Your opinion? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Your opinion? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I agree, give the XTS a direct injected V8. If i lived in a warm climate I would be driving ...
    corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

Re: Your opinion?

I agree, give the XTS a direct injected V8. If i lived in a warm climate I would be driving a V, but this car does not work too well in Michigan. I went to an Escalade to get a caddy with a V8. I miss my N* 07 STS, and really miss the Seville/STS style and size car, and bring back the loud horns.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I don't see BMW & Mercedes buyers buying a FWD. Really think Cadillac will tempt many Lexus buyers?

Sun Tzu would prevail by exploiting the oppositions weaknesses. Don't waste assets by meeting them head on; play a different game. There is an untapped market.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

that's because BMW and MB don't sell a fwd car. I am not a the greatest automotive expert, but I am pretty sure it's impossible to buy a car that isn't made.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

See the 128.

Point is, who will buy the XTS? I don't see one.

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

I think the crowed that may be interested in it will be the same types who buy the Lexus Es350. That is people who want a good rock solid boring all around mid luxury car. FWD plays a role in people who want safety and drive in lots of rain etc.

The thing bugging me about the production ATS and Xts is they look to narrow and bunched up. This is a retarded look to me. I think cars like the ATS should be low slung like the BMW 3 series.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

I not sure what the new XTS is the target category they are suppose to compete with? Is it in the Mercedes line the "E" or the "S" model. It is certainly not the "CLS" model. On the BMW, it must be the new "7" or "8" series. I do not know what the car is suppose to be against.

Since it only available in "front wheel drive"; it would be hard to compete with the above since they are all available in AWD and have many more engine options and configurations including the racing models like the E63 or the S8 or Alpine!

I think it to compete only with the Lincoln top of the line myself. As it stands; it would be no match against the Europeans nor against the Hyundai Equus. The Hyundai Genesis R-Spec is quite a nice looking car inside and out and it fast to like in the 5s. I do not think the XTS has the hp nor the looks to go against even the Korean top of the line. Lexus - maybe; Infiniti -maybe, Acura - for sure - ugly, dated and no hp.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

why does it have to be like other models?

if it's the 'new standard of the world' then shouldn't the other brands start making cars like it? ... not the other way around

... if you're constantly thinking of your product in relation and comparison to your competition then you'll never lead the market
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    The XTS seems too small for my tastes. I've always liked Cadillac's because they were fast, luxurious and BIG. The XTS seems like a step away from the BIG part.
    That's what i like so much about my Fleetwood. Even the STS feels cramped by the huge center console when compared to the Fleetwood.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    why does it have to be like other models?

if it's the 'new standard of the world' then shouldn't the other brands start making cars like it? ... not the other way around
    No one is going to make a car to compete with the XTS, because it doesn't compete with the upper echelon of luxury cars. It sits below them. Value pricing and incentives will move the metal.

Cadillac is hoping that it retains an audience for large luxury cars until it comes out with something respectable. Its like how Honda rebadged the Isuzu Rodeo as a Passport 15 years ago to avoid losing customers to Jeep. It's unimaginative segment filler.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    No sense in spending money building a full size car that is doomed to fail.
    When the intent is mediocrity, the execution is even worse.

Kudos to Cadillac for even building the XTS, and DTS before it. Neither will have any competition. I keep saying it: I see more DTS every day than I see 7-series, A8, and S-class combined all week long.

If the Germans think no one wants full size front drivers, let them wallow in their own stupidity. Cadillac can keep trucking along with all the sales.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I concur.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

From what I have seen so far and I admit its not enough to flash some cash but I like it. If the front seats compare equally with my DTS and buyers are not turned away by a 6cyl. GM has a winner. I do have one design suggestion do something with the trunk mounted tail light it looks like a cts. I would not want people dropping a dime on me saying I downsized.Mike

bill57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville

I've read on these forums that the DTS had terrible resale value, sales were dismal, and GM allowed it "to die on the vine". I also read on these forums that where ever one looks, he's apt to see a DTS, and that DTS sales were good. Anyone have statistics to support either contradictory claim?
    Back to the original poster's question which called for an opinion. I'll wait to see an XTS in person, but based on dimensions and other specifications, my opinion is that the XTS seems to be more of a glorified Buick LaCrosse, and a bit smaller than I'd expect a "luxury car" to be (if it is supposed to be a luxury car). I'll have to take one for a ride and compare it to my air ride suspension smooth ride I'm accustomed to.

I like pizza. Unfortunately I don't have any evidence to support it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.