What some Jag owners think of Cadillac's CUE - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, What some Jag owners think of Cadillac's CUE in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho You know as well as I the texting while driving law has done nothing to curb ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: What some Jag owners think of Cadillac's CUE

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You know as well as I the texting while driving law has done nothing to curb that. And many, especially business people who buy Cadillacs, need to conduct business while driving. Phones aren't going away. communication is going to continue to become more advanced. If Cadillac's CUE is making this easier to do and use in the car, I can only see that as a good thing.

Right now, with my Android HTC Evo, I regularly make calls in my Town Car through Bluetooth and use voice recognition to text even though it's technically illegal. In fact, using voice to text while driving is safer than making calls. And I also use the Google maps traffic feature while I'm driving with clients all the time. Why? Because it's easy and I can do it without looking or thinking about it. If these types of features(including Vlingo) become more common and more advanced with CUE, it's going to HELP with distracted driving.
    As long as there are senators that suggest to run ads to get people to use regular mail more often as a solution to the post office's decline in an age of increasing eletronic mail, we will never have a government or organized oversight commities willing to move with the times. Let's face it, America is behind the times by a good decade when it comes to the rest of the world in a lot of things, Automotive saftey and regulation is one of the more glarring ones. Or we could go deeper than that; we need strict archaic regulation because we license anyone with a heartbeat, to hell with lane disipline or anything resembling responsibility. Get your 40hours of unsupervised time behind the wheel and have at the world. Part of the reason why the country limits itself to 60 or 70mph is because the infascructure is so poor that any faster is dangerous in most areas, but most of the reason is-- people have no idea how to drive fast safely. Now you want to let people drive at those same speeds while distracted? Can't have that.

/end rant.

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

You know as well as I the texting while driving law has done nothing to curb that. And many, especially business people who buy Cadillacs, need to conduct business while driving. Phones aren't going away. communication is going to continue to become more advanced. If Cadillac's CUE is making this easier to do and use in the car, I can only see that as a good thing.

Right now, with my Android HTC Evo, I regularly make calls in my Town Car through Bluetooth and use voice recognition to text even though it's technically illegal. In fact, using voice to text while driving is safer than making calls. And I also use the Google maps traffic feature while I'm driving with clients all the time. Why? Because it's easy and I can do it without looking or thinking about it. If these types of features(including Vlingo) become more common and more advanced with CUE, it's going to HELP with distracted driving.
    Good point. But people will need to learn to use it the way it should and use it efficiently. Do you know the rotary in Concord, right in front of the prison/correctional facility? Just a couple miles outside of Somerville. Concord Turnpike starts from the east side of it. It's one of the worst intersections or rotarys I've ever seen in my life, especially at rush hour. Some woman in a CRV "merged" in and literally drove right into the passenger door of someone ahead of us lol. If we didn't get through when we did we'd of been sitting in traffic for an hour. Luckily I haven't had to go through it too often. But when I have to go to Somerville from the Rutland MA area I go this way.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I'm a chauffeur. Have been for 15 years. I lived in Billerica and am now in Worcester. I've lived here all my life and have logged about 1.4 million miles in my life...mostly in eastern MA. I see crazy everyday. Although, I will say, the Concord rotary isn't all that bad. The commuters know how to drive it, and other rotaries. The problem with rotaries are when you incorporate people who don't have a clue into them. That's when it gets nuts...

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    How does the screen know which side it is being touched from?
    It has proximity sensors. Not sure if theyre smart enough to know left from right.

I'm a chauffeur. Have been for 15 years. I lived in Billerica and am now in Worcester. I've lived here all my life and have logged about 1.4 million miles in my life...mostly in eastern MA. I see crazy everyday. Although, I will say, the Concord rotary isn't all that bad. The commuters know how to drive it, and other rotaries. The problem with rotaries are when you incorporate people who don't have a clue into them. That's when it gets nuts...
    This woman just...had no clue. My cousin was driving. Good thing he pays attention. Kelly Square in Worcester is never fun. A couple weeks ago it was a parkinglot from BK to 290, while 2 cops an ambulance and a firetruck tried to get through. Glad I rarely go through there anymore.

Yeah, I hate Kelly Square. But Wings Over Worcester is down there, so...

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

I think it was Lewis Black the comedien who made the comment that Linberg flew across the Atlantic without a radio and people today can't walk to the mailbox without a cell phone in their ear. If you think the world will stop if you can't stay connected, give it a try. Betcha the world will keep on turnin'. This connection fetish is a case of technology creating a need, not a need creating technology.

Not everyone is a bad driver because of texting or talking on the phone. But almost 100% of the people whom I see making mistakes while driving have a phone to their ear or their eyes focused more toward their lap texting.

Personally, I enjoy the silence when I drive...but then I'm an old fart.....
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

^Lol. Sometimes I drive in the quiet and just listen to the engine, but mostly I listen to CDs (classic rock of course). I can't stand the radio. Tomorrow in MA there's a hearing for two proposed bills, one to outlaw talking on a cell phone while driving and another to outlaw talking on a cell phone while driving in a school zone.

And neither will pass and are useless anyway...

No one follows the no texting rule. I don't know why they passed that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.