A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac ...This isn't a completely unreasonable thought but let's see what the flagship brings us in ...
    Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

Re: A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    ...This isn't a completely unreasonable thought but let's see what the flagship brings us in a few years. There's a lot of change coming to cadillac this decade so hopefully things improve. I think they will.
    I really hope you are right. I am angry with what I see at GM/Cadillac and this is the only place I can vent. I know my STS4 N* isn't the most powerful out there, but it's no pansy either. It's what I believe Cadillac is about historically.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I really believe good things are coming.. GM is out of bankruptcy and they're making money on their new vehicles. It's only a matter of time before we start seeing what the new GM is capable of with Cadillac...

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrocuted View Post
    I really hope you are right. I am angry with what I see at GM/Cadillac and this is the only place I can vent. I know my STS4 N* isn't the most powerful out there, but it's no pansy either. It's what I believe Cadillac is about historically.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

If what has been happening to Cadillac is a harbinger, the future will be dull indeed. Common chassis across brands, or in salesman speak... "GM's global platforms" means more bling for Caddies, less bling for Buicks, no bling for Chevys.

They will all drive the same and that will be that. I am so sorry for being so negative but when they dumped the DTS, and the STS, and the N*, with one fell swoop and started talking about the powerless XTS, well, I ain't inta dat!

I think GM's target audience is different from what it was. I believe that they believe that they can't compete with the high end luxo sedans and are going to target buyers of the Kia Optima and the Hyundai Genesis.

I guess I will have to turn to the Germans for a quality vehicle for my needs.

Sorry again for gettin' up on the box.

There are people around here who hate me for my feelings on all of this. I know where you're coming from. I'm very impressed by the vehicles coming out of Hyundai and Kia lately. The upcoming Azera is going to be really nice - as is the current Genesis and Equus. Cadillac having to compete with vehicles like this is no joke. And you're right - Cadillac isn't competing with the big three in Germany right now. They haven't in a long, long time. The DTS was never truly competitive with a 750i, S550 or A8...

The XTS is covering some bases by being, basically, the Ultimate Lexus ES - or Lincoln MKS (more closely). This fills in an important part of the lineup for people up north. Not everybody wants a full-size rear wheel drive luxury sedan. So this is for all the DeVille/DTS buyers. And I'm pretty sure it's going to have a pretty good handling balance considering it's a full-size front wheel drive vehicle. So, to some extent, it'll be there for STS buyers (some what).

The flagship people are starting to talk about is a very good possibility. If all goes well with ATS and XTS sales, I expect this flagship to be on par with vehicles from Germany and Japan...

So don't give up yet. Let's give Cadillac one more generation of vehicles to show us they mean business. Post-bankruptcy General Motors is doing a very good job...

If what has been happening to Cadillac is a harbinger, the future will be dull indeed. Common chassis across brands, or in salesman speak... "GM's global platforms" means more bling for Caddies, less bling for Buicks, no bling for Chevys.

They will all drive the same and that will be that. I am so sorry for being so negative but when they dumped the DTS, and the STS, and the N*, with one fell swoop and started talking about the powerless XTS, well, I ain't inta dat!

I think GM's target audience is different from what it was. I believe that they believe that they can't compete with the high end luxo sedans and are going to target buyers of the Kia Optima and the Hyundai Genesis.

I guess I will have to turn to the Germans for a quality vehicle for my needs.

Sorry again for gettin' up on the box.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    ...So don't give up yet. Let's give Cadillac one more generation of vehicles to show us they mean business. Post-bankruptcy General Motors is doing a very good job...
    I won't give up on Cadillac yet. When you get the time you need to go to Kia to inspect (pay close attention to the doors and the door frame construction, gave me the willies) and test drive the Optima (hang on to the steering wheel, it might jump right out of your hands). I walked away thinking "Is that what they want to serve me for $35k???"

I guess I am not the average driver nor do I have average tastes. Or maybe it's been to long since I've driven a FWD car (I've had 2, an '86 Delta and a '92 Cadillac Seville STS). On the plus side, exterior fit & finish is excellent, the interior is another story. It looks like all the buttons were an after-thought and it's like they think the more the merrier. But it's got everything "including nav!!!" the salesman said over and over.

I'm sure the Optima hits it target dead on, it and the others like it are not my cup of tea. I'm will live out my life hunting down old '05 - '10 STS's to fulfill my automotive desires. My wife loves her E class. I could live with it if I had to, but I just love my Caddies!

...And like you said, "...Not everybody wants a full-size rear wheel drive luxury sedan." All of your points are well taken and I agree with all of your statements except about Cadillacs future. I hope I'm wrong. I don't want to be in my 70's driving 15-20 yr. old cars!

The future can go either way.. Cadillac has been moving down market while Buick has been moving up market. There's still a lot of confusion going on at General Motors. Hopefully they get everything worked out for the better...

...And like you said, "...Not everybody wants a full-size rear wheel drive luxury sedan." All of your points are well taken and I agree with all of your statements except about Cadillacs future. I hope I'm wrong. I don't want to be in my 70's driving 15-20 yr. old cars!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

*Sigh* What's wrong with a monster V8 with some power, GM, like the Northstar? No matter what I've heard from others about the reliability issues, etc., That motor is still one of the best IMO. I got one, take care of it, and she runs! Oh well. Looks like it's coming along good. Hopefully it's got room and some scoot. Looks pretty good too.
    brandondeleo and brandondeleo like this.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thumbs up Re: A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS

To use " The Standard of the World" tagline again I hope GM has their wallets wide open and continues to creates the cars that should be just that. I think American performance/lux buyers as well as world wide buyers have been rooting for Cadillac to truly be in the #1 spot again. When I look at the spy shot of the upcoming XTS , the CTS coupe and even the CTS wagon, the quaility of my 2005 STS with 155,000 bullet proof miles and the jaw dropping stares we get from other motorists at my brand new 2011 Blue Frost Escalade, you bet Cadillac is the Standard of the World !!!

Just some random thoughts... The XTS is EASILY going to retain DTS owners. Maybe not so much the first year because of the weak engine - but the following year with a far more powerful engine than the Northstar, yes. Definitely.

The XTS is also going to EASILY bring back Seville STS owners. Note "Seville". What I'm referring to here is everyone who likes the previous generation "Seville" STS will like the XTS. And considering how many people prefer the previous generation over the current generation, I think the XTS is going to do really well...

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i think the best XTS is the XTS with V8 Northstar LH2 and longitudinal......
    GM do not need to cancel that engine when they fix it perfect...

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    *Sigh* What's wrong with a monster V8 with some power, GM, like the Northstar? No matter what I've heard from others about the reliability issues, etc., That motor is still one of the best IMO. I got one, take care of it, and she runs! Oh well. Looks like it's coming along good. Hopefully it's got room and some scoot. Looks pretty good too.
    4.6L and 300hp are not "monster" numbers by any stretch of the word.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i still not understand why we must give Cadillac more generation.
    look at Huynhdai. With 34.000 u can get a full size RWD car. Why GM can't make a Rear Drive full size Cadillac in more than 15 years. Huynhdai is a small company when we compare with GM. What did they do ? why we must fogive them if they didn't show they improve them image. More than 15 years.. still the same car..Front Drive, they said Epsilon platform but what is the diffirent between it and K body, stronger ?? my DHS more than 10 years without rust?? so just a advertising....and event more worst with small engine and OVER PRICE also. I bet the XTS will much more expensive than the Genesis in the starting price.

so please tell me the truth : if the HUYNHDAI genesis they remove the HUYNHDAI badge and put the Lexus bagde in..or Cadillac badge in..90% of people will respect them more.

the quession is we pay the money for rescure the sunk company ?

Cadillac has been moving down market while Buick has been moving up market.
    that mean..Cadillac will be a TOYOTA, move down from luxury to normal car ?
    that is the most silly idea

The XTS can't sell well because it is not suitable with its Price.
    with that price..more and more option: Chrylser 300C..Lexus..M.benz E..

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the XTS hasn't been officially released yet so lets just all cool our jets

and the V6 they are saying it will debut with will be just as good (but with better MPG) than the N* ... for 99% of buyers

and MPG is a big deal these days...

let's just wait and see before passing judgement, ok?
    HartfordGuy and HartfordGuy like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Seeing as how the US Big3 just caved and announced they are willing to bow to govt. pressure and up the MPG to AVERAGE 54mpg by 2025, the chance of seeing these big, powerful V8s are dimming fast. Sorry, but I prefer the muscle+luxury, not one or the other. Unless GM plans to give me both, I will be keeping my V for a long while, or going over to the dark side (Audi, MB, BMW). Jaguar has a few nice 400+ HP cars as well.
    Bob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.