Your opinion? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Your opinion? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; There might be statistics on sales and resale values on particular cars. And even on pizza sales of a particular ...
    bill57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville

Re: Your opinion?

There might be statistics on sales and resale values on particular cars. And even on pizza sales of a particular brand. But not sure how the pizza analogy works here.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

It doesn't

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...illac-DTS.aspx

This site quotes recent DTS sales figures in the 12-15,000 range. Even going back to 2005-6, Monthly DTS sales topped out near 25,000. The lifetime average is around 15,000 per month.

That may be better than the STS but I don't think it translates to an industry 'success story'. It's certainly a different market segment but the Camry averaged better than 25,000 and likely peaked over 30,000.

phalkon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven cts-v

evening all,the XTS is all caddy.i see them every nite as i have a break from making impalas and equinox.luxury without being gaudy.seeing them 'live' gives a far better impression than the pics.as for a comparison i read somewhere on here to a hyundai,thats the gaudy copies of everything else i'm refering to........heres an up date,driving home after midnight shift this morning i saw one of the xts(seems to be only white ones around)driving towards gm.it definately caught my eye in traffic and it was still dark out!

rics8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts4

Should have just gave the sts the cts interior and more hp. That would have been a winner.

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

This site quotes recent DTS sales figures in the 12-15,000 range. Even going back to 2005-6, Monthly DTS sales topped out near 25,000. The lifetime average is around 15,000 per month.

That may be better than the STS but I don't think it translates to an industry 'success story'. It's certainly a different market segment but the Camry averaged better than 25,000 and likely peaked over 30,000.
    A camry costs about 1/3-1/2 the cost of a DTS and its not a full size car. Try looking at the other full size luxury cars and you will see the DTS outsold all of them. The Deville/DTS was only one of the most storied full size luxury cars around and GM killed it.

The news from the insider sounds promising, here is hoping to a great car for Cadillac.

CaddyShack CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Cts4 ; 3.6L DI

From the looks of it.. the xts is kind of long and narrow looking. I'm going off of the 3 pictures on cadillacs website so really I'll reserve judgement. Pictures vs. actual product is much different. It's like people, some people just have that photogenic side to them. Tbh, I was kind of skeptical of the cts coupe but when I saw it on the road, it is an unbelievably amazing looking car. Try looking at the coupe then the cars around then back at the coupe. Everything else will look literally 10 years dated, unless there happens to be a audi r8 nearby.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The disappearance of the Town Car is one huge point in the XTS's favor. Cadillac's biggest competitor died of natural causes.

I haven't seen the new Chrysler 300 in very many livery fleets, but it does seem to sell well to retail customers.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by CaddyShack CTS4
    From the looks of it.. the xts is kind of long and narrow looking.
    Do you mean TALL and narrow looking?
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

CaddyShack CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Cts4 ; 3.6L DI

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Do you mean TALL and narrow looking?
    Yeah, that's what I meant.. The length will probably be a bit shorter than the dts model that it's replacing.

Daz77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood, 1998 Cadillac Deville

I thought the top-end of the Cadillac luxury line was suppose to be: A classy, very large vehicle with plenty of room for passengers, very powerful engine with all the options you can think of!!!! Have I been sleeping for the past 20 years or what???
    The XTS should be mirror an affordable Bentley and should crush the 300 with no problem.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Daz77 View Post
    I thought the top-end of the Cadillac luxury line was suppose to be: A classy, very large vehicle with plenty of room for passengers, very powerful engine with all the options you can think of!!!! Have I been sleeping for the past 20 years or what???
    The XTS should be mirror an affordable Bentley and should crush the 300 with no problem.
    Unfortunately they're very behind the times but they're working on fixing this. There's a "real" flagship coming and the XTS is just here to hold onto the traditional customer until it gets here. Now if for any reason this flagship gets canceled, I'll be REALLY disappointed...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz77
    This isn't the top-end Cadillac; it just happens to be the largest car they're building at this time, and there's plenty of room in the lineup for it.

Don't forget that after the XTS launches, Cadillac will still only have two sedans- this and the CTS, then three after the ATS. For comparison, Audi currently has five sedan models (A3, A4, A6, A7 and A8 ).

I've seen a timeline of new Cadillac product over the next 5 years, and it's full of new product. Patience, grasshopper.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post

I've seen a timeline of new Cadillac product over the next 5 years, and it's full of new product. Patience, grasshopper.
    That's the problem right there.
    People do not have any patience.
    They want to buy a car now.
    And i can not see any current DTS owner, fullsize V8 sedan, buying a XTS, midsize v6 hatchback/sedan.
    (Look at the pictures of the back, there is no trunk, it looks like a prius hatchback)
    They will move on to other brands, and probably stay there, once they realize that GM is not that great.
    I mean, i bought Cadillac's because i like the brand, not because of the quality or resale value, because
    those are not so great being a GM product.
    But the XTS is for many Cadillac lovers and owners a swing and a total miss.
    The XTS is to plain, blend and boring to stand out to all the quality competition from europe and asia, and
    won't bring the much needed new customers from other brands. As a niche market, Cadillac will not survive.
    And once the customers are gone, there will not be any money left to develop anything new.
    The XTS already took way too long. Cadillac became in the mean time a non existing brand in Europe.
    And looking at the reviews from europe, the XTS sales will be non existing in Europe, which is in fact a huge
    problem money wise.
    And i must say, looking at the XTS, i am very afraid what Cadillac thinks the new fullsize should look like.
    Probably a little bigger but shaped the same, so nobody would see the difference, just as the CTS vs STS.
    I am losing my faith in their designs by looking at the XTS, and foresee a dark future for Cadillac if they don't
    step up to the plate, and start developing great cars in the near future.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    The trunk is 18 cubic feet, which is only half a cubic foot less than the DTS. It can hold 4 sets of golf clubs or 5 suitcases, both of which are important figures for business people and retirees.

The angled look of the rear is probably for aerodynamics and helps it achieve the 28mpg hwy. Other luxury brands are adopting similar styling as well, so it's not like Cadillac is out of their minds. Take a look at the Audi A7, which Automobile mag just named car of the year:

Now look at the specs: V6, 310hp, 28mpg, similar size and wheelbase, sloping "hatchback" styling in the rear (sounding familiar?) - and it STARTS at $60,000. The Prestige model needed to get you XTS features like adaptive lighting, Bose surround and ambient lighting? That one's close to $70k.

Some people (perhaps you) might not be happy Cadillac didn't just build a new DTS, but that doesn't mean they won't tap into a big new market with the XTS. They only have 3 cars now (CTS, SRX, Escalade) and increasing to 5 after the XTS and ATS. Chances are they will end up with somewhere around 8 models by the end of the decade, so there's going to be product that falls in between the small car and the huge car.

I'd try the car before you write it off. After that if you're still holding out for a huge car with a floaty ride and V8, I'd say grab a Certified DTS to drive until the Omega platform FTS comes out later in the decade.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.