A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm just afraid it's going to be too small, but that might rectify itself once seen. The exterior and interior ...
    hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Re: A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS

I'm just afraid it's going to be too small, but that might rectify itself once seen. The exterior and interior design, from what I've seen, I like.

As to the V6 -- I'll never buy a CTS, because it doesn't have a V8, and I really don't care about a V-Series -- so that would extend even more to the larger XTS.

As it stands, from a "car" perspective, I'll probably be joining Sal in LSland or in either Genesisgrove or Equusestates, or else 7ville when I'm ready to get rid of the DTS...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i'd like to find a nice clean DTS platinum edition in a few years when i'm ready to step up...

... but i guess that's irrelevant since this discussion is revolving around new car purchases
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

I'll wait to judge this car when it hits the dealerships. In the meantime if I was in the market for a new luxury car I'd be looking hard at the new A6.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

If there's no big body in the future of Cadillac, I'll be looking at an A8 as my next big car purchase.

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

If the XTS is supposed to be Cadillac's flagship sedan, a car that important people would want to be seen in, the pinnacle of American luxury, it should not be STS-sized. Flagship is equivalent to the biggest and best. The XTS looks nice and all (that interior could TOTALLY go into a DTS!! ) but it does not live up to the Cadillac flagship standard, in my opinion. The size of it will be its downfall. People will go with A8s, 7 series, and S classes. A V8 would be desirable, but a V6 with enough power to move it with the same amount of gusto would be fine. Just my 2 cents, here.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The XTS is not Cadillac's flagship... Right now, the flagship is either the Escalade ESV Platinum or CTS-V - depending on what you interpret a flagship to be. In my opinion, neither should be a flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    If the XTS is supposed to be Cadillac's flagship sedan, a car that important people would want to be seen in, the pinnacle of American luxury, it should not be STS-sized. Flagship is equivalent to the biggest and best. The XTS looks nice and all (that interior could TOTALLY go into a DTS!! ) but it does not live up to the Cadillac flagship standard, in my opinion. The size of it will be its downfall. People will go with A8s, 7 series, and S classes. A V8 would be desirable, but a V6 with enough power to move it with the same amount of gusto would be fine. Just my 2 cents, here.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Srchief is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR

What I do not understand is if they want to get rid of the V8 why not a Northstar V6?

I don't know - but I do know the twin turbo V6 will be more powerful than the 4.6 liter V8 Northstar on every level...

Quote Originally Posted by Srchief View Post
    What I do not understand is if they want to get rid of the V8 why not a Northstar V6?
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Also, aren't the current v6 engines much better in all areas than the "shortstar" v6? Especially the DI versions?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I believe so. The only place (power-wise) even the V8 Northstar excels is with torque.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Also, aren't the current v6 engines much better in all areas than the "shortstar" v6? Especially the DI versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I believe so. The only place (power-wise) even the V8 Northstar excels is with torque.
    The V6 will produce a whole hell of a lot more power than the 4.6L Northstar, and it will probably get better fuel economy, as well. The shortstars are inferior to the new V6's, as well. Being a bit of a purist, it would be nice to have an old school V8 in a big body Cadillac, but a twin turbo V6 would do the job nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    The XTS is not Cadillac's flagship... Right now, the flagship is either the Escalade ESV Platinum or CTS-V - depending on what you interpret a flagship to be. In my opinion, neither should be a flagship.
    That is also true... The Escalade Hybrid Platinum is one hell of a machine, with one hell of a price tag. Same goes for the CTS-V.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

so i'm still confuse which market the XTS want to serve........ it can not be a Premium Lux car because the lack of V8..
    it is FWD also...
    Toyota Avalon ??? or Lexus ES350 ?

Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

Good point and dead on! I believe, IMHO they are trying to neuter Cadillac, make it uninteresting, then send it the way of the Olds & Pontiac, and... because the Chinese love Buicks. Buick will be (which it is rapidly becoming) the GM darling. Buick will be shoved down our throats as the luxo offering from GM if we want them or not. Correct, I don't like Buicks. I love Cadillacs, not Cadillac wannabes.

Soon, when the Sigma II platform falls from grace it will be the end of the CTS as we know and love it now. The CTS will probably go onto the same Delta II, FWD platform as the Chevy Cruze, only stretched and enlarged a little, with all kinds of bells and whistles and the 2.8 turbo, that Cadillac just dumped out of the SRX. The CTS-V will become what the Chevy SS series is now, not much more than a badge.

Remember, this is my opinion so please don't tie me to the stake. I'm just looking at GM's weird moves and making predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    so i'm still confuse which market the XTS want to serve........ it can not be a Premium Lux car because the lack of V8..
    it is FWD also...
    Toyota Avalon ??? or Lexus ES350 ?
    Buick takes on the Toyota Avalon with the LaCrosse - and to an extent, the Lexus ES350 as well - but the ES is about to move into it's next generation. The XTS's closest competitors will be the Lincoln MKS and Acura RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrocuted View Post
    Good point and dead on! I believe, IMHO they are trying to neuter Cadillac, make it uninteresting, then send it the way of the Olds & Pontiac, and... because the Chinese love Buicks. Buick will be (which it is rapidly becoming) the GM darling. Buick will be shoved down our throats as the luxo offering from GM if we want them or not. Correct, I don't like Buicks. I love Cadillacs, not Cadillac wannabes.
    This isn't a completely unreasonable thought but let's see what the flagship brings us in a few years. There's a lot of change coming to cadillac this decade so hopefully things improve. I think they will.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.