More new Cadillac XTS information
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, More new Cadillac XTS information in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; General Motors Corp. will build a new luxury stretch sedan called the Cadillac XTS at its assembly plant in Oshawa, ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

More new Cadillac XTS information

General Motors Corp. will build a new luxury stretch sedan called the Cadillac XTS at its assembly plant in Oshawa, Ont., according to suppliers briefed on the automaker's latest product plans.

The new Cadillac XTS will be the largest four-door sedan in the luxury brand's lineup, replacing the slow-selling DTS, one industry source said. It will compete with other high-end cars from BMW, Audi and Lexus. Production is slated to start in December 2011.

The new Impala, Regal and XTS will all be built on GM's global Epsilon platform, sources indicated. That is significant because it will allow the company to produce three different models for three different brands - Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac - based on the same basic vehicle underpinnings, and adjust how much of each it builds based on demand.

Read more...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: More new Cadillac XTS information

Well if nothing else it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

It should make for a nice Lincoln MKS that looks just like a Cadillac.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Talamant3z is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

wonder how it looks

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

I doesn't need to be a copy, but it would be nice if the XTS will get some proportinal lines of the Sixteen. Just to get that exclusive look to stand out in its section. But that will be practically impossible on a Theta-Epsylon II platform.

Just... let it be really exclusive in its section and not just a develpment on the Buick. I hope Cadillac can stick to its exclusiveness within GM like it does with CTS.

A lot of people are asking for the XTS to look like the Sixteen but it's not going to be a very long car. I don't think the Sixteen would look very good short.

Unless the XTS platform is lengthened and widened, it will NOT be as large as the Lincoln MKS... It is unlikely that a v8 will be available.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Is the SRX prepared for a V8?
    If not, the XTS will neither.

...I guess

Couldn't find any clues on what it will look like.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

My advice to them would be to go with the classic "long hood, short rear deck" proportioned design--ever popular with the great "personal luxury cars." Cadillac needs to get some elements that provide a link to their roots--something that makes the car identifiably a Cadillac! Above all, styling will be most important--another "make or break" situation! Then, luxury needs to be abundant--throughout the car's interior and exterior. Hopefully, they will revert to a word name, rather than "XTS!"

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    My advice to them would be to go with the classic "long hood, short rear deck" proportioned design--ever popular with the great "personal luxury cars." Cadillac needs to get some elements that provide a link to their roots--something that makes the car identifiably a Cadillac! Above all, styling will be most important--another "make or break" situation! Then, luxury needs to be abundant--throughout the car's interior and exterior. Hopefully, they will revert to a word name, rather than "XTS!"
    I fully expect the XTS name to stick with this new vehicle--simply because of the shortage of everything out there--fuel, money, copper, letters of the alphabet, etc. Heck, we have only 26.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Why aren't they using that Holden/G8, etc....??? They launch it for a year, kill the brand they used, and then it's gone??? Stupid...they deserve to be whored out to Obama....
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    Why aren't they using that Holden/G8, etc....??? They launch it for a year, kill the brand they used, and then it's gone??? Stupid...they deserve to be whored out to Obama....
    I think just about everybody feels exactly the same way you do...

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    It will compete with other high-end cars from BMW, Audi and Lexus.
    No it won't.

Epsilon platform targeting the 7-series? What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac
    It should make for a nice Lincoln MKS that looks just like a Cadillac.
    Yeah, just what the brand needs. Something to compete with Lincoln.
    Goodbye to the last decade of fighting that stereotype. Back to business as usual: shared platforms, building lazy cars, and using Ford as a benchmark instead of the modern luxury brands from europe.

Hey, maybe the next CTS can platform share with the Cobalt! The world demands a Cimmaron Touring Sedan.

Seriously, this is the worst decision to come from this company in a long while.

I didn't say 7-Series! But, yeah - I thought the same thing as you when I first read that. 5-Series, maybe! Maybe... But isn't that what the CTS is going to be doing as soon as it grows a little bit? I guess we're going to start seeing lots of overlap again.

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh View Post
    No it won't.

Epsilon platform targeting the 7-series? What a joke.

Yeah, just what the brand needs. Something to compete with Lincoln.
    Goodbye to the last decade of fighting that stereotype. Back to business as usual: shared platforms, building lazy cars, and using Ford as a benchmark instead of the modern luxury brands from europe.

Hey, maybe the next CTS can platform share with the Cobalt! The world demands a Cimmaron Touring Sedan.

Seriously, this is the worst decision to come from this company in a long while.

C&C
    C&C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

I know you guys are just 'bench racing' but all heard so far is speculation and conjecture (I know, that's what we do best). Maybe, and this is just speculation as well, GM (Cadillac in this case) has learned a thing or two and is going to put out a new car every-much as good as the new CTS is; this strategy has worked with the aforementioned CTS, the Corvette and the Malibu. (Shoot for the stars, not what's already out there.) That's the way to get market share.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.