Why Did You Choose the XLR-V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Why Did You Choose the XLR-V? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Among my reasons: (1) It's just altogether superbly conceived and built. Cadillac did a great job of refining the Evoc ...
    Rachane is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Why Did You Choose the XLR-V?

Among my reasons:

(1) It's just altogether superbly conceived and built. Cadillac did a great job of refining the Evoc into the marketed XLR, and the -V added a nice mix of extra sizzle for those of us who never grew up past our teenage musclecar fantasies in the '60s.

(2) It's beautiful. I understand the Cadillac calls this crisp/wedgy design style "Art & Science" and takes its inspiration from the Stealth Fighter. It's not only attractive in its own right, but is a very refreshing departure & rejection of what I call the "Pacific Rim blob" style of automotive architecture, which has now spread all the way to Mercedes and Jaguar.

(3) It's performance-model and interior upgrades are classy & subtle. No silly scoops, painted racing stripes, decals. The signs are there for the initiated.

(4) It's comfortable. How often have you sat in a friend's megabucks car and either broken your back on its boardstiff seat or collapsed into unsupportive mush? These seats are perfect.

(5) XM Radio. Built in, so you don't have to clutter/fumble with aftermarket add-ons. Much wider and more sophisticated selection than Sirius.

(6) OnStar. Absolutely. Once you've spent time in, done trips in, gone on out-of-the-way, remote area drives in an OS-equipped vehicle, you never quite feel as comfortable in a non-OS one thereafter. [I never minded flying commercially without a parachute until I went to Airborne School in the Army and experienced the actual distance between the plane and the ground. Now I miss having a chute when I board! ]

(7) A navigation display that's big enough to actually see without glasses. And navigation itself. Originally thought it was a silly luxury when the technology came out. Now I'm hooked.

(8) That spectacular hardtop up/down show. Everyone stops to look.

(9) One of the prettiest, yet not overdone underhood engines I've ever seen.

(10) Service convenience. Plenty of Cadillac dealerships around if you need one.

(11) Did I mention that Cadillac people are very nice people? Some marques tend to attract snobs, jerks, poseurs, frustrated racecar drivers. Something about Cadillac, on the other hand, seems to collect friendly, unassuming dreamers with perhaps a touch of Norman Rockwell nostalgia and an eye for great American traditions.

(12) Did I mention that this car goes like the Batmobile?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

harryctsv is offline Banned

Re: Why Did You Choose the XLR-V?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane
    Among my reasons:

(1) It's just altogether superbly conceived and built. Cadillac did a great job of refining the Evoc into the marketed XLR, and the -V added a nice mix of extra sizzle for those of us who never grew up past our teenage musclecar fantasies in the '60s.

(2) It's beautiful. I understand the Cadillac calls this crisp/wedgy design style "Art & Science" and takes its inspiration from the Stealth Fighter. It's not only attractive in its own right, but is a very refreshing departure & rejection of what I call the "Pacific Rim blob" style of automotive architecture, which has now spread all the way to Mercedes and Jaguar.

(3) It's performance-model and interior upgrades are classy & subtle. No silly scoops, painted racing stripes, decals. The signs are there for the initiated.

(4) It's comfortable. How often have you sat in a friend's megabucks car and either broken your back on its boardstiff seat or collapsed into unsupportive mush? These seats are perfect.

(5) XM Radio. Built in, so you don't have to clutter/fumble with aftermarket add-ons. Much wider and more sophisticated selection than Sirius.

(6) OnStar. Absolutely. Once you've spent time in, done trips in, gone on out-of-the-way, remote area drives in an OS-equipped vehicle, you never quite feel as comfortable in a non-OS one thereafter. [I never minded flying commercially without a parachute until I went to Airborne School in the Army and experienced the actual distance between the plane and the ground. Now I miss having a chute when I board! ]

(7) A navigation display that's big enough to actually see without glasses. And navigation itself. Originally thought it was a silly luxury when the technology came out. Now I'm hooked.

(8) That spectacular hardtop up/down show. Everyone stops to look.

(9) One of the prettiest, yet not overdone underhood engines I've ever seen.

(10) Service convenience. Plenty of Cadillac dealerships around if you need one.

(11) Did I mention that Cadillac people are very nice people? Some marques tend to attract snobs, jerks, poseurs, frustrated racecar drivers. Something about Cadillac, on the other hand, seems to collect friendly, unassuming dreamers with perhaps a touch of Norman Rockwell nostalgia and an eye for great American traditions.

(12) Did I mention that this car goes like the Batmobile?
    Rachane, congrats you drive two of the finest cars on this planet.
    I agree with you at any point. I, for myself only drive a DTS and an XLR - no V`s but also two great cars.

Doesn`t this words out of a German sounds good?

Can you please post some pics of your two beautys?

Harry

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

Re: Why Did You Choose the XLR-V?

at the risk of pissing a very large # of people off, i will add to the list...

(13) I didnt feel like driving to the Porsche dealership

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.