ALERT ON XLR-V scams
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, ALERT ON XLR-V scams in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Some dealers are stating you can get a XLR-V for 600.00 a month with as little as 5000 total out ...
    Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

ALERT ON XLR-V scams

Some dealers are stating you can get a XLR-V for 600.00 a month with as little as 5000 total out of pocket with a 24 month lease with 10K Per year.

Run away from dealers that practice this. If it is on Ebay with a lease only option it is a scam too. Most of these dealers are in the MidWest..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: ALERT ON XLR-V scams

Is it a bait and switch?

basically they give you a XLR and say its a V in quotes. I just had a guy call me this morning that did business in Indiana and had his car shiped out we because he said my price was to high. I said no way and he went and bought the car. had the paperwork signed for over 2 weeks and had a car shipped to him when it arrived in was a XLR. I have seen the same recently on CTS 3.6 sport packages with CTS-R. Beware they are not giving you the whole story.

Some of these scams are going on at Ebay.

Moral of the story now the guy wants me to help him since I was honest and upfront. He wants that car to be taken back and to get a car from me now. I told him once it goes to the state and titled its his car not the dealerships. he would have to take it up with them...

When my GM of General Motors see some of these quotes he knows they are crap. Because they are not telling you upfront. Another scam is a lease other than GMAC that can be lower at times but has magor costs at the end of the lease in fee's.

Has anyone else had this happen to them lets talk about it?

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Thanks for the heads up, Scott! Thats a pretty ballsy scam.

I know lots of other stuff I hear.. I heard some other stuff today with this and something else.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.