Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; good...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Cadillac News: 2013 Cadillac XTS coming to LA Auto Show

good
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Yes, there are plenty of traditional Cadillac types still buying vehicles. The Lexus ES is a great example. So we do need one car from Cadillac for these people. FWD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    good
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Stop it. All of this Hyundai nonsense is hurting my ears. I love my Cadillac CTS, and I'll love my Cadillac XTS. Conversation is over. The end.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Peter Delorenzo, the "Auto Extremist", has stated that the XTS looks better than the XTS showcar; guess we'll know after the LA Show (which will be here in no time).

I really hope so. We'll know exactly what it looks like in a couple of weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    Peter Delorenzo, the "Auto Extremist", has stated that the XTS looks better than the XTS showcar; guess we'll know after the LA Show (which will be here in no time).
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

What's the problem with the 4banger?

People want a good looking car;check , they want a lot of power; check, they want a lot of room; check(via FF layout) they also want near 25-30MPG; check

Turbo 4's with huge turbo-lag are so 80s. The ones of today offer smooth powerbands, and instant low-end torque. The only time you'll ever notice it from a V6 or V8 is when you pop the hood-- and then you'll thank yourself when your service bill is cut in half.

Everyone is going smaller, everyone. Sticking with a V8 that's making power comparable to V6's of your competition with lower MPG isn't going to cut it. Neither is keeping up with Lexus. You have to go on the offensive. A full sized luxury sedan with a 300horse 25+MPG engine does that.

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

People want a good looking car;check , they want a lot of power; check, they want a lot of room; check(via FF layout) they also want near 25-30MPG; check
    Not sure were you have been the past 15 years or more, but every DTS with 300HP smooth as silk engine that I have driven has been getting 25-30mpg all day long. I dont give a rats @#$ how much HP comes out of a 4 banger engine you simply can not defy the laws of thermodynamics and physics. The thing will get around the same economy as a V8 in the same weight/size car. We have been down this road many times in the past.

I can not even imagine the kind of odd vibration this thing is going to get or the fact its a first year engine and GM can never get those right. Oh and by the way, my V8 Northstar cost less than my bosses POS honda 4 banger, both have same milage. The Northstar is not an expensive engine as long as you do your part for maintanence. Its also very easy and even enjoyable to work on.

Going with a 4 banger means the customer is getting screwed in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinelander View Post
    Not sure were you have been the past 15 years or more, but every DTS with 300HP smooth as silk engine that I have driven has been getting 25-30mpg all day long. I dont give a rats @#$ how much HP comes out of a 4 banger engine you simply can not defy the laws of thermodynamics and physics. The thing will get around the same economy as a V8 in the same weight/size car. We have been down this road many times in the past.

I can not even imagine the kind of odd vibration this thing is going to get or the fact its a first year engine and GM can never get those right. Oh and by the way, my V8 Northstar cost less than my bosses POS honda 4 banger, both have same milage. The Northstar is not an expensive engine as long as you do your part for maintanence. Its also very easy and even enjoyable to work on.

Going with a 4 banger means the customer is getting screwed in my book.
    I'm not going to argue with you, it sounds like you're not open to anything but what you want in a car, and that simply would be the end of GM if you had it your way. When you make large departues in design and have an entrenched fanbase, you're naturally going to upset a few people. However, upsetting a few of your customers who buy a 30K unit/year car so that you can go on to make a 100K unit/year car is necessary.

I am open to V8s and V12s, there simply is no difference between any v4 being built so you have no differentiation in the car. I admit the 3.6VVT/DI is an amazing engine, but at the end of the day in a full size luxury car I am going to go back to a V8 and so are most other buyers who are going to shell out 50,000+ dollars.

The only reason for the V4 is the China market now dictates what GM/Cadillac does and we are simply getting the scraps. Sucks but true.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

now a V4... that would be something different!
    M5eater and M5eater like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    now a V4... that would be something different!
    Lol, I was trying to fit some kind of Saab or Mitsubishi joke in there, but I couldn't come up with one.

IIIII...I4 you guys happy now.

Still a crap engine for bottom of the barrel cars.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I doubt I'd buy another car if it didn't have an Adaptive Cruise Control that works as well as Cadillac's; rainsense wipers, likewise.

I think most people who buy an I4 Cadillac XTS will never abuse the engine enough to cause major problems. If you want power and buy the I4, that probably isn't the greatest idea. I'm all for options - so I don't mind the I4 - as long as there's a V6 available with 400 horsepower or more. Of course, I prefer a V8 - but that also must have over 400 horsepower to satisfy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinelander View Post
    IIIII...I4 you guys happy now.

Still a crap engine for bottom of the barrel cars.

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I think most people who buy an I4 Cadillac XTS will never abuse the engine enough to cause major problems. If you want power and buy the I4, that probably isn't the greatest idea. I'm all for options - so I don't mind the I4 - as long as there's a V6 available with 400 horsepower or more. Of course, I prefer a V8 - but that also must have over 400 horsepower to satisfy me.
    Well said. I'm anxious to see the production version of the XTS, if it will have any differences. The back and the front ends of the show car look a little off to me. Not very Cadillac-like. The grill and lights are the current Caddy style, but IDK, somethings just off.

Does anyone think the next V8 Cadillac puts in a full size is going to be based on the LSA? Or something completely different...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.