Introducing the 2013 Cadillac XTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Introducing the 2013 Cadillac XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I saw it too! Last night, like you said on the Cadillac Website front page, for a short time. I ...
    cts4ever is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS & 2010 SRX

Re: Accidentally Revealed: 2013 Cadillac XTS

I saw it too! Last night, like you said on the Cadillac Website front page, for a short time. I clicked on the "learn more", only to be taken to the list of all their current models. I figured something wasn't right, but didn't think to grab a screen shot. Thanks for being quick enough on the draw to grab one for us all, EnvoyBu!
    EnvoyBu and EnvoyBu like this.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Re: Accidentally Revealed: 2012 Cadillac XTS

Is there going to be an AWD version or is front wheel the only choice?

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I must say I'm very disappointed in this design.
    It has a Cadillac grill, that's about it.
    The rest could be a toyota or a hyundai or whatever asian non luxury brand, there is no Cadillac left in the design whatsoever.
    Is this what we've been waiting for all these years?
    I've also read from reporters that the plastic on the inside, and the fake wood plastic, is the common cheap plastic found in so many American cars.
    So no luxury in the inside, and certainly not on the outside.
    And of course a small v6 to match.
    And the hood is sooooo small, but then again, it's just a midsize car.
    No V8 Cadillac flagships left anymore.

Maybe if it is priced between 30 and 35k some people would buy it.

Mercedes and Audi will be very relieved to see that this is the American "answer" to the luxury cars the Germans have to offer.
    The sales forecast in europe for this thing won't rise above 5 a year.
    ( I mean, there is literally only 1 STS sold in the UK)

And this thing will certainly never be part of my household or my company's fleet.
    Sad to see that Cadillac is falling apart this fast.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Wild View Post
    Is there going to be an AWD version or is front wheel the only choice?
    Yes, but probably not initially...

Quote Originally Posted by meniisoc View Post
    I must say I'm very disappointed in this design.
    It has a Cadillac grill, that's about it.
    The rest could be a toyota or a hyundai or whatever asian non luxury brand, there is no Cadillac left in the design whatsoever.
    Is this what we've been waiting for all these years?
    I've also read from reporters that the plastic on the inside, and the fake wood plastic, is the common cheap plastic found in so many American cars.
    So no luxury in the inside, and certainly not on the outside.
    And of course a small v6 to match.
    And the hood is sooooo small, but then again, it's just a midsize car.
    No V8 Cadillac flagships left anymore.

Maybe if it is priced between 30 and 35k some people would buy it.

Mercedes and Audi will be very relieved to see that this is the American "answer" to the luxury cars the Germans have to offer.
    The sales forecast in europe for this thing won't rise above 5 a year.
    ( I mean, there is literally only 1 STS sold in the UK)

And this thing will certainly never be part of my household or my company's fleet.
    Sad to see that Cadillac is falling apart this fast.
    I agree with you on the exterior design. Only the front and back is "Cadillac". The rest is actually Audi. Look at the A8. I'm not a fan of the V6 either - but hopefully we get the twin turbo 3.0. Then at least we have power. Whether the wood is real or not, I disagree with you on luxury on the inside. This is going to be a very, very luxurious car on the inside - with many high tech features. Besides power, this is going to be a very pleasant car to drive and be driven around in. A huge improvement over the DTS.

This is also NOT Cadillac's flagship to compete with the S-Class, 7-Series, LS, etcetera. This is NOT the flagship. And I do feel it's going to sell quite a bit. It's a good looking car - just not as flashy as I'd like for a Cadillac. Since most people like to buy boring looking automobiles, I don't see this having any trouble selling - since it's a mix of flash and boredom.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Since most people like to buy boring looking automobiles, I don't see this having any trouble selling
    exactly. give the people what they want.

And I thought it was said that the DTS outsold the s-class and 7-series combined.

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Re: Introducing the 2012 Cadillac XTS

From what I've read the DTS sold extremely well. It seemed like the second they stopped production there was literally none left on dealer lots. Everytime I leave the house I see at least one or two of them during my drive.

ponchoman49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Introducing the 2012 Cadillac XTS

Not bad but that is hardly praise for what surely will be a very expensive sedan. The concept got lost a bit in this translation with stubbier trunk and front over hang (hopefully this was a weight reduction measure and not done for styling) and the styling is oh so familiar save the front and rear end appearance. This is a common failing on cars today and one that is sadly lost on many of the younger buyers today. They are so used to dull Asian appliances that one more dull appliance with signature cue front and rear end appearance is nothing. The V6 is just a sign of the times and hopefully it will achieve high twenties fuel mileage with the new twin turbo engine taking over as the Hi Po version. The interior looks to be the best part of this car and hopefully it is wider than the too narrow Epsilon Lacrosse from which this car is heavily based. I wish the XTS every bit of success!

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Introducing the 2013 Cadillac XTS

Some of you guys sure get a lot out of a picture (and most of the negative remarks sound like pre-disposed prejudice); believe I'll wait and see the whole package before I make any derogatory comment(s). I was just going to ignore those (negative) posts but I didn't want to be included by omission. My take, so far, is guarded optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    exactly. give the people what they want.

And I thought it was said that the DTS outsold the s-class and 7-series combined.
    The DTS is a rental/livery seller. The S-Class and 7-Series are not.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchoman49 View Post
    Not bad but that is hardly praise for what surely will be a very expensive sedan. The concept got lost a bit in this translation with stubbier trunk and front over hang (hopefully this was a weight reduction measure and not done for styling) and the styling is oh so familiar save the front and rear end appearance. This is a common failing on cars today and one that is sadly lost on many of the younger buyers today. They are so used to dull Asian appliances that one more dull appliance with signature cue front and rear end appearance is nothing. The V6 is just a sign of the times and hopefully it will achieve high twenties fuel mileage with the new twin turbo engine taking over as the Hi Po version. The interior looks to be the best part of this car and hopefully it is wider than the too narrow Epsilon Lacrosse from which this car is heavily based. I wish the XTS every bit of success!
    Agreed.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

The TONS of DTS I see around Chicagoland cannot possibly all be rentals. And if they are livery, they would have to have livery plates. I rarely see a DTS with livery plates. Town Car pretty much has the entire limo market, at least around here.

There are more reasons than just that. Take price, for example. The S-Class starts at $90k... It's easy to see why the DTS would outsell the 7-Series and S550. It outsells the Rolls Royce Phantom too.

The TONS of DTS I see around Chicagoland cannot possibly all be rentals. And if they are livery, they would have to have livery plates. I rarely see a DTS with livery plates. Town Car pretty much has the entire limo market, at least around here.

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

Its better than I thought, but I will wait to see it in real life before I bash it. I remember the first time I saw a picture of the STS, it was underwhelming in pics but in real life very nice.

I think if it sells in the 30-35 range it could be a great counter to the good selling Lexus ES series but thats it. Like others have said, there is no Cadillac in this, its a generic design.

Come on Ciel, and dont screw that one up GM.

There are more reasons than just that. Take price, for example. The S-Class starts at $90k... It's easy to see why the DTS would outsell the 7-Series and S550. It outsells the Rolls Royce Phantom too.

I understand that. My point is simply that the DTS was not a car they were struggling to sell. It was a very nice car that still has a customer base. An aging one, but it's still there. Also, at a rough guess, I would venture that on a daily basis, I see more DTS than CTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinelander View Post
    Its better than I thought, but I will wait to see it in real life before I bash it. I remember the first time I saw a picture of the STS, it was underwhelming in pics but in real life very nice.

I think if it sells in the 30-35 range it could be a great counter to the good selling Lexus ES series but thats it. Like others have said, there is no Cadillac in this, its a generic design.

Come on Ciel, and dont screw that one up GM.
    I'm pretty sure it's going to cost at least what the DTS did.

I understand that. My point is simply that the DTS was not a car they were struggling to sell. It was a very nice car that still has a customer base. An aging one, but it's still there. Also, at a rough guess, I would venture that on a daily basis, I see more DTS than CTS.
    I hear ya. The DTS is a nice car and this will sell to all those interested in it. As far as I'm concerned, it IS an upgrade to the DTS - besides the engine.

I hear ya. The DTS is a nice car and this will sell to all those interested in it. As far as I'm concerned, it IS an upgrade to the DTS - besides the engine.
    Yeah that's true. The replacement for the DTS. So they didn't really discontinue the DTS, they just renamed it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.