Cadillac Owners Forum banner

A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS

16K views 85 replies 28 participants last post by  The Raven 
#1 ·
Expect the XTS in FWD/AWD, V6 and hybrid models within the next year. That is all...

#44 ·
Good point and dead on! I believe, IMHO they are trying to neuter Cadillac, make it uninteresting, then send it the way of the Olds & Pontiac, and... because the Chinese love Buicks. Buick will be (which it is rapidly becoming) the GM darling. Buick will be shoved down our throats as the luxo offering from GM if we want them or not. Correct, I don't like Buicks. I love Cadillacs, not Cadillac wannabes.

Soon, when the Sigma II platform falls from grace it will be the end of the CTS as we know and love it now. The CTS will probably go onto the same Delta II, FWD platform as the Chevy Cruze, only stretched and enlarged a little, with all kinds of bells and whistles and the 2.8 turbo, that Cadillac just dumped out of the SRX. The CTS-V will become what the Chevy SS series is now, not much more than a badge.

Remember, this is my opinion so please don't tie me to the stake. I'm just looking at GM's weird moves and making predictions.

#48 ·
If what has been happening to Cadillac is a harbinger, the future will be dull indeed. Common chassis across brands, or in salesman speak... "GM's global platforms" means more bling for Caddies, less bling for Buicks, no bling for Chevys.

They will all drive the same and that will be that. I am so sorry for being so negative but when they dumped the DTS, and the STS, and the N*, with one fell swoop and started talking about the powerless XTS, well, I ain't inta dat!

I think GM's target audience is different from what it was. I believe that they believe that they can't compete with the high end luxo sedans and are going to target buyers of the Kia Optima and the Hyundai Genesis.

I guess I will have to turn to the Germans for a quality vehicle for my needs.

Sorry again for gettin' up on the box.

#49 ·
There are people around here who hate me for my feelings on all of this. I know where you're coming from. I'm very impressed by the vehicles coming out of Hyundai and Kia lately. The upcoming Azera is going to be really nice - as is the current Genesis and Equus. Cadillac having to compete with vehicles like this is no joke. And you're right - Cadillac isn't competing with the big three in Germany right now. They haven't in a long, long time. The DTS was never truly competitive with a 750i, S550 or A8...

The XTS is covering some bases by being, basically, the Ultimate Lexus ES - or Lincoln MKS (more closely). This fills in an important part of the lineup for people up north. Not everybody wants a full-size rear wheel drive luxury sedan. So this is for all the DeVille/DTS buyers. And I'm pretty sure it's going to have a pretty good handling balance considering it's a full-size front wheel drive vehicle. So, to some extent, it'll be there for STS buyers (some what).

The flagship people are starting to talk about is a very good possibility. If all goes well with ATS and XTS sales, I expect this flagship to be on par with vehicles from Germany and Japan...

So don't give up yet. Let's give Cadillac one more generation of vehicles to show us they mean business. Post-bankruptcy General Motors is doing a very good job...

#53 ·
*Sigh* What's wrong with a monster V8 with some power, GM, like the Northstar? No matter what I've heard from others about the reliability issues, etc., That motor is still one of the best IMO. I got one, take care of it, and she runs! Oh well. Looks like it's coming along good. Hopefully it's got room and some scoot. Looks pretty good too.

#54 ·
To use " The Standard of the World" tagline again I hope GM has their wallets wide open and continues to creates the cars that should be just that. I think American performance/lux buyers as well as world wide buyers have been rooting for Cadillac to truly be in the #1 spot again. When I look at the spy shot of the upcoming XTS , the CTS coupe and even the CTS wagon, the quaility of my 2005 STS with 155,000 bullet proof miles and the jaw dropping stares we get from other motorists at my brand new 2011 Blue Frost Escalade, you bet Cadillac is the Standard of the World !!! :)

#55 ·
Just some random thoughts... The XTS is EASILY going to retain DTS owners. Maybe not so much the first year because of the weak engine - but the following year with a far more powerful engine than the Northstar, yes. Definitely.

The XTS is also going to EASILY bring back Seville STS owners. Note "Seville". What I'm referring to here is everyone who likes the previous generation "Seville" STS will like the XTS. And considering how many people prefer the previous generation over the current generation, I think the XTS is going to do really well...

#58 · (Edited)
i still not understand why we must give Cadillac more generation.
look at Huynhdai. With 34.000 u can get a full size RWD car. Why GM can't make a Rear Drive full size Cadillac in more than 15 years. Huynhdai is a small company when we compare with GM. What did they do ? why we must fogive them if they didn't show they improve them image. More than 15 years.. still the same car..Front Drive, they said Epsilon platform but what is the diffirent between it and K body, stronger ?? my DHS more than 10 years without rust?? so just a advertising....and event more worst with small engine and OVER PRICE also. I bet the XTS will much more expensive than the Genesis in the starting price.

so please tell me the truth : if the HUYNHDAI genesis they remove the HUYNHDAI badge and put the Lexus bagde in..or Cadillac badge in..90% of people will respect them more.

the quession is we pay the money for rescure the sunk company ?

Cadillac has been moving down market while Buick has been moving up market.
that mean..Cadillac will be a TOYOTA, move down from luxury to normal car ?
that is the most silly idea

The XTS can't sell well because it is not suitable with its Price.
with that price..more and more option: Chrylser 300C..Lexus..M.benz E..

#60 ·
Seeing as how the US Big3 just caved and announced they are willing to bow to govt. pressure and up the MPG to AVERAGE 54mpg by 2025, the chance of seeing these big, powerful V8s are dimming fast. Sorry, but I prefer the muscle+luxury, not one or the other. Unless GM plans to give me both, I will be keeping my V for a long while, or going over to the dark side (Audi, MB, BMW). Jaguar has a few nice 400+ HP cars as well.
Bob

#74 ·
How about a 1.5L 32 valve V-8 instead? It was done in the early 60's, but not for production cars.

or how about a Turbo 1.6L V6 or 3.0L V12?

The tech is there to build high HP small displacement engines, the production car reliability is not there yet.

How cool would it be to DD a 3.0L V12 spinning at 19K rpm! It would sound so sweet.

#78 ·
I have avoided 4 cylinders (even V-6s for that matter) as long as I could. My thought is less stress is better for longevity. I typically use a comparison of a 4 legged creatures vs a two legged creatures. 4 legged creatures run faster and longer than 2 legged creatures (of the ones that I am recalling). I understand flesh and metal is different. But, having more horses to carry a load makes things lighter on all concerned. Just my perspective.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.