Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2017 Cadillac XT5 Pricing Announced!

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  stnray 
#1 · (Edited)
XT5 Pricing Announced!

I found the XT5 pricing which was just released today ... :)

RAB perhaps you can find out what the price will be in Canada?

February 10, 2016 Print
Tags: Product, Cadillac, 2017, XT5, News releases

The first-ever Cadillac XT5 will arrive in U.S. dealerships in early-April, continuing the brand’s product-driven growth. XT5 enters the strongest category in the luxury automotive space, the midsize luxury crossover segment, where Cadillac set sales records in 2015.

“The arrival of this sophisticated new crossover positions Cadillac well, as XT5 enters the most popular segment in the global luxury market,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “It’s pivotal to our ongoing growth, which is why we’ve developed XT5 from the inside out to provide customers more space, more technology, more luxury and more efficiency.”

The XT5 is the first in a series of upcoming luxury crossovers carrying the “XT” designation, a key aspect of the brand’s product-driven global growth plan.

The new luxury crossover joins Cadillac’s lineup immediately following the new range-topping CT6 Sedan, as the brand enters a new phase of product growth. The XT5 is the next chapter in elevating the Cadillac brand: it is bold, distinctive and sophisticated with enhanced driving dynamics. This new crossover perfectly reflects Cadillac’s positioning in the luxury automotive marketplace, de Nysschen said.

The first-ever 2017 Cadillac XT5 crossover will be available in four trim levels, including a range-topping Platinum model, a first for Cadillac in this segment. XT5 Platinum includes unique interior and exterior trim and materials and combines them with the highest technology features.

Cadillac XT5 offers seven exterior colors and seven distinct interior environments, and a broad range of luxury amenities and high-technology systems – including Cadillac’s award-winning, industry-first Rear Camera Mirror system on Platinum models.

XT5 pricing begins at $38,995*; the highest level XT5 Platinum is priced from $62,500*. All-wheel drive is optional on Luxury and Premium Luxury models, and is standard on Platinum.

Customers can place orders now with dealers and view additional product information at cadillac.com.

In the U.S. market, the 2017 Cadillac XT5 will be powered by the new 3.6-liter V6 engine which recently debuted on the ATS and CTS sport sedans and is featured on the all-new CT6 flagship model. With peak output of 310-horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque, the new V6 uses variable valve timing for strong response and smooth power delivery, maintaining optimum efficiency regardless of power demand. This engine has been completely redesigned and features Active Fuel Management cylinder deactivation technology, which allows the engine to seamlessly and automatically switch to a fuel-saving 4-cylinder mode under low or moderate loads.

A new 8-speed automatic transmission is standard for the XT5, which also debuts Electronic Precision Shift – the first electronically controlled transmission shifter application in a Cadillac. The XT5 also features Stop/Start technology, which automatically stops and starts the engine when the vehicle is at rest in traffic stops, saving fuel and reducing emissions, while contributing to the serene character and tranquil cabin environment expected of a Cadillac.

An optional new advanced “twin clutch” all-wheel drive system continuously and automatically delivers excellent traction across a variety of conditions. Due to the twin clutch design, the AWD system is capable of transferring up to 100 percent of available torque to either the front or rear axle. Also, across the rear axle, the electronically controlled rear differential can direct up to 100 percent of available torque to either wheel laterally. This capability is designed for “split-coefficient” surfaces, such as when there is more water, ice or snow on one side of the road surface than the other. The AWD system is driver-controlled, and includes a new “disconnect” feature that disables the rear drive unit for improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.

The 2017 XT5 will be built at the Spring Hill, Tenn. assembly facility outside of Nashville.

*Editor’s note: Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price excludes destination ($995), tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment.

See less See more
#3 ·
Pretty sad to see the rearview camera/mirror restricted to the Platinum model. I was hoping the dealer ordering documents were wrong. The same source indicates the 360 degree camera will also be restricted to Platinum which is insane. That's at least an option on base models competitors.

#7 ·
Rear view mirror is certainly new tech, but the 360 degree camera is available on almost every major competitor these days and isn't restricted by trim level. It seems rather ridiculous that you would restrict them BOTH to the same trim level, as many folks might prefer one or the other.

#13 ·
Roy indeed I would like to know as well I get my XT5 in May 2016...So any pointers on getting it below $60K would be great..I am getting the Platinum trim and I am looking at $64K with all my options included...Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, VA said that there would be no discounts or rebates due to the fact that the car is a brand new model and blah blah and blah....Hmmmph....

#18 · (Edited)
^ Stnray, thanks for that link. :thumbsup:

So.. the MSRP (incl. the $995 Destination charge) for an XT5 AWD Platinum that includes the optional Driver Assist Package ($2,340) and Compact Spare Tire ($350) comes to USD $66,185. Wow, that's getting pricey. In Canada, that same vehicle, as equipped, will likely have an MSRP of CAD $70,000 or more. Again, that is getting pricey. I don't have access to a GM employee discount at this stage, and I would definitely not want to pay full MSRP for any Cadillac nowadays given the price games that inevitably occur. So we'll see what goes.

Instead of an XT5 I may consider getting myself a fully equipped 2016/17 Buick Envision Premium II when vehicles begin arriving in late spring/early summer. A fully equipped Envision will likely have an MSRP of between $44K and $46K in the U.S., and will likely be priced between $48K and $50K here in Canada. I'd be quite happy driving a fully equipped Envision until the equivalent sized Cadillac XT4 comes along later on, in 2018.

To be honest I'm actually more in the market for a larger sized "compact" premium/luxury CUV than I am a "midsize" CUV, which is what the XT5 is. For me (my wife and I) the perfectly sized CUV has an overall length of between 183 and 185 inches. The length of the Envision is 183.7" ; the XT5 is 189.5". For reference the Acura RDX, Audi Q5 and Porsche Macan have lengths of 183.5", 182.6" and 184.3" respectively.

#19 ·
I originally had the Drivers Assist Y66, I elected to drop it so my order could move forward. The one option I really wanted was Adaptive Cruise Control. $2,500 is a lot of money! I told my dealer that if becomes available. before it goes to 3100, then he will add it back. I'm at 3000 now, TPW of 3/28/16. With the employee discount, my MSRP ($64,545), without Driver's assist, comes in at a little over 58K.. My 2014 Z51 Stingray listed for $66,500 and I paid $62. Mid year the vette took a mid year increase of $3200. Who know's what the Caddy will do, I doubt the will raise it till 2017, because they already have the Platinum in the Stratosphere.

#20 · (Edited)
If it was me.. I definitely would not want to have a top-level XT5 Platinum without the Y66 Driver Assist Package. It's really a 'gotta have' option on a top-level-trim 2017 luxury vehicle model, IMO. The fully equipped 2016/17 Buick Envision will have adaptive cruise control, as will the fully equipped upcoming 2017 Ford Escape Titanium, to name just two "lesser" vehicles.
Besides Adaptive Cruise Control, the Y66 Driver Assist Package for the XT5 also includes Automatic Parking Assist, Automatic Collision Braking and Front & Rear Automatic Braking. IMO.. the absence of Y66 on a top-level Cadillac XT5 Platinum will negatively impact its resale value later on, perhaps to quite a degree. However stnray.. if you plan to keep your XT5 Platinum for many years and you're okay without the Y66 package then this will probably not be a concern for you.

As an aside.. the GM employee discount price of a given Cadillac model really forms a sort of basis for the initial "market-worth" of the vehicle, and is largely the reason why I'm not very interested in paying full MSRP for a GM vehicle, especially a Cadillac. And then there's the issue of the thousands of GM executive driven company vehicles each year that are made available for purchase by employees & retirees at an even greater discounted price and which usually make their way into the resale market after a relatively brief period of ownership - often after only one year of ownership. As well, a significant number of unsold GM company vehicles end up at auction and generally sell for an even greater discounted price, which can further contribute to vehicle market-worth erosion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.