Features, Options and Specs - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Features, Options and Specs in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Pontiac, saturn and Olds died off because they were not profitable, regardless if they had new product in the pipe ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Features, Options and Specs

Pontiac, saturn and Olds died off because they were not profitable, regardless if they had new product in the pipe that would have done them good (in pontiac and Saturns case) at the time during the chapter 11 and senatoral hearings, they were not profitable and were used a sacraficial lambs to get the much needed loans.

Cadillac on the other hand, is profitable, and so is GM as a whole right now. I'm not following the logic where they dump a profitable brand. Lincoln is worse off than Cadillac and Ford still thinks it can turn it around and injected 1billion into them.

as far as the aging product, that's sort of a fact of life in the car-business, you can't have a top-tier product for every market at onc. Also food for thought; the compact executive sedan market are mercedes, BMW and Lexus's highest sellers, and guess who's putting out a new compact to match the new competiton? Cadillac.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Wonder if they fixed the asinine way the seat exit function works on the DTS. You know, pull the key out, seat moves back, steering wheel up, exit and lock the car with the fob, then unlock the car with the fob and the seat and steering wheel move back to the drive position BEFORE you get in the car.....

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    Wonder if they fixed the asinine way the seat exit function works on the DTS. You know, pull the key out, seat moves back, steering wheel up, exit and lock the car with the fob, then unlock the car with the fob and the seat and steering wheel move back to the drive position BEFORE you get in the car.....
    My old Infiniti Q45s did that. It never did occur to me until now that the seat and steering should -stay- in the exit position until you get back and put the key in.

My Seville seems to stay in the exit position, but I never thought about it.

Good observation.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    It's fixed in the CTS at least. key off door open starts the exit procedure, and doesn't move until the ignition is turned on. I hated the function until I figured out it's really the only way to crawl out of the Recaro's anyway. My door seals are showing evidence of it already.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

I always keep mine down and back anyway, unless there is someone behind me in the back seat. Never noticed it either, although it is stupid.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    It's fixed in the CTS at least. key off door open starts the exit procedure, and doesn't move until the ignition is turned on. I hated the function until I figured out it's really the only way to crawl out of the Recaro's anyway. My door seals are showing evidence of it already.
    So on the new DTS the seat and wheel etc move when you use the keyfob? On my '05 the seat and wheel move to the off positions when I pull the key out/open door and then they move back to the drive positions when I stick the key back in.

Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    So on the new DTS the seat and wheel etc move when you use the keyfob? On my '05 the seat and wheel move to the off positions when I pull the key out/open door and then they move back to the drive positions when I stick the key back in.
    Note I was referring to the CTS only.

Whoops, I meant to quote Tulsa.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    Don't know about the pre-2006 DTS. But all since 2006 will have the seat and wheel go to the exit position when the key is removed. And, assuming you locked the car, when you go back to unlock the car with the fob, the seat and wheel move back to the drive position before you get in the car. Kind of a stupid setup. I've overcome the shortcoming by just turning off that feature and programming the #2 preset to move the seat/wheel back and up. Hit #2 on exit, and on re-entering the car, hit #1.

Ah okay. I don't get why they changed it like that because on my '05 they don't move until you stick the key back in. Makes more sense that way I think.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Earlier Cadillacs actually had a choice in the DIC to either move the seats immediately upon the unlock signal from the fob OR to wait until the key was inserted. Either way you chose, the car made the "decision" of which position to go to based on which fob unlocked the car (driver 1 or 2).

This was one of the biggest sources of frustration for our owners. The wording in the menu where you chose your preference ("key in recall" or "remote recall") made people think the car could differentiate between the actual metal KEYS and decide the memory position based on that, but it couldn't. Most people don't lock the car in the garage, so when they drove the car after their spouse without using the fob to unlock it, the seat went to the wrong place and then they called us, angry because they thought it wasn't working properly (even though it was).

Cadillac thought they were fixing a problem by simplifying it- it moves before you get in, not smushing you into the wheel if you didn't use the fob to unlock it. Simple, right? The problem is that they simplified it in a manner that removed the convenience of the seat being back on entry.

They listened to feedback and made another change. Starting in 2011 SRX and flowing across the lineup to the other models, there's now only one choice: memory recall on/off. If it's set to ON, the position changes when you insert the key or push the starter. If OFF, it doesn't move AT ALL until you push the 1 or 2 button on the door.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    They listened to feedback and made another change. Starting in 2011 SRX and flowing across the lineup to the other models, there's now only one choice: memory recall on/off. If it's set to ON, the position changes when you insert the key or push the starter. If OFF, it doesn't move AT ALL until you push the 1 or 2 button on the door.
    i think that's the right thing to do... funny you mention this 'feedback' because in another thread a forum member insisted (with two horrible spelling mistakes) that gm never listens to the people who buy their cars http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2820021
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I've posted in a ton of the memory seat threads, and always pass the feedback on to GM at our regional Dealer meetings.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Here you go.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7004/6...5bc07fe3_o.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7023/6...88884676_o.jpg

I am using links instead of imbedding the photos as the text is small and didn't post large enough to read. The links will take you to a full sized photo of the Specs brochure.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Good info 'Guy'; next we need prices.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.