XLR-V vs SL 500 video
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, XLR-V vs SL 500 video in Cadillac V-Series Forums; sorry my video capture hardware not working but anyone with CABLEVISION can go to their FREE ON DEMAND section and ...
    annie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS green-98 ESC white-94 sts green

Talking XLR-V vs SL 500 video

sorry my video capture hardware not working but anyone with CABLEVISION
    can go to their FREE ON DEMAND section and then select MAG RACK were they can scroll down and select AUTO ACCESS were they will find the 11 min video about the cadillac vs mercedes in the SPORTSCAR FACEOFF section.

In the video a guy puts around in the 302 bhp 7 speed sl 500 talking about how smooth and refind it is . After all that he takes the xlr-v smokes the tires and goes high speed drifting around some tight , cervy, down hill mountain roadway somewere in califonia and then raves about how fade free the brakes are. The reson they compared the V to sl 500 and not the still faster and a lot cheaper xlr was because both the xlr-v and sl 500 are right around the same $100000 price tag. After his drive this guy stand infront of the to cars and anounces the benz the winner because it has years of pedigree, refinment and is the better car to drive to church and the office. After seeing the video this is the best example I have seen of a manufacture buying a victory. Even with the screwed up opinions on the video you guys must see the xlr-v speed threw the mountains.

If anyone can uploud this video before may 11 it would be great to see.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

XLR-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: XLR-V vs SL 500 video

Yes, I would like to see this. Anyone have access???

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by annie
    sorry my video capture hardware not working but anyone with CABLEVISION
    can go to their FREE ON DEMAND section and then select MAG RACK were they can scroll down and select AUTO ACCESS were they will find the 11 min video about the cadillac vs mercedes in the SPORTSCAR FACEOFF section.

In the video a guy puts around in the 302 bhp 7 speed sl 500 talking about how smooth and refind it is . After all that he takes the xlr-v smokes the tires and goes high speed drifting around some tight , cervy, down hill mountain roadway somewere in califonia and then raves about how fade free the brakes are. The reson they compared the V to sl 500 and not the still faster and a lot cheaper xlr was because both the xlr-v and sl 500 are right around the same $100000 price tag. After his drive this guy stand infront of the to cars and anounces the benz the winner because it has years of pedigree, refinment and is the better car to drive to church and the office. After seeing the video this is the best example I have seen of a manufacture buying a victory. Even with the screwed up opinions on the video you guys must see the xlr-v speed threw the mountains.

If anyone can uploud this video before may 11 it would be great to see.
    Hi Annie,
    I would like to see this video too!!!!
    But you got something wrong!
    The sl500 with 302 hp has a 5 speed automatic - the new one, which is available here in Germany since last month is sl500 388 hp and 7 speed auto.

I drive an XLR here in Germany and compare to my friends sl 500 it`s not only the better looking, no it`s even the faster car (his is a 2005 - 302 hp 5 auto)

Im sure, the sl500 you`re talking about feels against the XLR V real slow.

Here`s a pic of mine
    Harry (from Germany)
    Attached Images

annie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS green-98 ESC white-94 sts green

The guy in the video said he had a 302bhp sl500 and that the 7 speed helped fully utilize all 302 bhp.

Im going to open up the side of my computer tower and make sure my tv tuner is hooked up. I need to record this video.

Other than black your car has the best color for the xlr.

Quote Originally Posted by annie
    The guy in the video said he had a 302bhp sl500 and that the 7 speed helped fully utilize all 302 bhp.

Im going to open up the side of my computer tower and make sure my tv tuner is hooked up. I need to record this video.

Other than black your car has the best color for the xlr.
    Annie, the production of the face-lifted sl500 started in march this year and production before march was a 5 speed auto in the sl 500. That`s 100% sure!
    The facelift was the grille and new wheels - the motor delivers now 388 hp in the sl500.

Thank you, yes this thunder-grey looks very good, especially in sun.

Im waiting for the video!
    Harry

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv
    Annie, the production of the face-lifted sl500 started in march this year and production before march was a 5 speed auto in the sl 500. That`s 100% sure!
    The facelift was the grille and new wheels - the motor delivers now 388 hp in the sl500.

Thank you, yes this thunder-grey looks very good, especially in sun.

Im waiting for the video!
    Harry
    it's now called sl550 not sl500

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    it's now called sl550 not sl500
    No Concours,
    it`s nameplate isn`t changed. It is still sl 500! Maybe for US market but not here in Germany.
    to proof it go to mercedes.de, there you`ll see!

Harry

No Concours,
    it`s nameplate isn`t changed. It is still sl 500! Maybe for US market but not here in Germany.
    to proof it go to mercedes.de, there you`ll see!

Harry
    you're correct. They only have the numbers changed in the us (we're just special. Same way they're able to sell nissan cars as infiniti and honda as acura) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    you're correct. They only have the numbers changed in the us (we're just special. Same way they're able to sell nissan cars as infiniti and honda as acura) LOL
    Thanks Concours,
    do they really have sl 550 on the deck lid?

Harry

Thanks Concours,
    do they really have sl 550 on the deck lid?

Harry
    sl550 and s550 on the trunk.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.