Michael Jordan Picks Cadillac XLR-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Michael Jordan Picks Cadillac XLR-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; ...
    Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Perhaps taking a cue from rapper Snoop Dogg, who buttonholed Dieter Zetsche for a new Chrysler 300C, former Chicago Bulls star Michael Jordan took delivery of one of the first 2006 Cadillac XLR-Vs in the country from none other than Cadillac general manager Jim Taylor.

IL has learned that Taylor had his team personally deliver the car to Jordan`s home here. In fact, Cadillac drove over an entire semi-truck with three XLR-Vs — representing each of the three exterior colors (Infra Red, Black Raven, Light Platinum) — so that the basketball legend could pick his favorite.

Jordan chose a red car. The purchase price: a cool $100,000. As a little extra, Cadillac threw in a set of custom side sills with Jordan`s signature etched in aluminum, insiders told IL.

Jordan is said to have confided to Taylor that he has 40 cars in his personal collection but that the XLR-V is his first American car

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

Re: Michael Jordan Picks Cadillac XLR-V

thats a legit story... ha I wish i was a celeb and cold have a truck brought to my house, so i could pick out a car... i can't believe he picked red... guess he's holding it down bulls style still... black woulda been my choice

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

If he was holdin it down Bulls style he would've got a black one too.

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

The best part is that MJ owns a Lincoln Mercury Dealership...

http://www.michaeljordanlincoln.com/

gordon87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

http://www.cadillacxlr-v.com/page8.html shows pics of the car being delivered at the dealer.

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

Wow, it must be nice to wake up and think about what time your new Cadillac(and an XLR-V at that!!)will be delivered to you.

jeffgtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

cool story, but its not his first american car.

when i was at northwestern they filmed a hot dog commercial on campus and we saw him leave. he was driving his vette ZR-1.

maybe he got rid of it.

DaveSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx
    cool story, but its not his first american car.

when i was at northwestern they filmed a hot dog commercial on campus and we saw him leave. he was driving his vette ZR-1.

maybe he got rid of it.
    I second that. I had a picture of him, getting out of his 93 40th anniversary ZR-1, on a wall at work. This was circa 1993. I only had the pic, because I thought it was cool he owned the same car I did. I had a 90 ZR-1 at that time.

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rauf

Perhaps taking a cue from rapper Snoop Dogg, who buttonholed Dieter Zetsche for a new Chrysler 300C, former Chicago Bulls star Michael Jordan took delivery of one of the first 2006 Cadillac XLR-Vs in the country from none other than Cadillac general manager Jim Taylor.

IL has learned that Taylor had his team personally deliver the car to Jordan`s home here. In fact, Cadillac drove over an entire semi-truck with three XLR-Vs — representing each of the three exterior colors (Infra Red, Black Raven, Light Platinum) — so that the basketball legend could pick his favorite.

Jordan chose a red car. The purchase price: a cool $100,000. As a little extra, Cadillac threw in a set of custom side sills with Jordan`s signature etched in aluminum, insiders told IL.

Jordan is said to have confided to Taylor that he has 40 cars in his personal collection but that the XLR-V is his first American car
    Where is the source?

Tuner@A&ACorvette is offline Cadillac Owners Member

very cool

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.