Cadillac XTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was thinking it looked like a mix of the new LaCross and Chrysler Sebring, with a Cadillac grille....
    bbshriver is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

Re: Cadillac XTS

I was thinking it looked like a mix of the new LaCross and Chrysler Sebring, with a Cadillac grille.

kschwed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SC

Quote Originally Posted by malatu View Post
    Actually, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Wow, nice but it reminds me a bit of the Avalon.
    Yeah i dont really see the resemblance either, but who knows. I think the exterior looks great. I dont like the look of the rear headrest monitors. The dash looks good, but I dont like the LCD gauges.

lreddiablo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Interior looks enticing but the exterior just does not have that stand out Cadillac feel. Car looks sharp, but it doesn't have any of that agressive look. Seems like the designers went from trying to stand out from the German luxury sedans and tried to blend in with the Japanese higher end family sedans. I agree with that avalon comparison. I think this looks way better than the Avalon but it looks like it is set to compete with it. I want to compete with the BMW 5 series again!

Platinum06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* STS-4

I think its great. was worried that it would loose the STS look but it did'nt

Looks like the LaCrosse from the side. Still has the STS front end styling. I never liked the DTS. Glad they went AWD. Wheels are ok. Needs some more chrome. 9.0

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I wish the C-pillar was more upright. Nice face.

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

@Jesda:

As a moderator, can you pls find out why ON THE DAY that the XTS came out, the XTS forum became inaccessible?

@all: Love the interior, will probably get to like the exterior, and, like the rest of us, will get used to having to live with Hybrid.

AWD sounds good, though, got to love it on my STS4!

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

I really have serious reservations about this program. I think the design is beautiful but the LaCrosse platform is FWD based. Sure it can be AWD but so can a minivan. The current SRX in my mind was an attempt to once again fool Cadillac customers--it has a lot of the right look and features but it is and never will be an enthusiasts' car. The STS was on the right track with a chassis that could fulfill what a driver's machine needed to be. The only remaining vehicle left on the Sigma platform will be the CTS, and I can't imagine that the downtown Lansing plant will survive on that alone. The XTS could be a decent DTS replacement but definitely not an STS. Maybe what we remember as an STS truly is gone. Now there is a bit of a potential surprise in all of this--the fact that it will be built in Oshawa doesn't necessarily mean that it will be built on the LaCrosse underpinnings. Remember that the RWD Camaro (aka pontiac G8 chassis) is also built there.

Caroutisine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I think it looks great. GM has always done a good job at making their new vehicles look great and the older ones then look dated. It's a good blend between the DTS and STS.

miked is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 SRX AWD Turbo, 08 STS V8 RWD

Beautiful. If it has the goodies my STS has -- adaptive cruise, remote start, heads-up display, and blind spot detection -- I may be trading in a little earlier than I had expected to!

R1chard is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG (GONE!)

Real life pictures were made available

R1chard is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG (GONE!)

bbshriver is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Why is there wood on the seats??

DBeaSST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

That center console is simply gorgeous!

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

That does seem like it could be uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by bbshriver View Post
    Why is there wood on the seats??

Vinsanity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by next2pool View Post
    I really have serious reservations about this program. I think the design is beautiful but the LaCrosse platform is FWD based. Sure it can be AWD but so can a minivan. The current SRX in my mind was an attempt to once again fool Cadillac customers--it has a lot of the right look and features but it is and never will be an enthusiasts' car. The STS was on the right track with a chassis that could fulfill what a driver's machine needed to be. The only remaining vehicle left on the Sigma platform will be the CTS, and I can't imagine that the downtown Lansing plant will survive on that alone. The XTS could be a decent DTS replacement but definitely not an STS. Maybe what we remember as an STS truly is gone. Now there is a bit of a potential surprise in all of this--the fact that it will be built in Oshawa doesn't necessarily mean that it will be built on the LaCrosse underpinnings. Remember that the RWD Camaro (aka pontiac G8 chassis) is also built there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.