XTS with 300hp to 500hp
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS with 300hp to 500hp in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I found this article in an well-known Spanish website. It says that the Cadillac XTS will have V6 and V8 ...
    Edward Toro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

XTS with 300hp to 500hp

I found this article in an well-known Spanish website. It says that the Cadillac XTS will have V6 and V8 with 300 to 500hp and a V6 plug in hybrid.

This is great news. At least something to hang on. I just couldn't accept that the new flagship, state of the art Cadillac, S class competitor, will live without a V8.

I tell you something: V8 as an option, 500hp, Plug in Hybrid, AWD, world-class interior.....now things start to looking brighter.

I like the article. Looks like they know something we don't.

Here's the link.
    http://www.terra.com.co/automovil/ar...e-cadillac.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: XTS with 300hp to 500hp

They mention that its speculation on their part, and those numbers are unconfirmed.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

FWD + 500HP = dangerous lol

AWD + V8 = what we need, my only issue is that it won't be a RWD based AWD.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I'd be one to assume the 500HP variant, if realistic, would be AWD only. LOL

Caddy916Squad is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

cant imagine a hybrid with that amount of power...

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy916Squad View Post
    cant imagine a hybrid with that amount of power...
    BMW sells an X6 Hybrid with 480 hp and 550 lbs-ft of combined power. Infiniti showed a concept with a TTV6 Hybrid making 600 hp.

dam where have i been...
    i haven't heard one thing about them

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Toro View Post
    I found this article in an well-known Spanish website. It says that the Cadillac XTS will have V6 and V8 with 300 to 500hp and a V6 plug in hybrid.

This is great news. At least something to hang on. I just couldn't accept that the new flagship, state of the art Cadillac, S class competitor, will live without a V8.

I tell you something: V8 as an option, 500hp, Plug in Hybrid, AWD, world-class interior.....now things start to looking brighter.

I like the article. Looks like they know something we don't.

Here's the link.
    http://www.terra.com.co/automovil/ar...e-cadillac.htm
    This is BS. The XTS is NOT a state-of-the-art S class competitor. It's a nice, full size car. But it's a car to fill an obvious hole. A true S class fighter may come in a few years when GM gets out of bankruptcy...

get em jim!

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

What was shown at the auto show was the concept; we'll all just have to wait to see what the production vehicle brings. I expect a longer wheelbase than concept, and perhaps more lattitude in powerplants (but that's purely speculation on my part).

jrosevear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V raven

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    This is BS. The XTS is NOT a state-of-the-art S class competitor. It's a nice, full size car. But it's a car to fill an obvious hole. A true S class fighter may come in a few years when GM gets out of bankruptcy...
    The XTS is nothing more (or less) than a car to sell to Cadillac's "legacy" customers, the ones who like the Deville/DTS and won't go for a CTS. Dealers will insist that GM keep building cars like this as long as there's demand. But I don't see them building it with a 500-hp anything. I could see a hybrid, though.

But let's be real clear about this: The XTS is not the Cadillac "flagship". The real flagship will be Sigma II-based, and it should be absolutely epic -- a huge imposing badass "Standard of the World" $100k+ jaw-dropper of a car, the kind of thing Cadillac used to build back in the days when words like "Brougham" meant something really special. It has been approved and it's coming. But the XTS isn't it.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

The Sixteen concept looks as good today as it did 6 years ago. Build it to order, price it at $120,000 people will buy it. If Lexus can get 500 people to drop $250,000 to LEASE a two seat sports car, Cadillac can get at least as many on board for the first year of the Sixteen.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I like the idea of the Sixteen but I still think Cadillac needs to build something that more people can afford to buy before working on a car that will compete with Bentley and Maybach...

Since the XTS isn't the flagship, I expect something "truly" full-size like an Audi A8, Jaguar XJ, BMW 750i, Hyundai Equus or Lexus LS460 - it doesn't even NEED to be the long wheel base models like A8L, 750Li or Mercedes S550...

I also expect either a V8 or a twin turbo V6 like the one BMW uses in their 2011 740i.

In the 2011 7 Series models, the twin-turbo 3.0 will deliver 315 horsepower and 330 pound-feet of torque. It will be mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
    The 315 horsepower number is under-rated as the N54 engine has been dyno'd with over 330 since 2006 when it debuted in the 335i coupe. Not only that, it's severely weakened via ECU from it's 500 horsepower potential to save the M3 from losing sales.. So.. All this non-sense is being brought up for a reason.. A small engine like a 3.0 liter can have no trouble AT ALL powering a full-size luxury sports sedan. Not only would it "power" it, it would make for a competitively fast car.

Maybe Cadillac should do what Lexus did when they first came into the picture. The initial models of the Lexus LS in 1989 sold for an amazing price. As the sales went up, the price went up. So Cadillac could have a full-size luxury sports sedan that catches the interest of people who normally buy a 750i or LS460 priced slightly lower than the Lexus and then move it on up as it becomes successful.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

intheb0x is offline Cadillac Owners Member

so is this going to be that UV8 V8 thats "ultra smooth and quiet" that i been hearing about?

bmw makes a 400-500hp v8 hybrid along with lexus ls 600 h making 456hp or so and its a hybrid..

jrosevear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V raven

Quote Originally Posted by intheb0x View Post
    so is this going to be that UV8 V8 thats "ultra smooth and quiet" that i been hearing about?
    Yeah... the one that looks suspiciously like a Chevy smallblock.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.