Red XLR at D3 Meet
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Red XLR at D3 Meet in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Who owns that drop-dead gorgeous red XLR at the meet? I'd like to see more pictures and learn more of ...
    1_XLR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 XLR-V

Question Red XLR at D3 Meet

Who owns that drop-dead gorgeous red XLR at the meet? I'd like to see more pictures and learn more of what you've done to it. Stunning...simply stunning. There was also a blue one there that was gorgeous.

Mike owns the red one. He comes over here every once in a while but I'll let him know you are asking. I'm sure he would love to share some pics

The blue one is mine, Blue Steel is a strange color for a plastic bodied car but I personally love the color and the darker wood trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetboyphx
    Mike owns the red one. He comes over here every once in a while but I'll let him know you are asking. I'm sure he would love to share some pics

The blue one is mine, Blue Steel is a strange color for a plastic bodied car but I personally love the color and the darker wood trim.
    My wife and I were the ones who queried you on the hardtop (manual override) and perused your XLR; we both love the color. Did you meet with anyone after the meet? It was a bit helter-skelter and people started going here and there, but not so much as people getting with others afterwards? We should have asked whether people were interested in gathering for dining after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCadillac
    Who owns that drop-dead gorgeous red XLR at the meet? I'd like to see more pictures and learn more of what you've done to it. Stunning...simply stunning. There was also a blue one there that was gorgeous.
    That would be me, it's actually an XLR-V, so maybe I should cross post to the V section, but I'll respond to my car anywhere Thanks for the compliments! I haven't really nailed a good photo yet of the V and pretty limited on mods with what's available, but so far......
    Borla cat-backs. This is a one off prototype unit the Borla factory designed a few years ago for my 04 XLR. I swapped it out when I traded it in for the V.
    Makavelli 19" 3pc wheels. stayed 19" so I could run the stock run-flats. I had 20" Maks on my '04 and didn't want the hassels again.
    Lowered 1" with trim adjustment bolts.
    Ultimate Pedals
    dark tint windows
    C-5 license frame
    removed all badges
    Volant had my car last week to prototype the CAI......coming soon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SoCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thumbs up Red XLR at D3 Meet

I can say that the photographs come nowhere close to conveying the beauty of this automobile; you simply have to be there to take it in. I love the fact the emblems have been removed. The combinations of items are best described as "ominous elegance." You can't help but look at this automobile, and you instantly get the feeling it's all business.

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Re: Red XLR at D3 Meet

Awesome XLR-V there.

MLV
    MLV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, Maggied '05 CTS-V, '07 STS-V

Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by boombotz
    Awesome XLR-V there.

I was the one who merged threads, I can delete the second post if it is confusing.
    Already modified said post to remove confusion.

blown black caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Swapped CTS-V for Camaro ZL1

Another view of a beautiful car.

Quote Originally Posted by blown black caddy
    Another view of a beautiful car.
    BBC,

Great shot...hey, when we were at the meet you borrowed my expensive SLR digital camera, and I ended up with your point-and-shoot. Please contact me so we can make arrangements to switch.

blown black caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Swapped CTS-V for Camaro ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by SoCadillac
    BBC,

Great shot...hey, when we were at the meet you borrowed my expensive SLR digital camera, and I ended up with your point-and-shoot. Please contact me so we can make arrangements to switch.

Oh oh!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.