A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; :fingerscrossed:...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: A small amount of "latest news" regarding the Cadillac XTS

:fingerscrossed:
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Are they going to be able to get adequate rear legroom with that wheelbase number?
    CTS is 113.9"
    STS was 116".

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    It's too bad the new "Ultra" Northstar was canned. That would have solved all our engines programs. Unless I'm mistaken, the motor was finished. They just don't want V8s anymore...
    I'm sorry... what? Are we forgetting the $890 million investment last year for the development of new, aluminum V8s?

Or are those not good enough because they didn't say "Built Exclusively for Cadillac by General Motors" in the article?

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    I'm sorry... what? Are we forgetting the $890 million investment last year for the development of new, aluminum V8s?

Or are those not good enough because they didn't say "Built Exclusively for Cadillac by General Motors" in the article?
    As it stands, those engines aren't intended for Cadillac vehicles other than the Escalade or V-Series. The Ultra Northstar was supposed to go into everything.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

But they're still there. Stranger things have happened. Northstars in Buicks and Pontiacs, anyone?

Everyone gets their panties in bunches too easily here.

But they're still there. Stranger things have happened. Northstars in Buicks and Pontiacs, anyone?

Everyone gets their panties in bunches too easily here.
    Some people consider wanting V8s in Cadillacs nothing more than wanting V8s in Cadillacs. Other people consider wanting V8s in Cadillacs getting their panties in a bunch. To each his/her own.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

No no no, now you're twisting my words. You said it was as if Cadillac doesn't want V8s anymore. Nobody's said that, you're making your own inference, which is cool because in the grand scheme of things we're both peons and don't know what's going on.

I'm saying the V8s exist, and the logical thing to do would wait and see.

No no no, now you're twisting my words. You said it was as if Cadillac doesn't want V8s anymore. Nobody's said that, you're making your own inference, which is cool because in the grand scheme of things we're both peons and don't know what's going on.

I'm saying the V8s exist, and the logical thing to do would wait and see.
    It certainly does seem like Cadillac doesn't want V8s anymore. But you're right. What do I know? Still:

V8 DTS being replaced by V6 XTS
    V8 STS just going away
    V8 SRX replaced by V6 SRX
    Still no V8 in the CTS besides the V which hardly anyone buys.

Cadillac is testing the waters with an all V6 regular car lineup ala Acura. I don't see this working so well for Acura. Lowering the price of admission will gain more customers for the time being and maybe that'll work for Cadillac. Only time will tell.

I don't think Buick is going to be too happy about it, however.
    hueterm and hueterm like this.

Skiller. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Finally! Cadillac realized that the Seville was their best looking car so they made something similar. Saving my money now. Great looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    It certainly does seem like Cadillac doesn't want V8s anymore. But you're right. What do I know? Still:

V8 DTS being replaced by V6 XTS - V6 as far as we know. It doesn't exist yet.
    V8 STS just going away - XTS. We've been over that, yes it's not perfect but it's a stop gap.
    V8 SRX replaced by V6 SRX Seems to be doing just fine. Know any crossover owners who care about having 8 cylinders? Me neither,
    Still no V8 in the CTS besides the V which hardly anyone buys. CTS is supposed to be the mass market car. It would cost more with the V8, and people would complain.

Cadillac is testing the waters with an all V6 regular car lineup ala Acura. I don't see this working so well for Acura. Lowering the price of admission will gain more customers for the time being and maybe that'll work for Cadillac. Only time will tell.

I don't think Buick is going to be too happy about it, however.
    See my points in bold.

Besides, the only V8's GM has as of now are the LSx motors, and as you've said yourself, if those were used they'd be a bad choice because of the all-mighty NVH. So it's pretty much wait and see.

See my points in bold.

Besides, the only V8's GM has as of now are the LSx motors, and as you've said yourself, if those were used they'd be a bad choice because of the all-mighty NVH. So it's pretty much wait and see.
    The XTS will not have a V8.

The XTS is not a replacement for the STS. It was supposed to be. It didn't turn out that way.

There are plenty of crossover owners who appreciate a V8. You really don't think so? That's fine with me. Mercedes has them, BMW has them, Infiniti, Jaguar is working on one. Options are nice to have.

Why would CTS owners complain about the V8 if they could buy one with a V6?

I'd prefer a proper engine for NVH but as I've mentioned before, I'd rather have a V8 with decent NVH than none at all.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I think the nw 3.6L LFX motor with the improved block strength, lighter weight connecting rods and quieter DI should have improved NVH.
    My 3.0L CTS motor is actually pretty quiet and willing to rev compared to the current 3.6L.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Well the exterior definitely says "Blah". The interior definitely brings back what I expect from a Cadillac. I wish they could've put that interior into a DTS. I'd trade my 2011 DTS for that instead. But if they insist on making Cadillacs this small my next purchase has a high probability of being an A8 or 750. I loved the Cadillac name brand because, to me, it represented luxury WITH large size WITH the power to move that size.

I agree. I'm not crazy about the exterior. I can say it's going to light up very nicely at night.. It'll definitely have road presence then.. And I THINK they're making some minor changes to the exterior - so we may be in for a nice surprise.. As for the interior, I hope it stays close to what it is in the concept. It really is very impressive.. It kinda makes up for the bland exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    Well the exterior definitely says "Blah". The interior definitely brings back what I expect from a Cadillac. I wish they could've put that interior into a DTS. I'd trade my 2011 DTS for that instead. But if they insist on making Cadillacs this small my next purchase has a high probability of being an A8 or 750. I loved the Cadillac name brand because, to me, it represented luxury WITH large size WITH the power to move that size.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller. View Post
    Finally! Cadillac realized that the Seville was their best looking car so they made something similar. Saving my money now. Great looking car.
    The Seville was long and low with subtle chrome. This is tall and garish [to me].

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.