Features, Options and Specs - Page 4
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 126
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Features, Options and Specs in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by C&C Good info 'Guy'; next we need prices. The salesman who gave me the spec sheets told ...
  1. #46
    HartfordGuy's Avatar
    HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Age
    48
    Posts
    785

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    Good info 'Guy'; next we need prices.
    The salesman who gave me the spec sheets told me the base XTS should be priced around $42,000. So it is priced between the CTS and DTS.

  2. #47
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    49,400
    Some dumb mag (I think it was Motor Trend) said it would start around CTS prices.

    ----------

    So I guess I'm a bit embarrassed I never bothered to find my seat recall and just started using it on my V this week.

    Kinda crucial on my CTS-V with my big frame and the super grippy suede steering wheel...

  3. #48
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    81

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Thanks for sharing this with us. I have to say after reading this and what we should expect from the XTS, I am not too impressed. There seems to be very little interesting in terms of options and features. The car has all the latest gadgets but nothing that stands out from the rest of the luxo pack expect the CUE system. I remember reading they were going to have a optional Blu-ray system and a twin-turbo V6. Stuff like that will make the XTS much more interesting. All I can hope for is a few more neat options and engines that will make there way to the XTS by 2014 or 2015. If not I do not see this car breaking any sales records. Cadillac still needs to add some bells and whistles to this car to make it stand out. Hell you can get most of these options in a fully loaded Buick LaCrosse or Ford Taurus. This is why I am against these car companies putting all the high end options in lower level cars. What's left for the luxo brands?

  4. #49
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,961

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    do you have anything in mind specifically that you wish it had that other cars don't have? (or that other cars have?)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  5. #50
    EChas3's Avatar
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cedarburg, WI
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,287

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Intellibeam?

  6. #51
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,961

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    when and why was intellibeam decontented from cadillacs?

    ----------

    also, i figured that we should at least link to the press release thread here (i almost copy and pasted it here)
    but that press release has all the info on what is available and it seems like a pretty impressive group of options and features

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...w-formula.html
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  7. #52
    M5eater's Avatar
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, VA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,521

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this with us. I have to say after reading this and what we should expect from the XTS, I am not too impressed. There seems to be very little interesting in terms of options and features. The car has all the latest gadgets but nothing that stands out from the rest of the luxo pack expect the CUE system. I remember reading they were going to have a optional Blu-ray system and a twin-turbo V6. Stuff like that will make the XTS much more interesting. All I can hope for is a few more neat options and engines that will make there way to the XTS by 2014 or 2015. If not I do not see this car breaking any sales records. Cadillac still needs to add some bells and whistles to this car to make it stand out. Hell you can get most of these options in a fully loaded Buick LaCrosse or Ford Taurus. This is why I am against these car companies putting all the high end options in lower level cars. What's left for the luxo brands?
    there's nothing stand-outish in german land like CUE..

    I think your expectations for a value-priced brand are too high. If you want bleeding edge everything whip out the check-book for an S class or 7 series. Cue in itself is a big deal imo..

  8. #53
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    81

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    do you have anything in mind specifically that you wish it had that other cars don't have? (or that other cars have?)
    Well the two things I mentioned. No one has a Blu-ray player in dash or for rear entertainment. I don't even see a regular DVD player mention on the spec sheet for the XTS. Also I know they can pump out more then 300HP. Even the boring looking Lincoln MKS can get a 350HP Ecoboost engine. Also like someone mention here, is Intellibeam gone? It must of went the way of the Rainsense wipers. Two options Cadillac needs to bring back. All other luxo brands have the wiper sensor option and whats crazy about it is that Caddy was one of the very first to use that option way back in 96. To me it seems like Caddy is steping backward with this car. Ok the Cue system seems awesome. But that alone is not enough to sell me on this car. Back in 2000 the new Deville DTS could have a optional Night Vision system. I had A 2000 that had it. That was cutting edge tech at the time that no one had it, same with the LED lights at the rear of the car.

    Besides the CUE system is not all that stand out anyway. ALmost all the luxo brands, even non-luxo brands have a simler infoment system. The CUE may have better graphics and haptic feedback but thats it. Looking back at GM's history and the way they introduce cars, I do think they will have a few more packages/editions out for the XTS by 2014 or 2015 that will add some better touchs and options to the car. Like I said be4 this car barley stands out from a fully loaded LaCrosse and that is not good. I really want to like the XTS and have been following this car for a year now but at this point I am just not impressed.

  9. #54
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    49,400

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    Well the two things I mentioned. No one has a Blu-ray player in dash or for rear entertainment. I don't even see a regular DVD player mention on the spec sheet for the XTS. Also I know they can pump out more then 300HP. Even the boring looking Lincoln MKS can get a 350HP Ecoboost engine. Also like someone mention here, is Intellibeam gone? It must of went the way of the Rainsense wipers. Two options Cadillac needs to bring back. All other luxo brands have the wiper sensor option and whats crazy about it is that Caddy was one of the very first to use that option way back in 96. To me it seems like Caddy is steping backward with this car. Ok the Cue system seems awesome. But that alone is not enough to sell me on this car. Back in 2000 the new Deville DTS could have a optional Night Vision system. I had A 2000 that had it. That was cutting edge tech at the time that no one had it, same with the LED lights at the rear of the car.

    Besides the CUE system is not all that stand out anyway. ALmost all the luxo brands, even non-luxo brands have a simler infoment system. The CUE may have better graphics and haptic feedback but thats it. Looking back at GM's history and the way they introduce cars, I do think they will have a few more packages/editions out for the XTS by 2014 or 2015 that will add some better touchs and options to the car. Like I said be4 this car barley stands out from a fully loaded LaCrosse and that is not good. I really want to like the XTS and have been following this car for a year now but at this point I am just not impressed.
    Then you obviously have no idea what CUE is...

  10. #55
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    81

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Then you obviously have no idea what CUE is...
    Yes sir I do know what the CUE is and part of what its capeble of! I have been following it since they first introduced it in October. I am saying it is a fine piece of tech no doubt. However it dose not raise the bar too much higher then what the MyFord or MyLincoln can do. You can sync 10 devices. Ok kinda cool but nothing over the top. Haptic and Captive feedback. Again its cool and a bit different then what other auto makers are doing but again nothing earth shattering. The issue here is GM is more intrested in in just talking about the CUE system more so then the damn car itself. Thats all we hear about is the CUE system when they started talking about the XTS at the LA auto show. As if the car itself is the after thought. Bottom line,, this car needs something more then just the CUE system to help it and Caddy stand out. Rainsenser wipers gone, Inteilibeam gone, no Park assist system where it parks the car for u. Even the MKS offers options like these. And though I agree the latter is nothing more then a high tech show off gadget, it should be offerd on a high line division like Cadillac. I just hope the later XTS's can offer a bit more then this. I do see now why Cadillac did not want to call this car a flagship. It dose not sound like one. Maybe they will get it right when they introduce the other so called RWD flagship in the next few years.

  11. #56
    M5eater's Avatar
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, VA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,521

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Yes sir I do know what the CUE is and part of what its capeble of! I have been following it since they first introduced it in October. I am saying it is a fine piece of tech no doubt. However it dose not raise the bar too much higher then what the MyFord or MyLincoln can do. You can sync 10 devices. Ok kinda cool but nothing over the top
    no, he's is right.. you really don't know what it is. Cue is fully 3d navigation maps, customizable intrument and infotainment clusters, fully touch capacitive controls for all the dash controlls in the car,gesture enabled controls for the center console, simplistic customizable icon support, fully updatable software and configurations, tactile feedback from the buttons, proximity sensing screens, natural voice recognition instead of akward commands, and fully compatible with smart phone and ipad integration, which is a HUGE thing in a world where your phone is your connection to the internet. No one has anything like cue, not Bently, Maybach, Mercedes, BMW, no one.

    Rainsenser wipers gone
    they're not gone.. where did you see that?
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

  12. #57
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,961

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Cadillac-CUE/
    If you want to get dorky/nerdy/geeky then read that
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  13. #58
    rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium, '15 Escalade Premium ordered
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    405

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post


    they're not gone.. where did you see that?

    Rainsense was deleted from all Cadillacs for 2010 & 2011 MY save the SRX. They returned to the option sheet on the 2012 CTS, but have not returned to the Escalade, although it does have Intellibeam.

    The XTS and ATS will offer Rainsense, Intellibeam, Lane Departure Warning, Side Blind Zone Alert. The XTS will also feature Adapative Cruise Control.

    But, I attended the Charity Preview Friday night in Detroit and spent longer than I should've looking at the XTS and the thing that struck me the most was that whenever anyone inquired about the engine they completely lost interest in the car when the moment the spokesperson said V6. Everyone I overheard wanted/expected a V8!

  14. #59
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,961

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    the V6 they have in there puts out more power than the NorthStar V8 did and gets better gas mileage ... I don't see what the problem is with that besides people just wanting a V8 for the sake of having a V8
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  15. #60
    M5eater's Avatar
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, VA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,521

    Re: Features, Options and Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Cadillac-CUE/
    If you want to get dorky/nerdy/geeky then read that
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD IT's LINUX BASED!

    WINNN!!!

    Guys.. this is EPIC! Best of all, GM can't make it unhackable, here we come user created CUE styles!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting