Your opinion?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Your opinion? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a friend on Facebook who is an avid Cadillac lover (he owns two DeVilles and a 96 Fleetwood, ...
    thestig8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Lux Sport "Camille"

Your opinion?

I have a friend on Facebook who is an avid Cadillac lover (he owns two DeVilles and a 96 Fleetwood, his parents own an STS-V and an ESV), and he says the new XTS looks like Eurotrash. I disagree. He thinks that when the DTS goes, his respect for Cadillac goes.

What is your honest opinion of how the XTS looks? I think it looks good, but that's just my opinion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Re: Your opinion?

It is too soon to judge how the car looks when noboby has seen the production model yet.

As for your friends opinion? Remember the old saying: "Opinions are like hineyholes. Everyone has one".

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Bulky. The front end reminds me of the Chrysler Pacifica. Nice look but not luxury/elegant. But then that seems to be the trend. The Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS have the heavy sheet metal bulk look too. I much prefer the proportions of the current DTS.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by HartfordGuy View Post
    It is too soon to judge how the car looks when noboby has seen the production model yet.

wait for the production model ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by thestig8 View Post
    I have a friend on Facebook who is an avid Cadillac lover (he owns two DeVilles and a 96 Fleetwood, his parents own an STS-V and an ESV), and he says the new XTS looks like Eurotrash. I disagree. He thinks that when the DTS goes, his respect for Cadillac goes.

What is your honest opinion of how the XTS looks? I think it looks good, but that's just my opinion.
    His respect hinges on the DTS? Get new friends...

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

The XTS seems too small for my tastes. I've always liked Cadillac's because they were fast, luxurious and BIG. The XTS seems like a step away from the BIG part.

ponchoman49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Brougham

I'll reserve judgement until I see the final product but from the looks of what I have seen it seems to be following the current silly trends of being shorter, smaller gun slit windows, over sized rubber band tires, hunkier more bloated shape (like the current ugly LaCrosse) and plain generic looking side doors with no trim and little
    chrome or it's going to look more like a Lexus or European car than a Cadillac which much of the younger generation prefer but I do not.

has your friend seen the CUE video on the cadillac youtube page?

[edit: that question is directed at the OP]
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

I am going to hold judgment on this one, but so far I am not too excited by the looks.

As for the mention of a 4 banger engine option. Thats just sad, I am a V8 guy to the core and cant imagine a full size Cadillac with a 4 banger of all things.

Cadillac managers are smoking crack if they honestly think this is a acceptable replacement to Cadillacs greatest marquees the STS or DTS. I would say at best its a new category aimed at the Lexus ES 350 series.

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Well I think this car isn't even really intended to "replace" the DTS. It's just assumed it is because it's coming out when the STS and DTS are discontinued. So people who want the full size V8 Cadillac are left now with nothing, which is the problem. Cadillac's priority should of been replacing the flagship first. The XTS would of been a lot better as strictly an STS replacement while a V8 powered vehicle based on the Ciel should be done for the DTS first. The Sixteen concept was popular and people wanted a production version of it back in early 2000's. Now something like that is wanted even more since the DTS is done for and especially for a company like Cadillac it's a fail for them to not have a big powerful V8 car at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    and especially for a company like Cadillac it's a fail for them to not have a big powerful V8 car at the top of the list.
    what about the CTS-V?

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

I love the V but IMO it can't fill that spot. If I ever could afford one I wouldn't get it to compensate for the lack of a big full size V8 car, but for a fun sports car type of deal. I'd have to go with the Escalade to get what I'd be looking for, but I've always liked cars better than SUV's. If Cadillac had the CTS-V + a full size V8 flagship + the XTS that would be perfect. I think everyone would be happy.

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

I am with KN on this, Cadillac screwed up at epic proportions with not having a true full size V8 car. I even wonder if they can recover from this one. Lexus is going to eat their lunch over this and maybe even Lincoln(even being on life support) could beat them to the punch on a full size V8 car. Whats sad is that they could so easily build a fantastic car, all the components are already done, just take a LS motor, magnetic ride, magna power stearing, hydro formed chassis and do it all in the Corvette factory(its pretty underutilized these days). They could tweak the Cadillac 16 and press it into service like everyone has been begging for the past 10 years as well, that car looks just as hot today as when it first appeared.

The CTS-V is more like a hot rod and just too small and wild to fill the full size luxury roll. Just a note, the CTS is one hot looking fun car, but I like em big.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

OK - The XTS is going to put the best technology GM can muster on the road. It still looks like a midsize car.

Americans love big cars. The Escalade will outsell the XTS. Cadillac needs a full size car, a limousine. The Janesville WI plant used to make lots of pickups. Why not limos?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think GM is trying to build (rebuild) Cadillac's image. They can't just dump a full size V8 cruiser on the market and expect BMW and MB buyers to come running with open arms. They are building on the success of the 2nd gen V. Because of the V2, Cadillac is now a legitimate player. I think they will continue building on that with the ATS-V, and even the base ATS. If that works, I think then, and only then, will the more discriminating S Class and 7-series owners take notice. I think GM is doing right. No sense in spending money building a full size car that is doomed to fail.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.