Cadillac XTS Gets Turbocharged Ecotec Four Cylinder Engine - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac XTS Gets Turbocharged Ecotec Four Cylinder Engine in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I like that lineup, Tony.. And I like the XTS as well - besides the weak engine. I've been saving ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Cadillac XTS Gets Turbocharged Ecotec Four Cylinder Engine

I like that lineup, Tony.. And I like the XTS as well - besides the weak engine. I've been saving my pennies for two years hoping this car has enough on the inside for me to forget about the power. Hopefully it becomes available soon...

The LaCrosse is a nice car but in my personal opinion, its outselling the Lexus ES mainly for two reasons:

1. It costs ten thousand dollars less
    2. It's only a year old

The Lexus ES has been selling since 2006. People are tired of it. But like I said, it's a nice car and more of a head-turner, inside and out, than the Lexus ES350. I've spent a lot of time in both cars and the $10k discount on the Buick is not only because of the badge.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I know a lot of people are trying to defend the 4 cylinder option.
    But even if it has just enough hp, it will have a high rpm.
    And high rpm = lots of discomforting noise.
    And discomforting noise = no luxury but a cheap experience, and will never ever compete with European competitors.
    And also the V6 is a terrible choice, i mean turbo charged engines are not only noisy but also demand high maintenance,
    and will therefore lower the resale value greatly. A V6 just doesn't give the car a smooth ride.
    Not having a V8 option will be the last nail in Cadillac's coffin.
    For me and the other Cadillac owners i know -> No V8 = No sale.
    Next year my company will be buying 4 new V8 sedan cars.
    But if there is no Cadillac option available, we will have to look at other brands.
    Too bad, because we are driving Cadillac's since 1992.

I'm not crazy about the 4 cylinder idea either - but if Cadillac wants to be a global player, they need to make it happen abroad - and since that's the case, they'll have it as an option here. There will be no V8 option in any Cadillac other than the Escalade or CTS-V - and perhaps the ATS-V - but I think the ATS-V is going to get a twin turbo 3.0 liter V6. I could be wrong.

The XTS should have the power it needs with the twin turbo V6. I do believe the NVH can be handled well enough for a luxurious experience in the car. It won't be a V8 but it'll be close..

What other cars are you considering to replace the Cadillacs in your company? I'm very curious...

Quote Originally Posted by meniisoc View Post
    I know a lot of people are trying to defend the 4 cylinder option.
    But even if it has just enough hp, it will have a high rpm.
    And high rpm = lots of discomforting noise.
    And discomforting noise = no luxury but a cheap experience, and will never ever compete with European competitors.
    And also the V6 is a terrible choice, i mean turbo charged engines are not only noisy but also demand high maintenance,
    and will therefore lower the resale value greatly. A V6 just doesn't give the car a smooth ride.
    Not having a V8 option will be the last nail in Cadillac's coffin.
    For me and the other Cadillac owners i know -> No V8 = No sale.
    Next year my company will be buying 4 new V8 sedan cars.
    But if there is no Cadillac option available, we will have to look at other brands.
    Too bad, because we are driving Cadillac's since 1992.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

"What other cars are you considering to replace the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]Cadillacs[/COLOR][/COLOR] in your company? I'm very curious..."

Well, we have been looking towards Audi, because they build good quality and good looking cars.
    But.......
    They are also more expensive and well.......... not from Cadillac.

Call us crazy, but we have decided to go for the Cadillac Escalade.
    I know it is as far of a sedan a car can be, but we dont drop Cadillac just yet.

We still have a shimmer of hope for the 2015? Cadillac flagship.

And what better waiting room can you ask for than the Cadillac Escalade.

Sounds good to me. While I don't see an SUV being a proper flagship, I think it does a pretty good job here in America...

Quote Originally Posted by meniisoc View Post
    Well, we have been looking towards Audi, because they build good quality and good looking cars.
    But.......
    They are also more expensive and well.......... not from Cadillac.

Call us crazy, but we have decided to go for the Cadillac Escalade.
    I know it is as far of a sedan a car can be, but we dont drop Cadillac just yet.

We still have a shimmer of hope for the 2015? Cadillac flagship.

And what better waiting room can you ask for than the Cadillac Escalade.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Hopefully when I turn 60 (30 years from now) Cadillac will build a proper luxury car.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The Regal GS has a Turbo 4 that makes 275 HP. No NVH issues.

The ATS, CTS & XTS will share a Turbo 4 (this is obvious I think) and while I think it's going to be all new, the Regal GS Turbo 4 is a good engine to look at in terms of NVH, Power, Fuel Economy, etc.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.