New Cadillac XTS Interior Pictures
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By concorso
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, New Cadillac XTS Interior Pictures in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; No big deal but it's something......
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

New Cadillac XTS Interior Pictures

Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: New Cadillac XTS Interior Pictures

I like it.

r83
    r83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07' STS

Can't wait my 07 STS is tired.....

It's not going to be everyone's dream "flagship" but it's going to be a technological powerhouse. That's for sure...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

That center stack looks like it might feature the same kind of "glide" controls found on the new Lincolns (no actual "button", just a touch or swipe). Honestly, I hope I'm wrong- those things are annoying.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Yeesh.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    That center stack looks like it might feature the same kind of "glide" controls found on the new Lincolns (no actual "button", just a touch or swipe). Honestly, I hope I'm wrong- those things are annoying.
    Its interesting that buttons are still good enough for F18's and Boeing 747's, but a plebeian car drivin' by an untrained inattentive driver needs a screen you have to look at to operate?

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1976 El Camino Classic | 92 Caprice Wagon (On hold for now)

^ My thoughts exactly. I hate the screens in car's interiors. They look like shit. Every time.

I hope Cadillac is listening because it seems nobody wants these new controls...

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

It's a "whiz bang wow" feature that will make it appear high tech and impress shoppers. Chances are this is the new "thing", just like all digital dashes or the horrid touchscreen controls in the Reatta. These type of gentle swipe controls (similar to an iPhone or Android) just don't work for most people. I STILL see people poking nav screens really hard all the time- they just don't comprehend that it's not pressure sensitive.

The magazines will bitch about operating it, people will get frustrated when they have a hard time making precise adjustments to the HVAC or radio, and they'll disappear after a few years like every fad.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1976 El Camino Classic | 92 Caprice Wagon (On hold for now)

Yeah I have a friend who's dad just bought him an '11 Audi A5 and I rode with him the first day he had it, and he poked the shit out of the nav screen. It took literally five minutes of explanation to get it through to him that that just isn't how it works.

I'll be surprised if it still works at all by the time his warranty expires. He's not that bright....

PeteK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 1972 Eldorado Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Its interesting that buttons are still good enough for F18's and Boeing 747's, but a plebeian car drivin' by an untrained inattentive driver needs a screen you have to look at to operate?
    Not to disprove your point about our cars, but the F-35 instrument panel is basically one large touch-screen.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Serious!? I didnt know that. Ill have to stop using that example, then! That being said, we're still talking about trained fighter pilots vs soccer parents with many many distractions and little to know training in how to deal with distractions while driving....little to know training in how to drive. I dont have alot of faith in drivers' using this technology next to me at 75 mph. Cell phone use is banned while driving, here. I love that. If the touchscreen locks itself while driving, and you have to use voice controls, Id be satisfied.
    Stingroo and Stingroo like this.

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Regular buttons and knobs for the radio controls always. Not the speedo, tach and what not though. One large monitor in the dash, have an ipod, chrome, android design a dash app. Just have a half a dozen presets, then the ability to completely customize it... with what ever lawyer rules need to be in place for safety. Also some touch controls on the steering wheel that you can change to whatever you want would in fact be factastical.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.