Introducing the 2013 Cadillac XTS - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Introducing the 2013 Cadillac XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; today i drove the Chrysler 300C..this is the first time i drive a Chrysler which before i think it can't ...
    nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Re: Introducing the 2013 Cadillac XTS

today i drove the Chrysler 300C..this is the first time i drive a Chrysler which before i think it can't compare with Cadillac..
    my friend Chrysler i think it worth every cent he paid for it compare with the CTS..or even the next XTS will come..
    he bought it in USA for 42.000$ and import to vn..it is 2012 model which include V8 RWD..very nice interiol...the leather so soft..
    the car run so smooth and stable..and quiet...

if Cadillac won't release the good car ....i think no one will buy it...for me i rather stay with the DTS instead of XTS..
    1 : the car need very good looking
    2 : of course it need awesome interiol but the outside much looks good first...and the XTS so urly..

the best Value in the market now is the Chrysler 300C..
    the Run is very quiet and smooth..lot of performance..very nice interiol..plus the car so big..the rear so large..compare with the tiny CTS...

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post

Like this?
    Yup. I prefer the license plate to be in the bumper like on the DTS. It makes for a more impressive trunklid and really highlights the Cadillac emblem.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

I got a DTS for a week while my car was in the shop mostly in preparation for the XTS and to see how it compared to my 2005 300. I enjoyed the car but I am honestly lost when it comes to any discussion of the style of the DTS. It is such a bland and boring design that can best be described as 'dated.' I love lots of old Cadillacs and I don't feel the DTS fits into the 'classic' Cadillac style or the new style. It is just a safe and boring design that has stuck around too long.

You may now proceed to flame away for my horrible words about your car that is the pinnacle of automotive style.

Edit: I will freely admit that the car is much better looking in person though and I was happy it looked better than pictures do.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

It's all a matter of personal taste isn't it? Some think Lady Gaga is bold and hip and ultra stylish. But I'll take Michelle Pfieffer any day over her. Crass and class differ only in one letter....

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i think Stefani Germanotta was smokin' in college... now she's all spectacle and half reminds me of Marilyn Manson

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HartfordGuy View Post
    Yup. I prefer the license plate to be in the bumper like on the DTS. It makes for a more impressive trunklid and really highlights the Cadillac emblem.
    Love it. I usually don't like the plate in the bumper. It breaks up the lines of the bumper. But in this case, maintaining the smooth decklid is more important and it works.

I just really like the overall shape. But then, the first gen Infiniti M is still one of my favorite sedans of all time.

rics8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts4

gm never does what ford and other car comapies do. listen to the people that actully buy their cars.
    if you notice that the GM parking lot is not filled with a-lot of gm cars. nor do the bigs wigs own gm cars, they all drive benz, RR, and bently.
    GM needs to Look at ford.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Ford's CEO insists that the executives drive the competitions cars... in the interview i saw he was currently driving a lexus

----------

Quote Originally Posted by rics8 View Post
    gm never does what ford and other car comapies do. listen to the people that actully buy their cars.
    and i think you're totally wrong about that ... what do you have to back up that statement?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I love the rear fascia. the vertical portion of the decklid looks like a big slab.
    That's the worst part for me. Looks like a slightly tweaked, spoiler-less Impala.

Frankly, I find the DTS styling to be UNsophisticated. I lol'd when it was introduced. Lots of plain, flat, uninteresting sheetmetal. There's nothing to catch your attention. It's just a rolling blob that's easy to mistake for a Chevrolet family car - if you even notice it to begin with. That sort of styling might work for the Impala and Camry where it's not much of a concern, but it's unacceptable in todays luxury market.

The poor little DTS's - they looked so lame in the corner of the dealers lot, hiding behind the stylish, fancy, modern Cadillacs in front of them.

Good riddance.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

For those who don't frequent the Lounge, Drew makes this comparison...all the time (or at least every few days).

Not that it makes any more sense in here, than it does there, considering the only thing the two vehicles have in common are front wheel drive.

Size, styling, handling, power, options, interior appointments -- not really anything close.

But, we'll hear about it again in a few days...back in the Lounge...
    drewsdeville and drewsdeville like this.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Chevy styling has often followed previous Cadillacs for the past few decades. Chevys were called Baby Cadillacs by many people. Not unlike some older Camry and Lexus models.

As for the current Impalas? I prefered the previous generations rear lamps. Somehow having horizontal rear lamps (and round ones) seems more in line with their heritage. But unfortunately none of the car manufacturers seems too concerned with carrying on styling traits.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    The impala and dts are as different as two cars sharing a platform can be. Of course they are going to have similar proportions. But that's about it. The impala is a very good car. No doubt. But it is no dts.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Yep, it's no DTS - but it's just as ugly as one!

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by rics8 View Post
    if you notice that the GM parking lot is not filled with a-lot of gm cars. nor do the bigs wigs own gm cars, they all drive benz, RR, and bently.
    GM needs to Look at ford.
    This is one I can comment on as a someone working at the GM tech center. I can't speak for the Ren Cen, but I drive a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. I have been working at GM since July of last year, we bought the Pacifica used in 2009 and I still owe more than I can trade in my vehicle for, so I will be continuing to own the Pacifica until that changes. Our family also owned a Toyota Yaris which we traded in for a 2 year lease for my wife to drive a Chevy Cruze which she is very happy with.

Back to the subject at hand. Because I drive a Chrysler Pacifica, I need to park in a non-GM vehicle parking lot. This parking lot is further out towards the main roads past the more convenient parking for GM vehicles. The non-GM parking lot is getting a bit more full because the top floor of the 4 level parking structure gets closed in the winter because of ice, forcing more of the GM vehicles for those who arrive later in the work day to use surface lots - and the GM vehicle surface lots fill up, forcing them out into the non-GM parking. Otherwise, the non-GM lot might have a couple dozen cars parked in it.

The GM surface lots are pretty full as I walk past them to go to work, and when I ride with another engineer that parked in the parking structure it's full, all with GM vehicles. Using public info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General...chnical_Center there are 16,000 people working at GM... So I think it's pretty fair to say that most people working at the GM Tech Center drive GM vehicles.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    The impala and dts are as different as two cars sharing a platform can be. Of course they are going to have similar proportions. But that's about it. The impala is a very good car. No doubt. But it is no dts.
    I'm not following. They're on entirely different platforms.

The W-body as we know it dates back to the 80s. The current (well, now former since summer 2011) iteration of the K-body finds its origins in mid 90s Oldsmobile. They were originally developed for entirely different audiences at different price points. Much of the expense and heft of the K-body seems to go to its structure, making the Aurora, 98+ Seville, and late-model Deville and DTS among the stiffest large cars on the road.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you said.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by WillK View Post
    So I think it's pretty fair to say that most people working at the GM Tech Center drive GM vehicles.
    Sounds like automotive incest. I wish automakers would discourage such dated and pointless parking segregation.

Alan M came to Ford as the owner of a Lexus LS460.

Back in the 80s, GM executives drove fleet-maintained Cadillacs and were isolated from the day to day awfulness of cars like the Cavalier, Citation, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.