The current management at Cadillac does not like the XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, The current management at Cadillac does not like the XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; There's a good chance that the Cadillac XTS will be very short lived. Just some food for thought......
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The current management at Cadillac does not like the XTS

There's a good chance that the Cadillac XTS will be very short lived. Just some food for thought...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: The current management at Cadillac does not like the XTS

what prompted this?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

I guess that can be said for any new model, but since this one hasn't even been released and is well into developement, and funds have been allocated for production, it seems too late to abort without losing unacceptable amounts of cash. Until release, no one can be sure of what might be the demand and Cadillac certainly won't discontinue a 'hit' (if perhaps that happens) so, what was the reasoning behind this declaration.

I don't know all the details.. But this is happening at Cadillac right now...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

well keep us posted!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Source?

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Is this really a surprise? The XTS is really just a replacement for the DTS, which is a model left around to appease the older disappearing generation. If Cadillac would simply make a large rwd sedan that had smooth riding suspension and lots of technology, there wouldnt be a need for the DTS. They could attract the new generation of premium sedan buyers with rwd hi hp v8s and loads of technology, while still offering a smooth old fashion Cadillac luxo-barge.

The XTS is what the DTS should be right now. By the time it hits the market, the Lexus ES350 entry-level luxury car will have the same technology... I wish GM would move a little faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I wish GM would move a little faster.
    don't we all...

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

What is the word on a V8 in the XTS?

The Cadillac XTS will be available with FWD and AWD along with the same 3.6 DI engine as the CTS. A hybrid is still being developed and a diesel is under consideration. There are no V8 engines planned.

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

I want them to do what it takes to sell, but it's quite dissapointing there will be no V8 for the minority of us that like traditional engines.

jrosevear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V raven

The XTS is a car that the dealers think they need, not a car that GM management sees as consistent with where they want the brand to go. They're carrying on with it because the DTS should have been retired several years ago, because there's still a (shrinking) market for that sort of car, and because Cadillac's identity requires a big car of some kind and this is the big car they've got.

GM is moving as fast as they can, but they've got several years worth of catching up to do. They know it. They haven't had much money to spend on product development in recent years, and in terms of product coming to market the lean times are likely to last for another year or two.

Things are changing -- have changed -- but we're not going to really see it for a while yet.

Long story short, I think the XTS will have a 5 or 6 year life, but I don't think it'll have a direct successor.

The real big Cadillac that GM management wants is still a few years away, as we all know. Lev, hold out for that one.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

The fact that this car is not likely to live past a single generation is just another reason why it should be called DTS. Why retire the DeVille/DTS name just to retire XTS as well a few years later. It's really insane...

yup... i'm in total agreement with you here

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.