Happy new member of the XLR-V club
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Happy new member of the XLR-V club in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I just bought my XLR-V four weeks ago ($11,000 off sticker). The dealer had used it for 3-4 days to ...
    Oldhousedr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 XLR-V

Happy new member of the XLR-V club

I just bought my XLR-V four weeks ago ($11,000 off sticker). The dealer had used it for 3-4 days to show off the Caddy line up at a local golf tournament and logged 156 miles on it. As of today I have 2700 miles on it. The first 1200 were 65 mph or less...driving from one corner of Kansas to the other will put the miles under the rubber.

As everyone here knows the car is a blast to drive. Power to spare with the engine and a silky smooth tranny combine for a performance few cars can match let alone surpass. The shale and black interior is gorgeous. I like the straight-forward controls for the nav, radio, climate control and 2 drink holders! The lines of the car with the stainless steel mesh grill and 19 inch wheels give it more of an aggressive look compared to MB, BMW etc. It also breaks the mold of the rounded over body styles the import cars have developed. In my humble opinion a hot rod has always been from Detroit (or Bowling Green now), not from across the pond. Not only will this beast run but it cradles you in creature comforts that belay the true spirit of the car.

I am thinking about installing a back up camera which ties in with the nav screen. I found an outfit which places the camera in a license plate frame on the back and ties in with GM nav units. I still have to contact the company to make sure it's compatible with the XLR unit. Has anyone done this yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Happy new member of the XLR-V club

awesome! welcome

pics?

Thanks. I'll try to post some pics later but it's pretty much the same light platinum that are on several web sites with a much better photographer and camera.

MLV
    MLV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, Maggied '05 CTS-V, '07 STS-V

Welcome! You're going to love it.

And there are never too many pictures.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Yep it's a great car alright.

I saw that unit tied into an SRX. Not exactly the same radio but probably close enough.
    It worked pretty slick.

I had a local installer contact Hitchcam about the FrameCam for the XLR's. According to the HitchCam's customer service person they are currently working on the interface module/program and expect it ready for prime time in 2 weeks. However she was quick to point out that the R/D division has told her 2 weeks for the last 2 months.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.