Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: LA Auto Show , Sedan , Cadillac , GM , Luxury We first saw the Cadillac XTS Platinum ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Sedan, Cadillac, GM, Luxury

We first saw the Cadillac XTS Platinum concept (pictured) at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show, but it appears that the production car will finally bow in Los Angeles next month. The XTS will be Cadillac's new flagship sedan, replacing both the STS and DTS when it arrives.

The big highlight of the XTS will be Cadillac's new CUE infotainment system, which will later be available in the ATS sedan and SRX crossover. Mum's the word on what sort of powertrain will be lurking under the hood of the new flagship, but recent reports have suggested that we could see a turbocharged version of General Motors' new 2.5-liter inline-four, producing around 300 horsepower. For reference, the XTS Platinum concept debuted with a 3.6-liter V6 mated to a plug-in hybrid system, delivering 350 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque.

The XTS will go into production in the spring of 2012. We'll have the full suite of details live from Los Angeles next month.2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Re: Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show

its funny
    the flagship now got 4 cylinder ...and lack of V8
    i'm waiting mercedes make 4 cylinder S-class..and 1.8 for complete with that flagship

we should go to the Lincoln with auto parking and way cheaper than this car..
    or give the 300C a Vote
    it is much better just the lack of CADILLAC brand.

it looks like cadillac have power to sell expensive just because it is Cadillac

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

A turbo I-4?

History repeats itself... again...

Another Cadillac that will require large discounts (or give-away lease programs) just to move cars at a loss.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    its funny
    the flagship now got 4 cylinder ...and lack of V8
    i'm waiting mercedes make 4 cylinder S-class..and 1.8 for complete with that flagship

we should go to the Lincoln with auto parking and way cheaper than this car..
    or give the 300C a Vote
    it is much better just the lack of CADILLAC brand.

it looks like cadillac have power to sell expensive just because it is Cadillac
    Cadillac never said the XTS was to be the new flagship. Hopefully they will have a sedan version of something like the Ciel for that role.

Yes, a turbo 4 would be shocking if true. Unlike Mopar with their Hemis, GM is lacking in passenger car V8s today. I don't know what is worse, the lack of a V8 to drop in the new XTS or the thought of an all-new V8 design by GM. We all know how terrible every new V8 has been for Cadillac in the last 25 years. HT4100 anyone? Early Northstar oil consumption and head gasket failures?

Too bad the Northstar was dropped. They finally had the bugs worked out of it.

As for the Lincoln MKS, it rides like a truck on anything other than a glass surface. The rear end styling is more Hyundai than Lincoln. Other than the grille there is no continuity of styling. If Lincoln wants to survive they need to add some heritage to their lineup.

The Chrysler 300s are nice cars. Although I am not too impressed with their makeover. The original design was hard to beat.

At least Cadillac is keeping with their Art and Science theme. The edgy lines are such a nice contrast to the soap bar design of everyone else.

Too bad the Northstar was dropped. They finally had the bugs worked out of it.
    i own the Northstar also and i think Drop it is a good idea. This engine was a legend in last 10 years ago about HP and smooth. But it got it own problem and it haven't never fix until 2011. That is it leak oil and it Burn oil also.
    Why expensive car leak oil and drop to the floor and burn 1 quarts in every 1000 miles...
    i think GM should do a serious job to fix their new V8 car. it shouldn't leak oil and burn oil also.
    Why every cheap manufacturer event Huynhdai dont make a car which leak oil..and GM can't do that.
    Why they usually said they're the Number One in the world and can't fix the simple problem

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i own the Northstar also and i think Drop it is a good idea. This engine was a legend in last 10 years ago about HP and smooth. But it got it own problem and it haven't never fix until 2011. That is it leak oil and it Burn oil also.
    Why expensive car leak oil and drop to the floor and burn 1 quarts in every 1000 miles...
    i think GM should do a serious job to fix their new V8 car. it shouldn't leak oil and burn oil also.
    Why every cheap manufacturer event Huynhdai dont make a car which leak oil..and GM can't do that.
    Why they usually said they're the Number One in the world and can't fix the simple problem
    I can't agree about the Northstar. The one in my 2006 STS doesn't burn or leak oil. The one in my wife's 2007 STS does burn a little but that car was a Hertz rental, probably getting a minimum of service and hard use. Based on STS forum postings, the longitudinal-design finally corrects the long-standing weaknesses.

It may not be as efficient as newer designs but it is a great engine. The CTS-V proves GM has other good alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I can't agree about the Northstar. The one in my 2006 STS doesn't burn or leak oil. The one in my wife's 2007 STS does burn a little but that car was a Hertz rental, probably getting a minimum of service and hard use. Based on STS forum postings, the longitudinal-design finally corrects the long-standing weaknesses.

It may not be as efficient as newer designs but it is a great engine. The CTS-V proves GM has other good alternatives.
    \
    it doesn't matter it is RWD or FWD northstar because the block still the same. they will leak in the stud but it depend on time. because it is 2 pieces block.
    How many mile u got on your car ? i promise with u it will leak under 100.000 miles.

the only diffirent in your RWD is the head gasket was Metal instead of Paper like me. So it can't blow head gasket.
    but it will leak oil like mine.

anyway Northstar or OHV V8 LS..what will u choose..
    with me i will choose LS engine. Much better..and event the oil is leak in the oil pan we can fix it very easy. That is the reason i said Drop the Northstar is a great idea. REplace it with LS that will be the new Era of cadillac.

We will see...

Forum members point out many more differences between Northstar variants and don't report the faults you describe. The point is moot, anyway. That design has been retired.

More specific to the XTS, I don't have issues with a pushrod V8. They can be compact and lightweight while demonstrating good efficiency and torque at low RPM. The small-block has been figured-out and that is ceretain.

GM's designers will face a steep challenge to provide necessary torque. A peformance luxury car should be responsive and accelerate smoothly, without strain. Hybrid technology could help that but it still isn't cost effective. Hybrid cars waste money and natural resources. Ever see pictures of a lithium mine?

loucap81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

First time poster and 2006 DTS owner here. I think this car has disaster written all over it.

If I were looking to sell my DTS and buy a new car, why on earth should I buy this car over a Hyundai Genesis? I've rode in a base 2009 V6 Genesis and while nothing quite matches the floaty Cadillac ride, the Genesis comes close enough for the money. I just went on Hyundai's website and you can get a 2012 Genesis with the premium package at a hair under $40K. That includes a 14 speaker stereo, navigation, heated leather seats, sunroof, and a naturally aspirated 333 HP V6. Not to mention the Genesis is RWD as a true luxury car should be. Meanwhile I seriously doubt the base XTS is going to come in less than $40K.

Am I missing something here?

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by loucap81 View Post
    Am I missing something here?
    The fact that it's a Hyundai...
    bhoppes and bhoppes like this.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Hyundai and Cadillac shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. I love my Cadillac CTS.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Test drive the genesis back-to-back with the XTS when it comes out ... then you will see what you're missing
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    The fact that it's a Hyundai...
    Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    Hyundai and Cadillac shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. I love my Cadillac CTS.
    "It's just a Hyundai" isn't relevant anymore. At this very point in time, Hyundai is making better "luxury sport" cars than Cadillac is. Cadillac had no Hyundai Genesis. And Cadillac has no Hyundai Equus. These are well over 400 horsepower rear wheel drive full-sizers with the kind of comfort and amenities I expect from my favorite luxury automobile company. We can joke about Hyundai all we want - but they're moving forward. Is Cadillac?

My answer to that question is YES. But they're doing it at a snail's pace. Hyundai already has two full-size premium rear wheel drive luxury sedans in their lineup - and they have more impressive products on the way. Cadillac is playing catch up once again...

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Test drive the genesis back-to-back with the XTS when it comes out ... then you will see what you're missing
    The Cadillac XTS is supposed to be an entirely different car than the Hyundai Genesis. One is rear wheel drive, the other is front wheel drive. One has well over 400 horsepower - the other - probably around 300. The XTS will likely be a technological MARVEL compared to the Genesis, however... If you want a truly luxurious car, you're probably going to want the XTS over the Genesis.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i wasn't trying to compare the two, but since loucap81 was I just suggested the best way to compare
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I hear ya. The Genesis and Equus are closer to BMW where the XTS will be close the traditional Cadillac.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.