Cadillac XTS Press Release - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac XTS Press Release in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac BMW is "offering" their 6 cylinder in the 7-Series as an option. That's different. They ...
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: Cadillac XTS Press Release

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    BMW is "offering" their 6 cylinder in the 7-Series as an option. That's different. They still have a V8 and V12 available.

the Lexus LS and Audi A8 are "there" in regards to being considered "top tier" - and while they may not be as good as a Mercedes S-Class, doesn't SOMEBODY have to be #1? There cannot be two "bests". The Mercedes S-Class is the car that the Lexus LS aspires to be. The BMW 750i is the car that the Audi A8 aspires to be. The Lexus and Audi aren't the best - but there right up there in the same class...

I do believe the XTS will be a car that makes Cadillac money - which is what they need right now. In time, they'll give the rest of us what we're looking for... I just hope too many people don't become comfortable with other brands beforehand...
    I have no doubt the XTS will sell. Heck, if I would be living in the US, I would be in line for one!

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    BMW is "offering" their 6 cylinder in the 7-Series as an option. That's different. They still have a V8 and V12 available.

the Lexus LS and Audi A8 are "there" in regards to being considered "top tier" - and while they may not be as good as a Mercedes S-Class, doesn't SOMEBODY have to be #1? There cannot be two "bests". The Mercedes S-Class is the car that the Lexus LS aspires to be. The BMW 750i is the car that the Audi A8 aspires to be. The Lexus and Audi aren't the best - but there right up there in the same class...

I do believe the XTS will be a car that makes Cadillac money - which is what they need right now. In time, they'll give the rest of us what we're looking for... I just hope too many people don't become comfortable with other brands beforehand...
    The Audi and Lexus are there now, I agree. But it has taken them 3 to 4 generations to get there. Cadillac hasnt made a stab at this class in what, 'forever'? The CTS is a great example. 2 generations in and its still not fully in the same class as the 5 series, the car Cadillac has been aiming at for 2 gens now.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

It has some nice design features and hopefully with interior space and trunk that rivals my DTS, but if it doesn't have a V-8, it's a non starter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor View Post
    It has some nice design features and hopefully with interior space and trunk that rivals my DTS, but if it doesn't have a V-8, it's a non starter for me.
    BTW, did Cadillac pick up work on a N*-replacement???
    I cannot imagine the 'Corvette engine' in the XTS, nor that bulldog V8 from the Escalade.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium, '15 Escalade Premium ordered

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    BTW, did Cadillac pick up work on a N*-replacement???
    I cannot imagine the 'Corvette engine' in the XTS, nor that bulldog V8 from the Escalade.

NO. The Northstar replacement was cancelled before bankruptcy and remains dead. According to my Cadillac dealer, the XTS will launch with the 3.6L DI V6 from the CTS and the hybrid powertrain will be available shortly thereafter, and he tells me unless things change the only Cadillac with a V8 will be the Escalade (excluding the low volume V-series cars).

Dark, dark days ahead for Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    NO. The Northstar replacement was cancelled before bankruptcy and remains dead. According to my Cadillac dealer, the XTS will launch with the 3.6L DI V6 from the CTS and the hybrid powertrain will be available shortly thereafter, and he tells me unless things change the only Cadillac with a V8 will be the Escalade (excluding the low volume V-series cars).

Dark, dark days ahead for Cadillac.
    I found that the average forum member here is better informed than a Cadillac Dealer. Which is a shame for the dealers though.
    The XTS so far is still in concept phase. GM doesn't necessarily need to announce they start working on a N* replacement. Maybe they secretly did already?
    They do need one for sure for the new DTS (XTS). And it might fit in the SRX, CTS, FLS (flagship; my name invention) any various GM models like NG Impala.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Cadillac definetly needs something to bridge the gap between the DI V6 with about 300hp and the 562hp CTS-V. The Northstar V8 in the STS hasn't kept up with BMW or Benz in terms of power output and quite frankly I think the name is tainted by blown headgaskets and unreliable cars. Personally I think the 6.2 V8 out of the Escalade should find its way under the hood of a CTS, with about 400hp.

Since the 3.rd generation CTS will be built on an extended Alpha platform, we might see an all-FI setup for the ATS (=BTS?) and CTS:
    2.0L Turbo upto 280-300 hp (The Opel Astra OPC will get this 2.0L turbo with 300hp) for ATS + CTS
    3.0L Turbo upto 350 hp to replace the current 2.8L Turbo for the CTS and ATCoupe
    3.6L TTurbo upto 400+ hp for ATS-V and CTCoupe and/or CTS-Sport
    6.2L FI upto 570 hp for CTS-V
    1.9L Turbo Diesel upto 180 hp for ATS
    2.9L V6 TTurbo diesel upto 260 hp for CTS

Extended Alpha ++ LWB for the FLS
    2.9L V6 TTurbo Diesel
    4.5L V8 TTurbo Diesel
    5.0L DI V8 N*-successor + TTurbo
    6.2L DI V8

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    Since the 3.rd generation CTS will be built on an extended Alpha platform, we might see an all-FI setup for the ATS (=BTS?) and CTS:
    2.0L Turbo upto 280-300 hp (The Opel Astra OPC will get this 2.0L turbo with 300hp) for ATS + CTS
    3.0L Turbo upto 350 hp to replace the current 2.8L Turbo for the CTS and ATCoupe
    3.6L TTurbo upto 400+ hp for ATS-V and CTCoupe and/or CTS-Sport
    6.2L FI upto 570 hp for CTS-V
    1.9L Turbo Diesel upto 180 hp for ATS
    2.9L V6 TTurbo diesel upto 260 hp for CTS

Extended Alpha ++ LWB for the FLS
    2.9L V6 TTurbo Diesel
    4.5L V8 TTurbo Diesel
    5.0L DI V8 N*-successor + TTurbo
    6.2L DI V8
    Like Ive said before, the LS3 makes alot more sense then a 3.6L TT. I cant see the 3.6L TT getting much better mileage, and it wont weigh any less. It will also be more expensive to fix, buy parts for out of warranty, and more difficult to work on. 3.6L TT's make alot of sense if you are a company like Audi and BMW, who dont have an existing relatively cheap, hugely capable and durable V8. From what Ive heard, the diesel program is cancelled, which is a shame.

john black is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS. 2001 Jaguar XJR

Well ... uh ... for me this thing looks like a cross-breed between an Audi & a rice burner.
    And with that funny six-banger certainly no Cadillac, anymore
    (may be politically "correct" but I don't give a rusty dime on such mumbo-jumbo ...)

Thank you very much. BMW 550i - here I come

How come the XTS is not displayed in NY?

GMlostit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 DeVille

I just wan't to know if the ability to scramble eggs in the front seat will still be a feature....would hate to see that front end shake be a thing of the past

BillFisher is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

I just leased a new Hyundai Genesis when what I really wanted was to buy an American car. Why did I select the Genesis? Value. (cheaper than even the lowest price Cadillac) Comfort. (too cushy even for me but still quiet and reasonable handling) Style. (I like the Euro look of the Genesis) Rear Seat ( I just have to have rear seat leg room for my passengers)

I was willing to compromise some on the value proposition to buy an American car but there is only one sedan that satisfies my desire for rear seat space and that is the DTS. I cannot talk myself into that old man sedan. If Cadillac can really take the next step towards luxury and provide the kind of style the XTS is showing with a Euro quality ride and an interior with materials and designs like this, I'm all in. It's been way too long since the World Standard for Luxury has been the World Standard. Please GM. Step up to the plate and get one right for a change and get out of your old mentality. You took some chances with the CTS and they were rewarded. Don't stop now.

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium

How is this a dts replacement if its a v6. Who wants a full size cadilac sedan with anything but a v8. And no I don't want to hear a speech about how powerful this engine is supposed to be. I think the car will be very nice, I wish they kept the classic look that devilles/dts's have always had. This seems to be more progressive in design. I don't like how they did the rear of the trunk, I like a big wreath and the plate down low. I'm sure this car will be very nice but I see it as more of a new model than a replacement. I hope they come out with a v8 flagship soon, if not s-class,7-series, ls ect. owners will laugh when any standard of the world cadillac commercials air on tv. GM is usually smart about these things and always resorts to what people like about their cars. Like how that rumor that the new tahoe/yukon/escalade trucks were going to be midsize got put to rest.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    How is this a dts replacement if its a v6. Who wants a full size cadilac sedan with anything but a v8. And no I don't want to hear a speech about how powerful this engine is supposed to be. I think the car will be very nice, I wish they kept the classic look that devilles/dts's have always had. This seems to be more progressive in design. I don't like how they did the rear of the trunk, I like a big wreath and the plate down low. I'm sure this car will be very nice but I see it as more of a new model than a replacement. I hope they come out with a v8 flagship soon, if not s-class,7-series, ls ect. owners will laugh when any standard of the world cadillac commercials air on tv. GM is usually smart about these things and always resorts to what people like about their cars. Like how that rumor that the new tahoe/yukon/escalade trucks were going to be midsize got put to rest.
    Well, they DID name this car XTS and not DTS - but it's geared at the same people. I know you want a V8 but a V6 with over 400 horsepower and equally impressive torque should make most driving enthusiasts very happy. Unfortunately, the engine isn't ready for the XTS launch...

There IS a "real" flagship in the plans. It's even got it's own platform - Omega. We'll be hearing more about it as time goes on...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.