Features, Options and Specs - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Features, Options and Specs in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well, dealers are taking orders, and apparently the car is in production, but I have yet to see what the ...
    RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Re: Features, Options and Specs

Well, dealers are taking orders, and apparently the car is in production, but I have yet to see what the final specs on that motor are. HP? Torque? Have the final numbers been released anywhere?

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Post Re: Features, Options and Specs

http://www.cadillac.com/xts-luxury-sedan.html states under the "Performance" tab that it's a 304 HP 3.6L V6 engine. Elsewhere, I've seen the torque listed as 264 lb-ft.

The performance is very similar to an Acura TL SH-AWD (AWD; 305 HP; 273 lb-ft torque), and an Infiniti M37 (RWD/AWD; 330 HP; 276 lb-ft torque). Still, I would have preferred something closer to the Infiniti M35h (RWD; combined V6/electric 360 HP; equivalent torque). Oh, well.

The fuel economy is estimated at 17mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway for the AWD model.

So somewhere it's losing a little power compared to the CTS's 3.6 (rated at 318HP and 275lb ft). Does the XTS have dual exhausts?

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The configuration of the engine in the XTS is near identical to the SRX (rated at 308hp), not the RWD CTS rated at 318.

It's nearly impossible to have "true" dual exhaust on a transversely mounted engine. It has two tailpipes at the rear, but the exhaust merges at a collector behind the engine, then splits again at the rear muffler. That change in packaging is most likely the cause of the HP difference.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Thanks Tony, for the clarification. I guess I, like everyone else, is always seeking to squeeze out a bit more power anyway we can.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    The configuration of the engine in the XTS is near identical to the SRX (rated at 308hp), not the RWD CTS rated at 318.

It's nearly impossible to have "true" dual exhaust on a transversely mounted engine. It has two tailpipes at the rear, but the exhaust merges at a collector behind the engine, then splits again at the rear muffler. That change in packaging is most likely the cause of the HP difference.
    Don't forget that the DTS had caps making it appear to have quad exhausts!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor View Post
    Thanks Tony, for the clarification. I guess I, like everyone else, is always seeking to squeeze out a bit more power anyway we can.
    Agreed! I've been driving my sister's Jag this week and the power/performance of that 5L V8 is quickly becoming addictive!!

Not that my DTS or Escalade is a slow, but....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.