Features, Options and Specs - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Features, Options and Specs in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by diberjp WTF! I can not stand the "haters" on this Forum. The XTS is and will be ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Features, Options and Specs

Quote Originally Posted by diberjp View Post
    WTF! I can not stand the "haters" on this Forum. The XTS is and will be the replacement. "Get over it !". I'm willing to bet it's going to be a super driving car, along with much better fuel economy (DI). I'm going to buy one, just because it is a Cadillac! Imported from Detroit, MADE IN THE USA! and GOD BLESS AMERICA! diberjp aka diggerdog
    The XTS is no doubt going to be a great car but it's not going to satisfy everybody. I'll be satisfied if and when it gets a twin turbo V6 with all wheel drive. I need the power. You don't. No big deal...

I'm also not crazy about the styling but it's "good enough" and the technology inside the vehicle, along with my power requirements, will put the XTS on my list...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know I appreciated all the candid responses! If you have lingering XTS questions, I'd be happy to help as it gets closer to spring. Feel free to send me a private message anytime.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Spring is today, spill it Katie (all the details). Just kidding; thanks for your help (but give us what you can as soon as you can).

p.s. Prices on the "Build your own" (at the Cadillac website) would be nice.

rustic4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know I appreciated all the candid responses! If you have lingering XTS questions, I'd be happy to help as it gets closer to spring. Feel free to send me a private message anytime.

Katie
    Hi Katie,

I am a 65 year old man who is interested in a new Cadillac (xts) ......... IF there is a hybrid or at minimum fuel efficient offering. For the most part I believe my generation isn't really interested in speed and power. I currently own a 2008 CTS I purchased new and will be buying either the xts if it meets my fuel efficient concerns or a Chevy volt or as a last option a fuel efficient foreign car. My fuel efficient concerns are directly linked to environmental impacts-- I have children and grand children......

Please advise if you believe the new xts will
    Meet my expectations or should I look elsewhere for my new vehicle.

Regards
    Jim Hamlyn
    Denver, Iowa

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I'm surprised you didn't go on about ethanol seeing where you live...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi Jim,

I'm happy to see this is an important topic for you and would be more than happy to investigate on your behalf. Please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can look into this further for you; however, please let me know if you do not use email or prefer another form of communication!

Best,

Katie

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by rustic4 View Post
    Hi Katie,

I am a 65 year old man who is interested in a new Cadillac (xts) ......... IF there is a hybrid or at minimum fuel efficient offering. For the most part I believe my generation isn't really interested in speed and power. I currently own a 2008 CTS I purchased new and will be buying either the xts if it meets my fuel efficient concerns or a Chevy volt or as a last option a fuel efficient foreign car. My fuel efficient concerns are directly linked to environmental impacts-- I have children and grand children......

Regards
    Jim Hamlyn
    Denver, Iowa
    Considering it has the 3.6L DI V6, it shouldn't be considerably different from the CTS w/the same engine.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by rustic4 View Post
    Hi Katie,

Regards
    Jim Hamlyn
    Denver, Iowa
    Well I don't know how far off your plans are for your next vehicle, but there are press releases of the Volt based Cadillac ELR:
    http://www.cadillac.com/elr-electric-car.html

I don't know that much about it myself, it's not on my radar because I don't think there's any sunroof option just as there is no sunroof option on Volt. Not that I could say anything other than what's in a press release even if I did know.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Quote Originally Posted by cardio-doc View Post
    DO YOU KNOW IF THE XTS PLATINUM WITH A BLACK INTERIOR - HAS A BLACK HEADLINER??I know that it is suede, but do you know if the COLOR is BLACK?Thank-you for your help.
    It's made of ultraseude (synthetic), not real cowhide. You can see that it's black for yourself here: http://www.cadillac.com/xts-luxury-s...-your-own.html You may have to spray paint the "light wheat" accents on the doors and dash if you want all black, or else settle for the Premium trim.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

I suspect the light wheat isn't this bright in natural light.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It will be pretty close to that in natural lighting. If you've ever seen a Deville with the "Oatmeal" leather interior, it about matches that.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Blastphemy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Post Re: Features, Options and Specs

Quote Originally Posted by diberjp View Post
    WTF! I can not stand the "haters" on this Forum. The XTS is and will be the replacement. "Get over it !". I'm willing to bet it's going to be a super driving car, along with much better fuel economy (DI). I'm going to buy one, just because it is a Cadillac! Imported from Detroit, MADE IN THE USA! and GOD BLESS AMERICA! diberjp aka diggerdog
    I think I'll use my first post to point out to the hyper-patriotic diberjp that - contrary to his first post - the XTS is made at the Oshawa, Ontario assembly plant (that's in Canada, not the USA). Just like my sister's Infiniti JX35 was built in Tennessee, not in Japan. But like all vehicles, the parts come from all over, and the administrative offices are in different countries. So no American car is truly "made in the USA," although some are assembled in the USA...just not the XTS. That car will be imported to Detroit from Canada

Fuel economy is 17 mpg city / 27 mpg highway per Cadillac's press releases. Is that "much better fuel economy"? Better than what? I get that in my V8 Infiniti M56; seems like a V6 should do better.

Regardless, I suspect that the 2013 Cadillac XTS will be my next car too. That $45,000 - $58,000 car has all the high-tech features of my 2011 M, plus many that my $67,000 vehicle doesn't (such as head's-up display, mirror turn signals, C.U.E. system, front & rear parking sonar, rear cross-traffic alert, magnetic ride control, On*Star, folding rear-seat headrests, capless fuel tank, safety alert vibrating seat, oh...and a free iPad). I think I can live without the Infiniti V8; 300 HP and 264lb-ft of torque should be enough in California's stop-and-go traffic.

Bigplay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 CTS V-sport Premium

I read somewhere that they're giving ipad 2's with the XTS to give customers more help with getting accustom to the new cue system. Is that true?

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    Yes.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Blastphemy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Post Re: Features, Options and Specs

We'll know for sure about the iPad when the car hits dealerships in late June, but that's what was announced in the press. For example, a quick Google search would have returned articles like this: http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...th-a-cadillac/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.