Hard Wiring Radar Detector?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Hard Wiring Radar Detector? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Has anyone figured out a way to hard wire a radar detector so the power cable is hidden or at ...
    MLV
    MLV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, Maggied '05 CTS-V, '07 STS-V

Hard Wiring Radar Detector?

Has anyone figured out a way to hard wire a radar detector so the power cable is hidden or at least not hanging down to the cigarette lighter? The CTS-V was easy because of the sunroof, but the convertible top appears to preclude running wires by the rear view mirror to a hot connection. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

UNCLLUIE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC

Re: Hard Wiring Radar Detector?

I'll second that request...kind of. My Valentine 1 was wired down the A pillar of my Fleetwood so I just had the little bit of cable by the mirror exposed. Now that I sold the car, I need someone to do it for me in the NYC area. The last guy worked at the shop that put the system in FLorida.

Anyone know anyone in NY who can hard wire the Valentine?

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Have you tried looking around in one of the Vette forums? The wiring up to the rear view mirror should be very similar for a convertible Vette.

MLV

StealthV, thanks for the corvette forum idea. I did find a couple of posts from guys who had had the installation done but no instructions so far. One of the Cadillac techs from the CTS-V forum offered instructions on getting to the wiring near the rear view mirror, but I'm not sure I want to risk doing it myself, looks kind of difficult. If I can get the local dealership to do the installation, I'll post the results.

MLV

I had a local audio shop hard wire my Valentine One into the XLR-V today. They ran the cable from the top of the windshield near the rear view mirror inside the trim to down under the dash and connected it to the cigarette lighter wiring. They were unable to hide the cable inside the tunnel for the rear view mirror, so about 3 inches of wire is exposed, but it looks okay and works well. It definitely beats having the cable hanging down to the lighter. They charged $50 for the installation, very fair.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.