Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thank you. I agree that something just doesn't look right about the XTS. Mainly from the front, in my opinion. ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show

Thank you. I agree that something just doesn't look right about the XTS. Mainly from the front, in my opinion. I don't like the sides either - as nothing says "Cadillac" to me. It's boring from the side. In any event, the production version is supposed to look somewhat different from the Platinum Concept. I'm very anxious to see it. As for the V8 going into the upcoming full-size flagship - I have a feeling Cadillac is going to surprise us with a unique engine...

Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    Well said. I'm anxious to see the production version of the XTS, if it will have any differences. The back and the front ends of the show car look a little off to me. Not very Cadillac-like. The grill and lights are the current Caddy style, but IDK, somethings just off.

Does anyone think the next V8 Cadillac puts in a full size is going to be based on the LSA? Or something completely different...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Yep. Nothing really about it that stands out. The reason I fell in love with Cadillac is because of the fact that you can tell one apart from anything else on the road and they always have bold, unique designs. I'm not getting that with the XTS. I just hope this isn't the start of a continuing trend. The only thing I don't like about the back of the car is it looks too short and stumpy. I don't know, the front might be too round. There aren't enough sharp angles to give it an aggressive look like the CTS. The CTS is actually one of only a handful of new car designs that I like. Because it stands out. I can spot a CTS on the highway from a mile away while all the other cars just blend in. I hope Caddy doesn't start doing what most companies these days do and just make a clone of whatever the other guy does.

It's beauties like this that made me love Cadillac's!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    My answer to that question is YES. But they're doing it at a snail's pace. Hyundai already has two full-size premium rear wheel drive luxury sedans in their lineup - and they have more impressive products on the way. Cadillac is playing catch up once again...

I know you believe in the Genesis and Equus. I don't know the production numbers, and I don't know what it's like in Florida. But in this very large Chicago automotive market, I rarely ever see a Genesis. I have yet to ever see an Equus. Meanwhile, I see DTS (you know, the Cadillac everyone loves to make fun of?) EVERYWHERE.

I am still trying to figure out why Cadillac cancelled a car that I would have to lock myself in my house if I want to avoid seeing.

I hope Caddy doesn't start doing what most companies these days do and just make a clone of whatever the other guy does.
    Unfortunately, there is a reason manufacturers are doing that. It's because that's what all the car buyers want.

Ugh, don't remind me. People have no desire to be unique. I love the DTS. The design of the back of that car looks so intimidating.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I know you believe in the Genesis and Equus. I don't know the production numbers, and I don't know what it's like in Florida. But in this very large Chicago automotive market, I rarely ever see a Genesis. I have yet to ever see an Equus. Meanwhile, I see DTS (you know, the Cadillac everyone loves to make fun of?) EVERYWHERE.

I am still trying to figure out why Cadillac cancelled a car that I would have to lock myself in my house if I want to avoid seeing.
    The Genesis sells a lot down here. The Equus, not so much. The cars are excellent. People just aren't willing to give Hyundai a shot. Too much bad history. The DTS is a fleet vehicle. It's everywhere.

Yep. Nothing really about it that stands out. The reason I fell in love with Cadillac is because of the fact that you can tell one apart from anything else on the road and they always have bold, unique designs. I'm not getting that with the XTS. I just hope this isn't the start of a continuing trend. The only thing I don't like about the back of the car is it looks too short and stumpy. I don't know, the front might be too round. There aren't enough sharp angles to give it an aggressive look like the CTS.
    Take a look at the Cadillac Ciel to see a glimpse of future Cadillac design themes.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

I'm looking forward to seeing a car based on the Ciel. I think it has the oomph a Cadillac needs. I was actually hoping for a production version of the Sixteen a few years ago.

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

Does anyone think the next V8 Cadillac puts in a full size is going to be based on the LSA? Or something completely different...
    At this point in time the LS series engines is all they have ready to go. There is actually a rumor that they have the next generation after the LS series ready to go and the Corvette gets it first. Also, GM is desperately trying to trim the number of blocks it makes to reduce tooling/production costs, so it fits in with that model. The LS series is amazing and they do have VVT and DI for it, so this could be more than acceptable for most, but I am certain most people expect DOHC for a Luxury car now.

The Ultra V8 was designed quite some time ago and is actually outclassed already, but I would still love to see it. Did they mothball the factory the Northstar was made at? It does indeed look like the 5.0 from Hyundai is the engine to beat right now.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post

That's easy. They have two full sized cars, they're comming out with a new compact, and the CTS is getting a bump in size. It's called cutting un-necessary fat. The STS was really never necessary anyway, and looked way too much like the more sucessful CTS. It doesn't make sense to continue the DTS when you're trying to merge the two into a semi A8/ Lexus LS contender(ie, semi-driver oriented, but also very detailed and well appointed) and drop the old-mans cadillac Image that threw the brand into a 20 year slump. GM's reorginization is pinning Cadillac to take on The germans and Lexus. You're not going to do that without a Full sized car that's more like the competition.

Go check out the DTS forums. They are pissed that it got canned. Not a single one of those guys would ever even consider a CTS. Even the STS was too small for them. The Germans have ignored the full size front-driver because it is beneath them to build a car that does not cater to the driving enthusiast. Which makes no sense to me because 99% of the driving public are not driving enthusiasts. I understand they are going after BMW, but it still doesn't make sense to quit selling a car that had no real competition.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinelander View Post
    At this point in time the LS series engines is all they have ready to go. ... The LS series is amazing and they do have VVT and DI for it, so this could be more than acceptable for most, but I am certain most people expect DOHC for a Luxury car now.
    Maybe so, but if they're willing to give up RWD, the efficiency and torque of a pushrod V8 isn't a stretch.

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

Go check out the DTS forums. They are pissed that it got canned. Not a single one of those guys would ever even consider a CTS. Even the STS was too small for them.
    I am in that crowd, I love the STS and CTS but they are so small as to be useless for my needs. I am more than super pissed they did not have a full size car ready to go. The DTs/Deville was also the best selling full size luxury car in the US for more than 30 years, its sales often were greater than the 7 series, S class and LS combined. Those values by the way were a shocker to me.

So anyways, that is why I am following the XTS. I need a full size car to haul cargo around as well as important customers. In my line of business you dont drive a import.
    EChas3 and EChas3 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.