Introducing the 2013 Cadillac XTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Introducing the 2013 Cadillac XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac As far as I'm concerned, it IS an upgrade to the DTS - besides the ...
    hueterm is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Re: Introducing the 2013 Cadillac XTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, it IS an upgrade to the DTS - besides the engine.
    Well...yeah... The problem is, that to us, the engine matters.

To most of the drones, it doesn't. They will like the increased MPG. Now, the oldies may not like the iPad controls....but that's another story.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Yeah that's true. The replacement for the DTS. So they didn't really discontinue the DTS, they just renamed it
    Pretty much. This is exactly a mix of the Seville STS and the current DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    Well...yeah... The problem is, that to us, the engine matters.

To most of the drones, it doesn't. They will like the increased MPG. Now, the oldies may not like the iPad controls....but that's another story.
    I know.. They're trying to sell this car to the masses. You and I are not the masses. So while they'll lose us - they gain so many more. Now if the twin turbo V6 is available - that'll make the car much more powerful than the current DTS. If they can keep NVH at bay, it may be a win/win...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I still laugh at the outrage this car generates among the enthusiast crowd. A good 75% of the people ripping this car aren't new car buyers to begin with, while a good portion of the others don't understand its purpose and place in the lineup.

Every brand has a somewhat "ho-hum" car that's designed to not offend anyone and have mass market appeal. Decent fuel economy, inoffensive yet somewhat stylish looks and a good amount of comfort features on the inside. Not every car is a CTS-V or S600 AMG, nor should it be. The big, ostentatious, RWD V8 flagship everyone wants will not be a big seller, nor will it exist unless Cadillac turns a profit and improves their visibility among the boomer crowd currently driving a Lexus ES or E Class Benz.

It brings a new look to the mid/full size segment, and probably a more comfortable and quiet ride than an E Class, A6 or 5 Series, many of which have owners who don't know or don't care about the difference between RWD and FWD. Despite the outrage from a bunch of people on the Internet driving 4th hand 90's Fleetwoods or BMWs, Cadillac will sell a ton of thee cars if it's priced right.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Agreed. I've said it before - the XTS isn't exactly my cup of tea - but I'm sure it's going to sell a LOT...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    I still laugh at the outrage this car generates among the enthusiast crowd. A good 75% of the people ripping this car aren't new car buyers to begin with, while a good portion of the others don't understand its purpose and place in the lineup.

Every brand has a somewhat "ho-hum" car that's designed to not offend anyone and have mass market appeal. Decent fuel economy, inoffensive yet somewhat stylish looks and a good amount of comfort features on the inside. Not every car is a CTS-V or S600 AMG, nor should it be. The big, ostentatious, RWD V8 flagship everyone wants will not be a big seller, nor will it exist unless Cadillac turns a profit and improves their visibility among the boomer crowd currently driving a Lexus ES or E Class Benz.

It brings a new look to the mid/full size segment, and probably a more comfortable and quiet ride than an E Class, A6 or 5 Series, many of which have owners who don't know or don't care about the difference between RWD and FWD. Despite the outrage from a bunch of people on the Internet driving 4th hand 90's Fleetwoods or BMWs, Cadillac will sell a ton of thee cars if it's priced right.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Still, I like the current DTS a little better than the XTS. I like the boxy lines (the overall shape, not the sharp creases). Then again, I am one of, I think, 13 people who like the first generation Infiniti M.
    hueterm and hueterm like this.

thestig8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Lux Sport "Camille"

I'm not gonna say any words until I get up close and personal with one. To me it looks good, it looks like something that regular people would want, it's different from the others. Yeah, Germany will probably scoff at the base models, but that's what the Platinum models are for (hopefully we'll get one for the XTS). I just hope this can bring down Audi from their narcissistic pedestal, they're commercials are starting to annoy me, and I think the new A8 is ugly.

cts4ever is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS & 2010 SRX

I agree, "thestig8"! The Platinum model should quiet Germany down, but if Cadillac wants to really send them packing, an "XTS-V" should do it!!

One can only hope...

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Do you think older folks will get turned off by all this techno stuff in the XTS? I highly doubt they have IPods and IPads and smart phones lol. Hell except a smart phone I don't even have any of that crap.

I think you would be surprised. Todays older folks are much more tech savvy than they used to be.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I understand that. My point is simply that the DTS was not a car they were struggling to sell. It was a very nice car that still has a customer base. An aging one, but it's still there. Also, at a rough guess, I would venture that on a daily basis, I see more DTS than CTS.
    Very true. The DTS sold, I know plenty of people who own them because they were in fact more plush than the STS. They didn't seemed to be bothered by the crappy radio and ugly steering wheel.

The XTS in that regard will sell well, it's very attractive inside, will be extremely well appointed. The only issues with it will be lack of a V8 and the fact that Epsilon II (the platform it rides on) has a bulbous look. The LaCrosse suffers from it, but the Art and Science theme makes it worse. A curvaceous car can be a little fat, but something that has lots of cuts and edges need to be more taught.

The biggest issue is the rake of the front windshield (too laid back starts too close to the wheel well) and the rear glass. The glass slopes off the end. If you could bring that down sharper and eliminate the quarter window behind the rear door the car would look 1000% better. Seriously, that is pretty much it.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

I know that if the XTS has move desirable options like AWD and more powerful engine options; it will sell more vehicles. As with the CTS; buyers have to get use to the design and drive the car and then it will grow on the trend setters and the rest follow after 6 months to a year as other people's opinions override their own - and those doubters buy the car and they repeat the process to their friends of the trendsetters/ It is then a hit to all concern.

I like Audi myself and I would buy it if it was offerred in AWD and had a more hp engine.

What is the price of the XTS rumored to be? What was the DTS? Wasn't it around $40k? It was a whole lotta plush for those not interested in driving dynamics. If the XTS is similarly price, I agree, it should do very well. I always thought that was the problem with the STS. It was too small to be a luxury sedan, and too large and expensive to be a sport sedan.

hueterm is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Mine was $59xxx in 2008.

I would probably buy an XTS if it had a V8. The FWD/AWD really doesn't concern me. I think it looks good on the outside and hopefully the inside is spectacular. My Magneride DTS can cut its way through a twisty hilly 2 lane, or take a sharp exit ramp, with extreme stability at a far greater speed than I'll ever push it to.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Yours was a Platinum wasn't it? I thought I recall seeing one at a dealer a while back in the $40k's.

I was very impressed with the handling of the DTS, given it's such a large front driver.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

It's got that Lacrosse, MKS, Genesis look with a Cadillac grill (I would have preferred a more open grate, like on the CTS) and taillight treatment. Though will have to reserve judgement for the inperson look. As for interior hi-techy stuff, the world will continue to turn if I'm disconnected for a couple hours every day. Besides, drivers these days are pretty mediocre. Do we really need to give them more distractions??

I think my 2008 DTS will let me skip this one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.