2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; well, the coke you get at restaurants tastes a lot different (to me anyway) than coke classic. That's all I ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: 2013 Cadillac XTS Introduces a New Formula for Luxury

well, the coke you get at restaurants tastes a lot different (to me anyway) than coke classic. That's all I am saying.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    ^^^ that he hasn't even seen in person yet!
    Yes I have. The details that changed from the concept that we saw less year are the loss of the ice block headlights, slightly less interesting interior, and revised grille will weird teeth.

The shape of the sheet metal did not change!

The xts has a shorter wheelbase than the cts and it shows in the awkward, bizarre shape of the car. Luxury is about beauty, in part. Cadillac's hope is that we will see the list of features and forgive the rest.

Head over to Gminsidenews and look at the side profile photos of the xts compared to the lacrosse. Its eerily similar.

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Well, according to Car and Driver, they are based on the same platform.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/news/cad...-and-info-news

bill57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville

A glorified Lacrosse; that's what I expressed in Post #13. Thanks for the C&D link.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by jaurig View Post
    I have been driving v8 sts for 20 years, you think i will like the v6 direct injection?
    Wait for the twin turbo V6 with over 400 horsepower...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    If it's the LFX you are talking about, it won't have the punch that the northstar has. But 0-60, I bet it's faster. It will be interesting to see if they offer this rumored 400+ hp TT V6 in the XTS.
    It should be available for the second year...

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    Jesda really hates this car.

Personally I didn't like it, but after seeing the interior, I'm impressed. It isn't a 7-series, A8 or S-Class, but it is still a premium full sized car.
    I think this car IS a good Audi A8 competitor - especially after the 400+ horsepower engine is available. It's not as wide and it doesn't have a long wheel base version, though - and that's disappointing. I guess they're leaving that stuff for the Omega based flagship...

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    "full sized car"? Perhaps as viewed through a telescope.
    I know. The media must be paid off for calling these new mid-size cars full-size. One guy even used the word "cavernous" to describe the inside of the "full-size" Buick LaCrosse. While the 7-Series, S-Class, A8, LS, XJ and Equus are still being made - this deliberate twisting on words isn't fooling 'everybody' (I know it's fooling most)...

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    The xts has a shorter wheelbase than the cts and it shows in the awkward, bizarre shape of the car. Luxury is about beauty, in part. Cadillac's hope is that we will see the list of features and forgive the rest.
    Really? Would you happen to have those numbers handy? That's crazy - especially since the new CTS is going to be larger than the current generation.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Xts and Lacrosse - 111.7"
    Cts - 113.4"

Also, Jaguar announced that it was going to offer two AWD sedans over the next two years (I assume XF and XJ), so its a good thing Cadillac is offering the Haldex system.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

A livery version of the XTS, now in the finishing stages of production, will debut on Feb. 13, 2012 at the International LCT Show in Las Vegas. The formal introduction of the XTS to the limousine industry is expected to drive an unusually high volume of traffic to LCT’s global annual trade show.
    extended wheelbase will be available
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Through coachbuilders only! And that still doesnt resolve the problems of width and height.

In other words, if you want a proper large Cadillac with a proper wheelbase, you'll have to pay someone extra to build it for you. So much for negotiating a deal and taking one home from the dealer lot.

C'mon Jesda, admit it: you're just pissed the XTS isn't the flagship 'omega'.

Just because it's not the car you want doesn't make it a bad car.
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

jesda is just pissed that the glovebox is too small to stow his stolen flatware collection
    Jesda and Jesda like this.

As somebody who's been very pissy about Cadillac over the years, I can relate to Jesda's frustration. I like the sounds of an extended wheel base model - but it really should be made by Cadillac itself. And while that does help quite a bit - it really makes this car almost complete - it's not as wide as I'd like it. And as some of you know, I like wide vehicles. Some of my most recent vehicles are a Fleetwood Brougham, Escalade ESV, 750Li and LS460L - all long and wide. It's been a few years now since I've owned a Cadillac - and I really want another one. The XTS in twin turbo form comes so close to what I need/want. Close, but no cigar.

I know the ATS and XTS are going to make the flagship possible. I've been waiting a long time now. I just can't hold my breath. I would not be entirely surprised if Cadillac was happy enough with the XTS sales to cancel the flagship altogether.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham, Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

That intro video for the XTS was very impressive! The music and everything. Is the interior display really going to look like that? Very futuristic to say the least. I am actually impressed with the car. It's not extraordinary, but at least Cadillac looks to be heading in the right direction with it's new updated styling cue's.

BTW what's the big deal about magnetic ride control? That's been on Devilles since the 90's, it's old tech.

I also love the fact that Cadillac didn't alter much from the production model XTS, vs the prototype. They look identical. The concept interior looks a lot better with amazing attention to detail compared to the pro model. I love the creme color interior in the concept, I really hope Cadillac has it in the production models since it's one of the best looking interiors I have seen in a long time. What I hate about the production XTS interior is the bland generic seats, and generic cheap looking window switches. It's the small stuff that people pay attention to, and I hope that Cadillac will improve in this area in the future, because the concept interior did everything right, the small V on the back of the front seats, even the V being on the back seat is a great touch. Also I love the sharper looking dash in the concept, even the center stack vents has a V shape, I mean that is cool. I am not sure if some of the design features are lost in the pro models because of government regulations or what, but Cadillac could of done more to spice up the interior and be different. Like having pull down trays for lap tops or whatever would have been an extremely nice touch.

Maybe all this will be introduced in Cadillac's bigger flagship one day.

I hope they still do the flagship. I think the XTS looks like a great car, but they really should make a 7/S fighter.

MagneRide was first introduced in 2002 on the mid-year model STS ... later that year it was used on Corvettes

since 2002 it has become standard on Corvettes and other manufacturers have licensed the technology or created their own version

not a single deville has magneride - except the 2006-2011 DTS performance and platinum models (which are pretty rare)

see wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagneRide

Quote Originally Posted by SDCaddyLacky View Post
    That intro video for the XTS was very impressive! The music and everything. Is the interior display really going to look like that? Very futuristic to say the least. I am actually impressed with the car. It's not extraordinary, but at least Cadillac looks to be heading in the right direction with it's new updated styling cue's.
    That high tech dash display started with the Lexus LF-A...

Quote Originally Posted by SDCaddyLacky
    BTW what's the big deal about magnetic ride control? That's been on Devilles since the 90's, it's old tech.
    As mentioned, magnetic ride control was never on a DeVille.

Quote Originally Posted by SDCaddyLacky
    The concept interior looks a lot better with amazing attention to detail compared to the pro model. I love the creme color interior in the concept, I really hope Cadillac has it in the production models since it's one of the best looking interiors I have seen in a long time. What I hate about the production XTS interior is the bland generic seats
    The concept interior was indeed nicer. And I don't like the bland looking seats either. I REALLY doubt the creme colored interior will be available on the production model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.