New Cadillac User Experience (CUE) Debuts in the XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, New Cadillac User Experience (CUE) Debuts in the XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Pretty impressive stuff. Natural voice control without forced command strings, capacitive (iPhone style) touchscreen, reconfigurable digital dash (think LF-A) and ...
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

New Cadillac User Experience (CUE) Debuts in the XTS

Pretty impressive stuff. Natural voice control without forced command strings, capacitive (iPhone style) touchscreen, reconfigurable digital dash (think LF-A) and more.

Via Autoblog:

Cadillac's Art and Science design ethos is easily one of the most ambitious in the industry. But Cadillac hasn't kept pace with its competition in a number of areas, including the realm of infotainment. That's set to change when the XTS arrives next year and Cadillac introduces CUE – the Cadillac User Experience.

The all-new navigation, information and multimedia system is making its world debut at the CTIA Wireless show this week, but we've been given a sneak peak ahead of its coming out party in San Diego, CA. From what we've seen, Cadillac hasn't just made a competitive system to battle the likes of BMW's iDrive, Audi's MMI and the (aging) COMAND setup from Mercedes-Benz – CUE portends another shift in how we interact with our cars, how we access information on the go and how we can adapt vehicles to suit our individual needs and tastes. But is it the right direction? Let's take a look.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/12/c...nt-game-w-vid/
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: New Cadillac User Experience (CUE) Debuts in the XTS

http://jalopnik.com/5848877/cue-the-...ainment-system

Nice video by jalopnik also

(or is that the same video?)

i'm pretty impressed... it looks like it's going to be about as good as I hoped

it looks similar to what I was seeing in the tesla model s video last week actually
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

The software is run on a Linux engine and an HTML 5 browser, allowing developers to write applications to CUE that can be downloaded by consumers.
    If they can manage to work in custom voice responses instead of preset canned responses that would be cool

something along the lines of apples new (refined/re-released) Siri assistant that can basically do anything would be super cool

i also like the interior - a lot
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I love that video... Exciting times for Cadillac...
    Attached Images
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Wonder if there is a charge pad behind the motorized control unit...

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

The XTS interior and the CUE look great! I'm anxious to see the XTS in-person! The interior looks high-tech and classy at the same time--a result that I'm sure was not easily accomplished. Let's hope there are classy colors for this vehicle, with a few being "uncommon" (and not the basic colors of black, silver, gray and white--but one or two that derive from the legacy of fine Cadillac colors in the sixties and seventies!) I hope there is a Platinum Edition of the XTS, too!

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    Wonder if there is a charge pad behind the motorized control unit...
    From the autoblog link in post #1:
    And in a nod to Lord LaHood, the center stack opens electronically to store your mobile phone or MP3 player in a soft touch, custom-molded tray with a blue-lit USB input.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    I hope there is a Platinum Edition of the XTS, too!
    the XTS was debuted in Platinum trim ... http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/12/d...-anything-but/

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    the XTS was debuted in Platinum trim ... http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/12/d...-anything-but/

Lets hope this is the base model XTS!

Leaving the CUE out of the discussion, the rest of that interior screams CHEAP. If I didn't know better, I'd think this is the ATS interior rather than the XTS looking at the sea of hard gray plastic everywhere. Even the fake wood looks fake.

After lusting over the XTS Platinum Concept's interior, this is a major letdown. Its like its not even the same car.

The pictures are not of the base model. They'd never do that. Cadillac is putting their best foot forward here. I agree the interior is VERY different from the concept - but I don't think it looks cheap. I HOPE the wood is real. If it's not, than Cadillac need to jump on some "we're saving the environment" bandwagon and advertise it like it's a good thing. The wood doesn't look great to me so it probably is fake. We'll find out soon enough.

If the build quality is high, I'll be very happy. If it's low, than it'll take away from the experience/big picture...

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    Lets hope this is the base model XTS!

Leaving the CUE out of the discussion, the rest of that interior screams CHEAP. If I didn't know better, I'd think this is the ATS interior rather than the XTS looking at the sea of hard gray plastic everywhere. Even the fake wood looks fake.

After lusting over the XTS Platinum Concept's interior, this is a major letdown. Its like its not even the same car.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

i don't know what you guys are talking about ...

i like the look of the wood (or faux wood) and the rest of the interior too...

doesn't look cheap or make from hard gray plastic to me ... in the wallpaper* sized image i even see some textured almost cloth wrapped panels

*(right click and view image for full size)

after looking close again at the full size pictures i'm not really sure about those textured panels ... originally i thought a textile or cloth wrap, but now maybe it's molded plastic or a rubberized coating

doesn't look like hard cheap plastic to me though

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    We'll find out soon enough.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

I'm holding out final judgement until I see real pictures as these are definitely computer generated. BUT, after seeing the XTS Concept in person, this interior is still a tremendous letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    after looking close again at the full size pictures i'm not really sure about those textured panels ... originally i thought a textile or cloth wrap, but now maybe it's molded plastic or a rubberized coating

doesn't look like hard cheap plastic to me though

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Looks a trillion times better than the DTS so that's all I care about...

The concept interior IS nicer but I like the production one as well...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.