Features, Options and Specs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Features, Options and Specs in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just got some early training materials on the XTS- most of it is stuff we already knew, but if anyone ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Just got some early training materials on the XTS- most of it is stuff we already knew, but if anyone has questions about dimensions, options or features, post 'em up and I'll answer what I can.

Some of the things I'm liking so far:

-18 cu ft trunk
    -Standard heated/ventilated seats
    -Standard rear camera
    -Standard Brembos
    -Standard 19" wheels and Magnetic shocks
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Wink Re: Features, Options and Specs

Hi Cadillac Tony,

I would love to know some stuff about the XTS since I plan on buying one in the next year or so.

First off what is the length, width, wheelbase? (been dying to know this)

Is the CUE system going to be standard or an option? Is there a avaible Blu-Ray player and can it play blu-rays in park?
    kinda like the dvd players we have in our current Caddy's. I read somwhere that Cadillac was going to
    make a blu-ray player an option on the CUE system.

Can you tell me/us of some of the other options and/or editions the car will or can get?

And,, what is the HP of the base cars engine and will there be a optional higher HP engine?

BTW I am not a auto editer for any car mags, just a Cadillac fanatic.

Thanks so much Tony look forword to hearing back

Length: 202"
    Width: 72.9"
    Height: 59.1"

There will be 4 levels, similar to Cadillac's other models: Base, Luxury, Premium and Platinum. High end features like the forward collision alert, cross traffic warning and reconfigurable gauge cluster will be limited to the Premium and Platinum models, but Luxury will be nicely equipped with Brembos, Magnetic suspension, 19" wheels, CUE infotainment system, rear camera and more.

The CUE system will play CD/DVD/MP3/SD Card/XM and HD Radio- no Blu Ray capability.

All XTSs for 2013 will have the 300hp 3.6L. There's rumors of a twin turbo V6, but that hasn't been confirmed and won't be available at launch.

Some highlights of the Platinum level include Opus Leather seating in either Jet Black with Wheat accents or Light Platinum with Cocoa, fully leather wrapped center console, IP and doors, premium finish brake calipers, illuminated sill plates and unique grill/wheels.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

Re: Features, Options and Specs

Hi Cadillac Tony

Do you have any idea when production will start and inventory will be available?

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Adaptive Cruise Control?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post

There will be 4 levels, similar to Cadillac's other models: Base, Luxury, Premium and Platinum. High end features like the forward collision alert, cross traffic warning and reconfigurable gauge cluster will be limited to the Premium and Platinum models, but Luxury will be nicely equipped with Brembos, Magnetic suspension, 19" wheels, CUE infotainment system, rear camera and more.

The CUE system will play CD/DVD/MP3/SD Card/XM and HD Radio- no Blu Ray capability.

All XTSs for 2013 will have the 300hp 3.6L. There's rumors of a twin turbo V6, but that hasn't been confirmed and won't be available at launch.

Some highlights of the Platinum level include Opus Leather seating in either Jet Black with Wheat accents or Light Platinum with Cocoa, fully leather wrapped center console, IP and doors, premium finish brake calipers, illuminated sill plates and unique grill/wheels.
    Ok Thanks for all the info Tony. I am dissapointed to hear there will be no Blu-ray option. I know it may sound dumb but I really thought that would be such a cool option for the XTS to have and really set Cadillac apart from any other car maker since no one offers it. I know for sure there was talk back in October when the CUE was first introduced about a Blu-ray option. So there must be something in the works. Maybe an option for the 2014 XTS.

I am quite sure Cadillac has other tricks in store for the future XTS's. Bigger engines, more options etc. This is only the first year for the car, I bet we will see a few more fancy options added for 2014 or 2015 models.

macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Does anyone know if the seats will have the same comfort as the previous DTS? I noticed GM made the SRX seats stiffer on the side bolters for 2012. My 2010 SRX had softer cushions. For some reason, GM thinks stiffer seats are better....The DTS had the most comfortable seats. I hope GM goes forward with the XTS and doesn't make them like the CTS.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I'm liking the wide use of aluminum monobloc calipers on these kinds of cars. I was hoping Cadillac would take a clue from the Japanese imports on this one. Glad to see they have; because staring at a cast-iron sliding fugly thing behind nice 19's looks awfully common.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3
    Adaptive Cruise Control?
    Yes indeed. The front array will also be used for triggering the forward collision alert and collision preparation (automatic brake application).

Another nifty feature is the "virtual bumpers", which uses the front and rear sensors to automatically brake if the driver ignores or doesn't notice the audible warnings and keeps going. Should be nice for parallel parking.

Probably the thing I'm most excited about is CUE. A capacitive touch screen (like the iPad) is such a huge leap over the old reactive screens used everywhere else in the auto world, and the natural voice recognition will be a real boon for drivers. Instead of having to memorize a series of set commands, you can just say "Find me a jazz station" or "Show the nearest Starbucks". That's cool- its like Siri on the new iphones. Interesting that Cadillac and Apple were both working on similar tech at the same time.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater
    I'm liking the wide use of aluminum monobloc calipers on these kinds of cars. I was hoping Cadillac would take a clue from the Japanese imports on this one. Glad to see they have; because staring at a cast-iron sliding fugly thing behind nice 19's looks awfully common.
    Me too. I'll be interested to see what exactly the "Premium finish brake calipers" (as Cadillac is calling them) on the Platinum models will be.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Me too. I'll be interested to see what exactly the "Premium finish brake calipers" (as Cadillac is calling them) on the Platinum models will be.
    I was going to ask you about that. I'm hoping that it's something like matching the paint on the car or some kind of broad caliper color selection like on the vettes. It might be as simple as the standard calipers are just bare steel/grey looking and the premium finish just throws the paint on them. The imports don't paint their nice calipers, except for acura, and then it's any color you want as long as it's black.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

I'm reserving final judgement until I see it in Detroit next month, until....

What about massaging front seats and cooled rear seats??? I noticed the platinum model has the sunshades in the doors again!

I am also glad to see that Caddy was smart enuff to not make the CUE system standerd on all models. I can just picture limo drivers messing around with it or imagine seeing it in a hurst. ALso it would hurt thier sales becus not everyone will want that in thier car.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Uh, I do!

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

For comparison

Edit: Oops! This photo (above) is from the Cadillac.com website and is wrong! The overall length of a DTS is 207 inches. They have the specs from the STS listed for the DTS. D'oh!

Nonetheless, the XTS will be 5 inches shorter than the DTS apparently.

The extra length on the DTS vs the XTS is all unused space- empty room under the hood and a protruding rear bumper cover.

The XTS is not meant to replace the DTS, but for those interested in comparing them, there's difference of 4" in the wheelbase, 1.6" less rear legroom and .8 cu ft less in the trunk.

The XTS's major competitors (Chrysler 300, Lincoln MKS, Audi A6 and Hyundai Genesis) all have smaller back seats than the XTS, and both the 300, A6 and Genesis have significantly smaller trunks than the XTS as well.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.