Cadillac XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    R1chard is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG (GONE!)

Cadillac XTS

Here are the latest renderings of the upcoming Cadillac XTS (STS and DTS replacement)

What is it?
    Cadillac XTS Platinum Concept

What's special about it?
    What a difference seven years make. It was at the Detroit auto show in 2003 that Cadillac last unveiled a full-size luxury sedan concept, the outrageous Sixteen, a fantastical 1,000-horsepower vision intended to evoke the grandest of grand days for the company some 70 years prior.

For the 2010 Detroit show, Cadillac is showing an entirely more sober full-size sedan concept, the XTS Platinum. In stark contrast to the Sixteen, which was powered by a monstrous 13.6-liter V16 engine, the XTS is conceived to have a plug-in hybrid powertrain using the familiar 3.6-liter V6 along with at least one electric motor and a lithium-ion battery pack. So the XTS's powertrain has 10 fewer cylinders, 10 fewer liters of displacement and 650 fewer horses than the Sixteen's.

But at a combined 350 hp and 295 pound-feet of torque, the XTS concept's powertrain is also a whole bunch more feasible for an eventual production car — one that won't cost a quarter-million dollars. In fact, the whole concept is much more feasible for production since the XTS Platinum concept reveals key elements of the XTS production luxury sedan that will replace the DTS front-drive sedan, as well as the STS rear-drive sedan, and is certain to go into production at GM's Oshawa, Ontario, plant in January 2012.

The XTS concept, which splits the difference between the DTS and STS by using all-wheel drive, also is right between the two existing sedans in overall length. The XTS concept rides on exactly the same length (111.7-inch) wheelbase as the Buick LaCrosse. The production XTS, which Cadillac will begin producing in 2011 or early 2012, will use the same Epsilon II platform as the LaCrosse.

The broad outline of the concept's styling hints at the production car. We expect to see this CTS-style grille, sans the satin finish, on the nose of the production car, along with the stacked headlights that are stretched rearward along the top of the fenders. The rising beltline and side crease look ready for the stamping plant. And the concept's tall-in-height but short-in-length trunk and fast backlight should confound viewers on the production as much as it will on the concept.

Following current Cadillac practice, we anticipate that the production car will also carry the concept's vertical taillamps that suggest tailfins by standing slightly proud of the trunk. And yes, you might even see a boomerang-shaped deck lid spoiler on a Cadillac DTS replacement. The nicely finished 20-inch aluminum wheels look production ready. The billet-aluminum exterior trim work? Not so much. We're pleased to finally see the end of useless fender vents that have become such a cliché of late. The XTS's fenders have no holes.

The twin fuel-filler doors (one per rear fender) are a concession to the plug-in powertrain that the XTS concept is supposed to have. There's one for gas and one for the electrical outlet.

Adding "Platinum" to the concept's name suggests that Cadillac intends to continue and likely broaden the super-luxury trim line that's been most popular on Escalade SUVs.

But Cadillac doesn't want to talk about the exterior so much. Indeed, it says that the XTS concept was "built from the inside out." Haven't heard that one before, have you? Well, try this one: "The interior takes inspiration from nature, specifically the intricate layer of petals that combine to form an orchid." Sorry for blowing your mind there, Chief.

While we chew on that one for awhile, know that the interior uses cool organic light-emitting diode (O-LED) displays in place of conventional gauges and screens. And so for that bit of theater, the panels are dark until the car is turned on and illuminate all manner of entertainment and information options. The rest of the interior is Cadillac's idea of what a modern, high-quality luxury cabin should look like in all its creamy-colored, gently lighted, smoky-wooded, laser-etched suede-y goodness.

Inside Line says: We liked the Sixteen better. But then, we also liked the housing bubble, before it popped anyway. — Daniel Pund, Senior Editor, Detroit
    I actually think overall it looks very sharp, good job GM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LAC_STS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS

Re: Cadillac XTS

holy sh** that bi*** is sooooo clean. I want.........now.

Joe Pagano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 & 2005 STS4

If the final product is close to these renderings I may as well start painting the garage, cause we will be bringing a new baby home!!!!
    This car looks awesome, clean crisp lines with the necessary Cadillac cues. Bravo, design well done.
    Psst - please don't say anything to my 05 STS, but I will find her a good home............................................ Joe P

sikohsix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V/'99 Deville Concours

Make the hood a bit longer and the cowl a bit lower, and I'm in

STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

i love the new interior, still up in the air about the exterior but its not bad on the outside.

DBeaSST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

It is a beautiful car no doubt. Certainly a worthy replacement for the DTS. I don't care for FWD myself so it's not likely this would replace my STS.

bass_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm gonna get yelled at but did anyone else see this:

and think this:

I love the interior, but the out side seems a little lifted, specially against the CTS's newness.

Don't get me wrong, I want one - but it's irking me a little.

p.s. where are the heated rear seats, the extra climate controls, etc. Step backwards w/out it.

Midnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SG

It does say AWD.

I like it, I think it looks great. You can really see the Buick in it though, it may get some flack for that, but I think it's a good blend.

bbshriver is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

The interior looks great!
    But the exterior is a huge disappointment. I was expecting a much longer and lower look, more like the 16. The hood is far too short, rear overhang is much too long. Plus FWD is a deal killer for me anyway. Looks like I'll be looking for a Jaguar to replace my STS when the time comes.

KARL DAHLEN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2008 STSV6 RWD

Quote Originally Posted by DBeaSST View Post
    It is a beautiful car no doubt. Certainly a worthy replacement for the DTS. I don't care for FWD myself so it's not likely this would replace my STS.
    Agree it look more like an DTS replacement. The thing I really like about my STS is that it is large enough and comfortable without looking like a big boat. The CTS is just too small. My STS is just right, so I think I'll drive it until the wheels fall off.

JackG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): sts

What do they like those pop up nav screens so much?? I like in-dash. and imbeded in headrest.

LAC_STS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS

Quote Originally Posted by bass_sts View Post
    I'm gonna get yelled at but did anyone else see this:

and think this:

I love the interior, but the out side seems a little lifted, specially against the CTS's newness.

Don't get me wrong, I want one - but it's irking me a little.

p.s. where are the heated rear seats, the extra climate controls, etc. Step backwards w/out it.

I dont think it looks anything like the Avalon.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

I think it kind of looks like my STS - Ha Ha, which makes it a nice looking car. Interior way cool.

What about this hybrid thing though? Will that be an option or will they all have it. I'm not sold on those yet. Maybe if the batteries have like a 20 year warranty, otherwise there will eventually be "hybrids" out there without the batteries because they cost way too much to replace them. Not to mention all the other hybrid parts that can break.

STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

v6 DIC with hybrid setup, for 350hp, i want a v8 hybrid should be good for 450-500 right?

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by LAC_STS View Post
    I dont think it looks anything like the Avalon.
    Actually, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Wow, nice but it reminds me a bit of the Avalon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.