2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Have to agree with Rhinelander. The high sided, narrow look of the car is just not Cadillac. Never liked the ...
    TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Re: 2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury

Have to agree with Rhinelander. The high sided, narrow look of the car is just not Cadillac. Never liked the Lexus GS for the same reason. And the short wheelbase is a bit offputting. One of the things that makes the 300 look good with the high sides is a 198 inch length with a 120 inch wheelbase. Looks less dainty, more planted. Still photos can be deceiving. I liked the looks of the Lincoln MKS in photos, not at all in person.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

While it may be totally out of my price range (for a new car), economics aside, I'm going to really look hard (when it comes out); I may have to CPO it (as I did with my current STS), and even then, it may be too much for a retired/fixed income auto enthusiast.

SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham, Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

Wasn't the Adaptive Ride Control that introduced in the 94 Deville Concours, similar to the Magnetic Ride Control?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

all the active suspensions are similar in that the car can adjust the damping of the shock/strut on the fly

MRC is just way better than the previous RSS/CVRSS because there's no internal valve that can go bad and the response time is almost instantaneous
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Yeah, the most notable thing is the response time...

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    all the active suspensions are similar in that the car can adjust the damping of the shock/strut on the fly

MRC is just way better than the previous RSS/CVRSS because there's no internal valve that can go bad and the response time is almost instantaneous
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham, Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

Thanks for clearing that up! I really never understood why a lot of people bash the ride of the 90's Deville's, I always thought they rode very nice and extremely smooth compared to most luxury cars of that time. The road sensing suspension is what I did like about those cars, including the power from the Northstar.

I can't imagine driving a Caddy that has the magnetic ride control, must be like cruising above the clouds, but with great handling lol.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

MRC can really be tuned in ... it does make for a more sportier suspension usually but compare a CTS-V to a DTS Platinum and the MRC tuning is very different
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I love CVRSS, but Ill probably hate it when it comes due for service. 140k so far... Knock on wood. GM did an fantastic job refining the ride and dialing back the float considering the technology that was available in the 90s.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

The CVRSS in my '95 Concours was pretty responsive, considering its age and its tuned down nature compared to STS/ETC. It had a great ride, however. In my ETC, the ride wasn't quite as comfortable, but it was a more aggressive handler.

The Magneride in my DTS Platinum is just amazing. I'm sure it's tuned much more aggressively in CTS-V, but the DTS will take corners way faster than I'm willing to push it, and the ride is extremely smooth but never floaty.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    The CVRSS in my '95 Concours was pretty responsive, considering its age and its tuned down nature compared to STS/ETC. It had a great ride, however. In my ETC, the ride wasn't quite as comfortable, but it was a more aggressive handler.

The Magneride in my DTS Platinum is just amazing. I'm sure it's tuned much more aggressively in CTS-V, but the DTS will take corners way faster than I'm willing to push it, and the ride is extremely smooth but never floaty.
    Even my DeVille DTS handled really nicely for such a big car. That was one of the things I'll always remember about that car. And once rolling, the Northstar was really great.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

give me 1 in white diamond or black raven please

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Head over to Gminsidenews and look at the side profile photos of the xts compared to the lacrosse. Its eerily similar.
    As it should be. Expect the Epsilon II 2014 Chevy Impala to have the same side profile as well.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Technically MRC (and like systems) are semi-active. They use past behavior to predict future road conditions (for example they know when you crest a hill). Full-active systems can detect something before feeling it (like a speed bump), as of right now no one markets a true fully-active system.

spyderman61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Its easy to armchair a corporations decision, but those who do act like they are playing with monopoly money. They want all the bells and whistle, but they want the product on the cheap. This only seems to apply to the domestic brands. The imports can do the same and nothing is said. Any car costing over 50 grand should not have any plastic exterior jewelery.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.