Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Twin Turbo 3.0 Likely Coming To Cadillac XTS

19K views 73 replies 20 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
The 3.0 liter twin turbo LF3 engine will likely be making it into the Cadillac XTS for the first model year. This engine should produce around 350 horsepower.

#27 ·
I think Cadillac should have a V series in all of it's lineup. The branding of the "V" is great and people know that it stands for better performance, at least Caddy owners do. I really do like the Platinum series on the DTS, it makes a big difference on the inside. Cadillac could make an even higher trim level to satisfy the most neediest luxury buyers, but that probably wont happen.

Because the DTS is gone, the XTS should offer both trims IMO, one for the performance minded person, the other strictly for comfort.

#28 ·
Can't they twin turbo the 3.6?

#33 ·
A lot of people are talking about "the twin turbo 3.6" because that's the engine used in the Cadillac Ciel.

ConfigurationV6
LocationFront, longitudinally mounted
Displacement3.6 liter / 219.7 cu in
Valvetrain4 valves / cylinder, DOHC, CVVT
Fuel feedDirect Fuel Injection
AspirationTwin Turbo
Power425 bhp / 317 KW
Torque583 Nm / 430 ft lbs
BHP/Liter118 bhp / liter

#35 ·
Durability.

The one in the Ciel is a concept motor. It doesn't have to last 200k+ miles under harsh driving conditions.

Rumor is the 3.6 will be replaced by a 3.7L in 2016ish, and that more then likely will be turbo compatible (as all new motors are built up with this ability).

#42 ·
By obsolete I mean that GM will have created a better engine. The HF Family isn't going anywhere, however that specific engine is one of the oldest ones in production. GM isn't going to let the family stagnate. When was the 3.6L non-DI introduced? 2006? Expect an update of some sort.

#41 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.