First press Ad
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By Creative Director
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, First press Ad in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Long time lunker, first time poster....
    Creative Director is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

First press Ad

Long time lunker, first time poster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: First press Ad

Not so much!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative Director
    Long time lunker, first time poster.
    Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Thanks for posting up that ad. I like everything except for "powerful" and "exhilarating". But hopefully, to most people, the XTS is just that...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Thanks for the welcome, I really appreciate it.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Thanks for posting up that ad. I like everything except for "powerful" and "exhilarating". But hopefully, to most people, the XTS is just that...
    I think without a doubt the XTS will get another trim level by next year or so. They will either give it the "V" serius or bring back the old Performance edition like the DTS had from 06 to 09. I know that Cadillac is far from done with the XTS in terms of engines and features. They most likley were not able to finish the twin turbo in time for the launch of the XTS. I think that is also why we will have to wait a year or so to see the Blu-ray option to hit as well.

You're right - the 3.0 liter twin turbo V6 was not ready and the XTS needed to launch - so they didn't wait. There will absolutely be NO XTS-V - but the 400+ horsepower V6 will satisfy the bulk of driving enthusiasts...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The only V series made are on chassis capable of handling the added performance. Escalade, SRX, XTS will never be made into a V...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

You're right - the 3.0 liter twin turbo V6 was not ready and the XTS needed to launch - so they didn't wait. There will absolutely be NO XTS-V - but the 400+ horsepower V6 will satisfy the bulk of driving enthusiasts...
    Ugh...so, by the time they launch the TT, and then we have to wait a year or two to make sure it's not a lemon, then we might as well wait for the flagship...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm

Ugh...so, by the time they launch the TT, and then we have to wait a year or two to make sure it's not a lemon, then we might as well wait for the flagship...
    If you don't want to be an early adopter, than I guess so...

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Wow! I hope your saying that the XTS will still get that engine. If the XTS can get even near a 400HP engine, no one will be laughing at it anymore. This will also shut up some of the people whining about it not having a V8. At least if you get a V6 that produces well above what the old Northstar V8 produced then those peoples arguments are irrelevent. I test drove a 2011 Lincoln MKS with the 350HP Twin turbo Ecoboost V6. Let me say this if someone told me it was a V8 i wouldn't even blink. That car not only felt and sounded like a V8, your head snapped back a little when you pushed the pedal. It made my DTS feel like I had a V6 under the hood. I will be willing to think about holding off on a newer DTS and buy a XTS if they can deliver a faster car.

Yes, if the twin turbo V6 was ready, it would be in the XTS right now. You may have to give it a year or two, however. Maybe GM will surprise us next year. They're definitely aiming for a better performing XTS than the Lincoln MKS...

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    Wow! I hope your saying that the XTS will still get that engine. If the XTS can get even near a 400HP engine, no one will be laughing at it anymore. This will also shut up some of the people whining about it not having a V8. At least if you get a V6 that produces well above what the old Northstar V8 produced then those peoples arguments are irrelevent. I test drove a 2011 Lincoln MKS with the 350HP Twin turbo Ecoboost V6. Let me say this if someone told me it was a V8 i wouldn't even blink. That car not only felt and sounded like a V8, your head snapped back a little when you pushed the pedal. It made my DTS feel like I had a V6 under the hood. I will be willing to think about holding off on a newer DTS and buy a XTS if they can deliver a faster car.

So, what about this one… thoughts.?

obv.jpg

For a closer look…

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1763527/Bul...e%20future.jpg

Blake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS, 2003 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    Gee, based on your now/then signature, you wouldn't be picking one of these up until 2016 anyway? Why so down on the car...have you even driven it? I rented a DTS in 2011 on vacation. It had 90 miles when I picked up and 900 when I dropped off. Granted it was two years ago..almost, but my recollection is that the it was no more powerful than my XTS...if anything the XTS little quicker at highway speeds.

ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

I was an early adopter on the XTS Platinum. I think I'll wait until bugs are worked out on next one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.