Cadillac XTS Gets Turbocharged Ecotec Four Cylinder Engine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac XTS Gets Turbocharged Ecotec Four Cylinder Engine in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Before you start screaming, it's just an option. The 3.6 liter direct injected V6 available in the upcoming 2012 CTS ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Cadillac XTS Gets Turbocharged Ecotec Four Cylinder Engine

Before you start screaming, it's just an option. The 3.6 liter direct injected V6 available in the upcoming 2012 CTS will be available as well. So along with a V6, the XTS will also have a turbocharged four cylinder engine as an option. I wonder how many people will opt for the "four"...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Re: Cadillac XTS Gets Turbocharged Ecotec Four Cylinder Engine

If i want the 4 i'll go to CAMRY or Accord instead of the Cadillac. Is it a big Joke ?

I know how you feel - but I don't think this is NECESSARILY a bad decision by GM. It's just an option. We'll have to see how many people are up for it.. If Cadillac is going to be a global player, these fuel efficient engines are needed...

It's fine to see these little engines powering Cadillacs - if there's also large ones powering them at the top. The only problem I have is the missing V8s...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

i alway love V8. the true luxury car is V8 or V12 is ok. but i do not prefer V12 much especially in S600. the heat kill the engine Coil..and it need too much maintenance.

i don't know why GM doesn't make a car which people want to buy. i love my DTS, but i hate it because it FWD. i love cadillac style.
    if they can't make a true Cadillac, why they don't sell it to another company to make it become the starndart of the world like before.

AZ-CN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Chinese SLS turbo 4 cylinder works quite well, it is 260hp/260pft, 0-60M less than 7.2s.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i don't know why GM doesn't make a car which people want to buy. i love my DTS, but i hate it because it FWD. i love cadillac style.

if they can't make a true Cadillac, why they don't sell it to another company to make it become the starndart of the world like before.
    A lot of people feel this way. I think we're going to see good things coming from Cadillac in the not-too-distant future. As far as I'm concerned, though - this is their last chance. They need to impress me with the next generation of vehicles or I just can't see myself buying their products any longer. If GM can't handle Cadillac properly, than they should sell the company to somebody who will...

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-CN View Post
    Chinese SLS turbo 4 cylinder works quite well, it is 260hp/260pft, 0-60M less than 7.2s.
    The XTS will be heavier - and slower if it uses the same engine...

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Easy to just get a few more ponies from it. Just sayin'.

I've seen those ecotec turbos make 350+ horsepower to the wheels. It can be done. GM can easily offer it with better heads and/or more boost and you'd hardly miss it over the N*. The 3.6 will make more power, and then we'll see what happens in the future V8 wise.

I'd say everyone's got their panties twisted for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-CN View Post
    Small cylinder but hight HP need Hight RPM.
    Hight RPM make vibration.
    SLS 2.0 Di look like Mercedes S280... it run very heavy and lumbering.
    i prefer the SLS V8..the best.

jrosevear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V raven

Some countries (I think China is one) give tax breaks for smaller displacement engines (and/or tax bigger ones more heavily). That's why the 4-cyl SLS sells, for instance. Presumably they'll offer it here so that they can advertise a good fuel economy number, but I don't think they'll mind if most buyers choose something with more oomph.

95sleeperachieva is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera

HELLO!? Did we forget history? The cimmeron, you know the cavalier wannbe Cadillac. It was HORRIBLE! You put in another 4 banger, even a vamped up Olds Quad 4, because that's what it is, it won't sell for *hit. And I'm really an Olds nut.

We keep letting the politics kill the economy, keep letting yuppies push their ideals that american gear is junk and only foreign is good, eventually there won't be any american cars on the road. I give them another 2-5 years before Cadillac decides to go off on her own and leave whats left of GM to wither and die. GM has been shooting themselves in the foot ever since they started killing engine plants and giving people cars they NEED rather then cars they WANT.
    A 4-cyl in a caddy is just more proof of ignorance. You want a 4-cyl?
    Buy a chevy.

Hey there. Did you find us through www.oldsmobileforums.com? In any event, I wonder if GM will ever let go of Cadillac.. If they did, I certainly hope they'd SELL it rather than just shut it down like they did with Oldsmobile and Pontiac..

Quote Originally Posted by 95sleeperachieva View Post
    HELLO!? Did we forget history? The cimmeron, you know the cavalier wannbe Cadillac. It was HORRIBLE! You put in another 4 banger, even a vamped up Olds Quad 4, because that's what it is, it won't sell for *hit. And I'm really an Olds nut.

We keep letting the politics kill the economy, keep letting yuppies push their ideals that american gear is junk and only foreign is good, eventually there won't be any american cars on the road. I give them another 2-5 years before Cadillac decides to go off on her own and leave whats left of GM to wither and die. GM has been shooting themselves in the foot ever since they started killing engine plants and giving people cars they NEED rather then cars they WANT.
    A 4-cyl in a caddy is just more proof of ignorance. You want a 4-cyl?
    Buy a chevy.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

You people crack me up. Things change. Technology changes. Buying motivations change.

There was a time not too long ago where any "real" luxury car came with a padded Landau top and wire wheels, which is laughable today. One day not too long from now, people are going to look back at the obsession with the number of cylinders in the engine (regardless of torque curve or power output) and laugh as well.

Here's a 1450hp, 950lb-ft 2.2L Ecotec engine. That's obviously not going in the XTS, but my point is that technology is way beyond the point where 8 cylinders is a prerequisite for power and torque.

http://www.gmtunersource.com/images/...g_engine_1.jpg
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Personally, I don't care if it's a 2 cylinder as long as I have the power I want.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Luxury is having and enjoying more than you need.

This is less luxurious.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Buick's stealing sales from Lexus faster than Lexus can count them, to the point where at a recent dealer meeting a Lexus principal told the factory people that Lexus was in danger of becoming "the next Buick" (as in, Buick is no longer the old Buick). Part of Buick's resurgence is thanks to the new Lacrosse. If the Lacrosse is snagging customers left and right, why wouldn't an even more upscale and stylish version of that car do well as a Cadillac?

The XTS (or FTS, whatever they call it) is not intended to be a flagship, but you know that already. It's an upscale but attainable car that will slot below an eventual flagship, and a necessary model to fill out Cadillac's lineup. It's going to take time and money, but building from the bottom up toward insane "Ultra Luxury" vehicles is the right strategy in my opinion. A wonderful Cadillac lineup 10 years from now would be

Entry Level

ATS
    ATS-V
    ATS Convertible

Mid size, Mid Lux, Sporty

CTS
    CTS Wagon
    CTS-V

Larger, Mid Lux, Soft Riding

XTS/FTS

Mid size, Mid Lux Crossover

SRX

Large Crossover, High Lux

(as of yet) Unnamed Lambda variant

Full size SUV

Escalade

Full Size, Crazy Luxury Sedan

XLS

Halo Car, Insane Performance/Luxury

XLR

The money they make and the brand equity and respect they build with the ATS, SRX, XTS and next CTS will enable the XLS and XLR to become reality.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.