Cadillac Owners Forum banner

anyone

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Stingroo 
#1 ·
do you think the xts with a turbo v6 will provide the same feeling as the v8. I am torn about waiting or getting the v8 now. It is ending production this year.

#3 · (Edited)
It does matter. They combine the power of the electric motor and the gasoline engine. The engine is not just used to charge the batteries.

From what I understand the main advantage (in terms of mileage) of hybrids is that they have regenerative brakes that are used to charge the batteries as well. So you can recapture some of the energy that was used to accelerate the car. In a regular vehicle that energy is wasted as heat dissipation in the brakes.

And this one will give you better gas mileage because of being a plug in, at the cost of a higher electricity bill.

#4 ·
The Volt is not a traditional hybrid. It doesn't matter, in this case, because the engine in the Volt's powertrain NEVER powers the wheels directly.

It's a new concept, not the same as the typical hybrid on the market today.

But I think he was referencing the regular production models, not the possible Volt-derived version.

I'd go for the 8. Can't beat the sound. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.