Cadillac XTS4 Pictures - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac XTS4 Pictures in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've yet to see it in-person but from photos, I'm conflicted. It looks OK from the front. The rear roofline ...
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Cadillac XTS4 Pictures

I've yet to see it in-person but from photos, I'm conflicted. It looks OK from the front. The rear roofline looks hunch-backed to me. From the back, the track appears narrow and weak.
    blessed, blessed, hueterm and 1 others like this.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

A V8 would make it look awesome... >-(
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

ken615 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I'm suggesting that if Cadillac is going to offer their premium sedan that looks like a much cheaper import with virtually the same features, who's going to buy it? The side view of the two cars is very similar, the power of the two engines is within 7 hp, the interior room is very close, the fit and finish is likely to be comparable, and modern Hyundai autos are very reliable (based on my experience with my wife's Azera, which was more reliable than any Cadillac I've ever owned). The Azera will probably top out at around $32K while the Caddy will undoubtedly exceed $50K if not approach $60K for the platinum model. Other than brand loyalty, why would we pay the difference? That's the major reason that Hyundai sales are growing rapidly while Caddy is stuck at lower levels. The Equus already offers the options that most of us would like to see in "our" cars, V8, etc. And, both Hyundai models have been on the road for over a year in Korea, so a lot of the early production bugs have probably been worked out. None of us can make a decision until we see and drive the new models for ourselves, but... I'll keep my DTS and decide later if the Caddy badge is worth the money.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by ken615 View Post
    I'm suggesting that if Cadillac is going to offer their premium sedan that looks like a much cheaper import with virtually the same features, who's going to buy it? The side view of the two cars is very similar, the power of the two engines is within 7 hp, the interior room is very close, the fit and finish is likely to be comparable, and modern Hyundai autos are very reliable (based on my experience with my wife's Azera, which was more reliable than any Cadillac I've ever owned). The Azera will probably top out at around $32K while the Caddy will undoubtedly exceed $50K if not approach $60K for the platinum model. Other than brand loyalty, why would we pay the difference? That's the major reason that Hyundai sales are growing rapidly while Caddy is stuck at lower levels. The Equus already offers the options that most of us would like to see in "our" cars, V8, etc. And, both Hyundai models have been on the road for over a year in Korea, so a lot of the early production bugs have probably been worked out. None of us can make a decision until we see and drive the new models for ourselves, but... I'll keep my DTS and decide later if the Caddy badge is worth the money.
    All I'll say is it's in the details these days. Clearly from the stand-points you're making the DTS is even worse than the XTS, it had vastly conservative looks when it was launched with a 10year old powertrain with Front wheel drive and almost no discernible or innovative features by today's standards at all. Infact it could be said it was behind more than a bit on the features list, and a Lexus GS that cost just as much offered a lot more bang for the buck .Yet, you bought one.

As you so eloquently put, the transportation needs of the average person could be met by a Hyundai, and on face value it would appear that they're the same. until that is, you drive them back to back and realize maybe the instrument gauges in the Hyundai are a bit too cold, or the cusions a bit too flat, or the steering is numb and lifeless, or the ride trashes you over bumps and the transmission hesitates in passing manuvers, and you don't seem to remeber parts costing so much on the DTS, or the ambient and outside flood lights while there-- are pratically useless instead of acutally illuminating the ground like in the DTS.

The XTS will not be ground-breaking. What it will be, is a high-quality luxury sedan where everything is perfect, rather than having something for the sake of having it.

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

@ken615

I'm with you on this. A lot of us stayed with Cadillac out of loyalty, and the XTS just isn't enough to stay any longer.
    And Cadillac can only survive if it would get a new crowd into the showrooms, but the XTS won't do that.
    Cadillac never could compete over quality or price, only with more luxury and a different design.
    But the XTS is hideous at best, and the luxury is nothing more compared to other midsize cars.
    And the quality, well it's GM.....
    And lacking a fullsize flagship, will hurt Cadillac, more then they think.

And reading the European reviews of the XTS, GM doesn't have to bother exporting to Europe.
    Sales will be non existent.
    The reviews are much worse then my worst predictions.
    I'm very disappointed in Cadillac, and I fear the worst for the future of Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    All I'll say is it's in the details these days. Clearly from the stand-points you're making the DTS is even worse than the XTS, it had vastly conservative looks when it was launched with a 10year old powertrain with Front wheel drive and almost no discernible or innovative features by today's standards at all. Infact it could be said it was behind more than a bit on the features list, and a Lexus GS that cost just as much offered a lot more bang for the buck .Yet, you bought one.

As you so eloquently put, the transportation needs of the average person could be met by a Hyundai, and on face value it would appear that they're the same. until that is, you drive them back to back and realize maybe the instrument gauges in the Hyundai are a bit too cold, or the cusions a bit too flat, or the steering is numb and lifeless, or the ride trashes you over bumps and the transmission hesitates in passing manuvers, and you don't seem to remeber parts costing so much on the DTS, or the ambient and outside flood lights while there-- are pratically useless instead of acutally illuminating the ground like in the DTS.

The XTS will not be ground-breaking. What it will be, is a high-quality luxury sedan where everything is perfect, rather than having something for the sake of having it.
    The XTS' interior had better be like the first class section of an Emirates A380, because that is potentially its only draw. Uninspiring powertrain mated with a ho hum exterior...the pyramid of expectations is crumbling...
    NOW

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    The XTS' interior had better be like the first class section of an Emirates A380, because that is potentially its only draw. Uninspiring powertrain mated with a ho hum exterior...the pyramid of expectations is crumbling...
    Lexus has been doing just fine with unispiring powertrains and utterly borring and lifeless exteriors..soley because as I stated previously, they get the details right and they understand their target audience perfeclty. The interior and details are what make the LS and GS the cars they are. The XTS is not supposed to be a game changer, it's supposed to be a merger of two vehicles into one, and one of those vehicles; the DTS; comprises a lot of Cadillac's sales volume, so a safe shaving of some of the DTS's less desirable qualities has been done here, but it's still a traditional American Luxo-barge. The problem here, is people thought the XTS would be some kind of 50K/unit monster, I'm not sure why, because the cars it replaced were neither radical in design or monsterous in sales volume. The DTS was a niche car, the STS was a sort of ordinary full-sized extension of what the CTS was. So what they've tried to do is replace both and melt the two together a bit. I think it's worked just fine, because in this particular area, fast drastic change isn't a good thing. Cadillac still wants their aging boomer crowd, the DTS and STS simply didn't fit into their plan as a performance oriented brand . A brembo-brake equipped, 300Horse standard and future AWD/ Twin turbo model does. The Ciel and ATS will wow us. The XTS is just supposed to tide their traditional luxury loyalists over for a few more years.

All this garbage advertising going around plating it as the most advanced Cadillac every and such is just a by-product of being the newest model in their Line-up. It shouldn't be confused as their attempt at a S-class or 7 series killer

C&C
    C&C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

In my evaluation, which mean in my opinion, the XTS is a replacement for the DTS, and the STS was basically dropped. The next CTS will fill the loss of the STS and the ATS will be more in line to the original CTS and be its replacement. There is a lot of jostling at Cadillac right now (with the new flagship, with Ciel underpinning) coming sometime down the road. What I have just proclaimed is pure speculation and conjecture on my part (but I think maybe I'm on the right track). As far as the negative comments (coming against the XTS and some ATS responces on other threads), they are not even out yet; I'll wait and decide, this Spring, (when released for sale).

And as far as the accolades for the Hyundai/Kia vehicles, granted they have some acceptable stuff (even good) now but it wasn't long that most of their stuff was junk. I'm a GM man (going way back; '60's) and have ridden the ups and downs throughout the years; seen any 'Classic' Kia's around?

And as far as the accolades for the Hyundai/Kia vehicles, granted they have some acceptable stuff (even good) now but it wasn't long that most of their stuff was junk. I'm a GM man (going way back; '60's) and have ridden the ups and downs throughout the years; seen any 'Classic' Kia's around?
    Hyundai bought all of Honda's good engineering staff. What they're producing now isn't just good by hyundai/Kia standards, it's good by overall market standards. Certinally they're still somewhat toss-away cars, but then again I can't think of any Japanese import luxury-esque brand that makes or made a vehicle worth keeping to 'Classic' status anyway. Even the Germans find that one difficult past super-top end models that have nice fanatical followers anyway (S-class, AMG, RS and M car reference there)

I mean, the E38 was a fantastic car in it's time, but the only reason they're still around is because they've depreciated into nothing and the powertrains are still chugging along. The same is happening to the E65-- you can pickup a decent 745Li for used Camry prices.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

The E38 is still a fantastic car...unless it's beat down and on its last legs...
    NOW

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    The E38 is still a fantastic car...unless it's beat down and on its last legs...
    true. I needed the correction there, but when you can pickup an E65 for < $15K...

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

Those pictures make the thing look ugly as sin. I hope thats not the case.

I really loved the STS/DTS and this does not even come close to either in looks. I hate to say it but even the Lexus ES looks better than this. WTF is Caddy thinking? is this for the Chinese market and we are just getting the left overs, again?
    blessed and blessed like this.

rics8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts4

side veiw is great front and back suck. they should have stuck with a re-vamp of the stsand add a sts-L like the china versions with the cts front lights and layout and a bit more prefomance, power compared to the carmaro v6. they would have saved alot of money and returned customers. they just don't listen.
    THe xts will kill caddies.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by rics8 View Post
    side veiw is great front and back suck. they should have stuck with a re-vamp of the stsand add a sts-L like the china versions with the cts front lights and layout and a bit more prefomance, power compared to the carmaro v6. they would have saved alot of money and returned customers. they just don't listen.
    THe xts will kill caddies.
    those sound like bad ideas ... what makes you think the XTS will kill Caddilac?

cheer up - there's good things ahead for Cadillac... just because it's not what you want or are looking for doesn't mean it won't sell well
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

The XTS is not the DTS replacement. It will be priced out starting around $42000. That's not too much more than a base CTS. So they are really after a client who wants a bigger CTS.

The STS market was dwindling as was the DTS market. This will be a step in between the CTS and the next big flagship to be out in the future. So if anything, this is going to be the middle car like the STS was. I wouldn't be surprized if an XTS V-series was in the future with a V8.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.