XTS is A RESULT OF.... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS is A RESULT OF.... in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by cooncat Using the Happy Holiday is a good thing. There are other people in this world besides ...
    Edward Toro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Re: XTS is A RESULT OF....

Quote Originally Posted by cooncat View Post
    Using the Happy Holiday is a good thing. There are other people in this world besides Christians. Okay, go ahead and flame me.
    Sorry but it is on Cadillac's roots and their worst mistake was not to stick to its roots.

Besides, I am sure a very large percentage of Cadillac's customers will appreciated a Merry Christmas.

I do. I am 25. I drive a 08 STS V8.

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    The XTS is not Cadillac's 'Flagship' model (it doesn't have a flagship model at this time). Money is still tight; when Cadillac has a 'Flagship', we will have to wait until it heals (from the recent economic catastropyhy). I'm patiently waiting though; tick, tick, tick.....................
    So what should i buy in 2012 when i'm again in the market for another new car?
    I drive a 08 STS v8 now, but i will never buy a v6 Cadillac.
    The sts v8 will disappear in 2011 according to GM, so that is no longer an option.
    I drive seville/sts v8's since 1992 so that's a real shame.
    I dont care about the hp, but i just love the smoothness of a v8.
    So should it be an escalade v8(a little large) or should i turn to audi or mercedes (bmw is way to pimp for me and asian cars are a no go for me) for a smooth luxury ride.
    The european cars are updated every 3 years and have an excellent choice of v8 and v12 engines.
    But i just love American cars so that is difficult for me.
    The Lincoln Towncar is a nice car as well, only the exterior hasn't been updated since the beginning of time.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by meniisoc View Post
    The Lincoln Towncar is a nice car as well, only the exterior hasn't been updated since the beginning of time.
    And it won't be around in 2012...

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

Ya I'm concerned as well. I hope the XTS has a V8 option.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The Cadillac XTS will be FWD and AWD with the 3.6 DI engine currently available in the CTS. No V8 is planned at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lev Blekher View Post
    Ya I'm concerned as well. I hope the XTS has a V8 option.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

No V8 + FWD = dislike.

jrosevear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V raven

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    No V8 + FWD = dislike.
    You're not the only one. Fortunately, it's just a stopgap car, something for the dealers to sell while GM gets back on its feet.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Indeed the XTS is a stop gap car.. They should have just redesigned the DTS a little here and a little there. It would have been more profitable than the XTS since everything's pretty much been built already. They should have saved their funds for a RWD flagship. Since management is already having doubts about this car - it really seems like a waste.

Nonetheless, I'm sure it's going to be very impressive to most people. Only the most picky will find fault with it.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i don't know why they continue waste a lot of money in the XTS.
    it does't look like Luxury car because it is FWD. who will want to buy it ?
    it just a new shape of the deville, and we pay alot of money for the shape only.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

The XTS offers an excellent vehicle for a specific market segment. I think it will be a huge success and meet a portion of the luxury market needs.

Not every mercedes or BMW or Audi is the "ultimate driving machine" If you think they are ...then those brands have pulled the wool over your eyes...

Cadillac Needs the large luxury value priced awd 300hp plus striking good looks.

I know many cadillac and other luxury buyers that would be well served by what I anticipate the XTS to be..

Would I buy one? No....but many of the people who want luxury above all else...The XTS will do the trick....
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i don't think mercedes or BMW and especially Audi is an Ultimate driving machine. i just want the Full side car have RWD base system instead of the long Chevrolet and of course V8.
    Cadillac they did the great job with their CTS with RWD. but it is too short and it didn't offer the normal V8 instead of the Monster V8.
    look at the SLS in China. it is a great car. every one want it. Why they didn't build the same in here.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

It's not like the GM 3.6 DI V6 has a sterling reputation for reliability. It lacks the torque and smooth refinement for a luxury car. Maybe the hybrid setup could help it but the weight penalty is huge. They have already lost most enthusiasts because only those of us 'up North' will consider AWD.

Cadillac has been scrimping a bit on interior materials, too. Electronics can't be behind the competition, either. I think Cadillac will be very lucky if the XTS even sells close to DTS levels.

They could have built a real Luxury Performance Touring Sedan. Instead, the XTS is a smaller DTS, albeit with fresh chassis & sheet-metal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.