A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Expect the XTS in FWD/AWD, V6 and hybrid models within the next year. That is all......
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS

Expect the XTS in FWD/AWD, V6 and hybrid models within the next year. That is all...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Re: A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS

May 17th, 2011 Story as seen in Automotive News.

Cadillac moves forward with next flagship sedan

http://www.autonews.com/article/2011...110519916/1503

What do the Cadillac XTS Platinum concept and the 2003 Cadillac Seville have in common?

Dimensions.

The XTS is Cadillac's upcoming large luxury sedan expected in showrooms next year. The XTS concept debuted in January 2010 at the Detroit auto show.

The consensus is that General Motors hit a home run with the concept's styling. The styling of the production sedan is pretty close to that of the concept, I've heard.

The 2013 XTS is being developed on GM's Epsilon front-wheel-drive platform. The concept features a 3.6-liter V-6 combined with a plug-in hybrid system, a powertrain expected to be used in the production car.

To make room in the Cadillac lineup, the DTS and STS will be dropped. The DTS, and before that the DeVille, catered to older buyers. The STS, cursed with exterior styling that was too similar to the lower-priced CTS, never reached its sales potential. Cadillac believes the XTS will be a true luxury alternative to Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz sedans. All-wheel drive will be available, possibly standard.

Photos of the XTS concept have appeared in buff books and all over the Internet. But unless the car has been seen in person, close up, the concept's size is difficult to gauge from the photos. So here's some help:

•XTS wheelbase: 112.2 inches, 0.5 inches longer than the Seville's.
    •XTS length: 201.0 inches, 2.5 inches shorter.
    •XTS width: 75.0 inches, 0.2 inches wider.
    Although these are not final dimensions, they are close to those of the production car.

The bottom line: Next time you see the last generation fwd Seville rolling down the freeway, you will have a pretty good idea of the size of Cadillac's upcoming flagship sedan.

Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

Looks like a LaCrosse with a different grill. As long as they don't put those goofy "cruiseliner ventiports" on the top of the hood! My buddy has a LaCrosse and I just don't have the heart to tell him how senseless and stupid they look. I'm glad Caddy removed them from the sides of the front fenders.

I actually kinda like those ventiports.. They're in a cool and unique location - in my opinion. I'm tired of seeing them on the sides.. To each his own!
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Buick Lacross

Looks different

This is the Buick LaCrosse...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

side shot ... just for reference... i see quite a bit of difference...
    the similarity is in the overall design queues that GM is incorporating/evolving as each new model comes out

edit: okay okay... they do look a lot similar... but that's just a concept up top... lets see what hits the showroom floors
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I actually kinda like those ventiports.. They're in a cool and unique location - in my opinion. I'm tired of seeing them on the sides.. To each his own!
    You are so right about to each his own... that's why I didn't say anything to my buddy. Those cruiseliner ventiports were originally suppose to mimic exhaust pipe exits, 1 for each cylinder (at least they stayed true to that). My '69 Camaro SS had the 8 (2 rows of 4) mock intake squares on the hood, but they mimicked air intakes. I was good with that. That's why I have a problem with them on the hood. Sort of like wearing your underpants on you head, IMHO... you can try it to be different, but that doesn't make it right. You might end up in the looney bin... or... you might start a fad! Who'd thought that people would start wearing their pants so low that their underware would show??? Or so low that they can bearly walk down the street!!!

Maybe I'm just too old fashioned

ejguillot is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

The exterior size of a Seville? That doesn't bode well for having a spacious interior (my Seville is kind of tight in the back).

I actually see pants BELOW the butt cheeks from time to time. I just don't get that. How can that even be comfortable?!

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrocuted View Post
    You are so right about to each his own... that's why I didn't say anything to my buddy. Those cruiseliner ventiports were originally suppose to mimic exhaust pipe exits, 1 for each cylinder (at least they stayed true to that). My '69 Camaro SS had the 8 (2 rows of 4) mock intake squares on the hood, but they mimicked air intakes. I was good with that. That's why I have a problem with them on the hood. Sort of like wearing your underpants on you head, IMHO... you can try it to be different, but that doesn't make it right. You might end up in the looney bin... or... you might start a fad! Who'd thought that people would start wearing their pants so low that their underware would show??? Or so low that they can bearly walk down the street!!!

Maybe I'm just too old fashioned
    I'm not crazy about the "size" either.. The XTS needs to be big inside. I know, it doesn't NEED to be big to SELL to everyone - but for the intended audience - I think it needs to be big.

Quote Originally Posted by ejguillot View Post
    The exterior size of a Seville? That doesn't bode well for having a spacious interior (my Seville is kind of tight in the back).

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

They need an XTS-L, and of course, 2 more cylinders...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    They need an XTS-L, and of course, 2 more cylinders...
    ...And, they shouldn't wait 1 or 2 years after the initial intro to do it! Here we go. Put "the paddles" on the N* to revive it, fix its issues of course, give it a couple of gulps from the "fountain of youth", reduce the size to the old Olds 4.0, add direct injection with hi compression and supercharger, or even twin turbo it.

While they're at it, how about a Torsen AWD system at all 3 diff points and just the 'XTS-L' designation on it and a few really cool design cues like real chrome dual exhaust exits, no big chrome lettering saying "SUPERCHARGED" or "BI-TURBO" or"TORSEN AWD" or any of that crap. Be powerful and elegant, like a Cadillac should be. BE THE LEADER. Not following behind Buick. ...SLAP, SLAP, SLAP. Wake up, ya ole fool!!!

It's too bad the new "Ultra" Northstar was canned. That would have solved all our engines programs. Unless I'm mistaken, the motor was finished. They just don't want V8s anymore...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Well if the design was finished that means they 'could' build it if they ever decide to to a v8 again, right?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Definitely...

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Well if the design was finished that means they 'could' build it if they ever decide to to a v8 again, right?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.