2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; All I can say is WOWWW! Use FULL Screen and turn up the volume !!!! It will make your blood ...
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury

All I can say is WOWWW!

Use FULL Screen and turn up the volume!!!!

It will make your blood tingle... this is what the new generation Cadillacs are all about!

http://mediasuite.multicastmedia.com...9&preview=true

Read all about the new 2013 XTS here.

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...6_xts_overview

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury

A nice review from the L.A. Autoshow!

2013 Cadillac XTS - LA Autoshow - YouTube

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Yeah, I have to admit that XTS looks sweet. Quite a different niche than the SRX, but if I was looking for a full-sized luxury sedan that would definitely be on my list.

Sube

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Yeah, I have to admit that XTS looks sweet. Quite a different niche than the SRX, but if I was looking for a full-sized luxury sedan that would definitely be on my list.

Sube
    I agree with you Sube ... I certainly do "enjoy" my SRX!

As you stated if I was looking for a full-sized luxury sedan that would be on top of my list for sure.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    All I can say is WOWWW!

It will make your blood tingle... this is what the new generation Cadillacs are all about!

It will make your blood tingle... this is what the new generation Cadillacs are all about! [/COLOR]

http://mediasuite.multicastmedia.com...9&preview=true

[COLOR="#000080"]

That is the kind of introduction you get at a new car press function. They should run that as the TV commercial spot.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

I don't know who's in charge of advertisement, but they need to "promote" this car much better than they did the SRX. I never even saw an SRX commercial or newspaper/magazine ad until long after I bought the thing. I just happened to see one on the street. This was back in Sep of 2009. The first SRXs were sold in June or July of that year. By the time SRX commercials became prevalent, the 2011 model was already out. The general public should know about the XTS, see pictures, commercials, etc. long BEFORE it hits the market. Sure, car afictionados will always find out about these types of things, but it needs to be exposed to the masses. There needs to be a "build up", anticipation and lots of drooling while waiting for it to be released.

GM marketing division, take note!

Sube

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

It will make your blood tingle... this is what the new generation Cadillacs are all about! :worship
    I certainly hope not. A stretched LaCrosse with FWD bones and no optional power plant? This car is a step in the wrong direction. This is a competitor for Lincoln & Volvo and built for car service. This car isn't going to win over many BMW, Audi & Mercedes drivers.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

If only QA could catch up with Marketing....

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

This car is B-E-A-UTIFUL! I love it! The tail lights, grill, headlamps, lines, all say Cadillac! Its gorgeous! And the interior!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by droptopron View Post
    I certainly hope not. A stretched LaCrosse with FWD bones and no optional power plant? This car is a step in the wrong direction. This is a competitor for Lincoln & Volvo and built for car service. This car isn't going to win over many BMW, Audi & Mercedes drivers.
    Well you are certainly entitled to you impressions etc. However, I personally feel this is a step in the right direction for Cadillac and I truly believe their new design(s) will win over many more new customers to GM.

I believe the 300+ HP 3.6L V6 will satisfy many owners... if there is a need for more power I am sure GM will introduce the right package... perhaps in the future there might be a turbo-charged 3.6L engine??

FYI: Just like the new SRX has won over many previous Lexus owners and other foreign buyers. Come back and visit this thread in a year to see how well the newer 2013 Caddys are doing! I believe you will see Cadillac sales continue to climb!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...w-formula.html

just thought i'd share the link to the same discussion over on the XTS subforum
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Well you are certainly entitled to you impressions etc. However, I personally feel this is a step in the right direction for Cadillac and I truly believe their new design(s) will win over many more new customers to GM.

I believe the 300+ HP 3.6L V6 will satisfy many owners... if there is a need for more power I am sure GM will introduce the right package... perhaps in the future there might be a turbo-charged 3.6L engine??

FYI: Just like the new SRX has won over many previous Lexus owners and other foreign buyers. Come back and visit this thread in a year to see how well the newer 2013 Caddys are doing! I believe you will see Cadillac sales continue to climb!
    I would love to see the statistics of how many Lexus owners bought the SRX and end up dumping it for something else next time around. And the icing on the cake would be "why?" they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I would love to see the statistics of how many Lexus owners bought the SRX and end up dumping it for something else next time around. And the icing on the cake would be "why?" they did it.
    Hey great idea Steve...

Why don't you start up a thread and pose that question since you want to know. The only trouble I see is it might take a few years to get a good enough sample to satisfy your urge to know.

Then again you might just want to visit a Lexus site to try and find an answer to your question.

BTW: You can keep us all posted on what you find out ... K?

bill57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville

Hey great idea Steve...

Why don't you start up a thread and pose that question since you want to know. The only trouble I see is it might take a few years to get a good enough sample to satisfy your urge to know.

Then again you might just want to visit a Lexus site to try and find an answer to your question.

BTW: You can keep us all posted on what you find out ... K?
    And it will probably take a few years to get valid statistics to measure the success of the XTS. The segment that feels married to the Cadillac brand will surely purchase an XTS, as well as a small segment who will "come over" to Cadillac because the XTS attracts them. But, it will take at least three years of statistics to measure the effect of Cadillac purchasers who left Cadillac because they felt the XTS did not represent the "full size luxury car" they had embraced Cadillac for in the past, and sought to purchase again.
    Further, it will take at least three more years of statistics to include those Cadillac purchasers who historically purchase used (pre-owned) Cadillacs (and by the looks of what the members of these forums report as cars they currently own, the majority do not purchase "new"). Many of the posters who appear to "love" the XTS will wait for two or three years to actually purchase a used one.
    New car sales statistics for the single year wherein a new model is offered do not adequately represent the success of that model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.