Drove a XLR-V Today!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Drove a XLR-V Today!! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I swung by where I bought my V from (Cooper Corvettes in Va) to stop in and say high and ...
    BADAZGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Talking Drove a XLR-V Today!!

I swung by where I bought my V from (Cooper Corvettes in Va) to stop in and say high and show them the new Corsa. The owner there has had a XLR-V there since I had bought my car over a month ago. So asked him today when he was going to take me for a ride in it. He got the keys and said go ahead and take it out!!
    I was totally shocked and honored that he would let me take out a 100K car on my own.
    That car is freakin sweet! I laid into full throttle and I think it will take my V in the 1/4. It seemed like it hit 80 in a heartbeat! I only had it out about 8 minutes at the most. I didn't want to over extend my self with the car, The owner was surprised to see me back so soon.

In any case I felt pretty lucky today to drive such a nice car. If I had that kind of money I would be very tempted to get one. Although I hate to give up a back seat!

Matthew

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Drove a XLR-V Today!!

Put a maggie on your V and you can scare yourself just as much for a lot less.

GT04CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): No GET-RAG or GM products

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals

1badcady is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I second that
    Attached Images

redzone is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The XLR is a beautiful machine!

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Quote Originally Posted by redzone
    The XLR is a beautiful machine!

I agree, the XLR-V is a BEAUTY.

I would hope so for $100k

I have an 11 sec Grand National,... (Have only about 12k in that and it is actually appreciating It is torn apart now for a rebuild, looking for very low 11's! That car scares me plenty! Big car Very fast horrible brakes and suspension!

It will be heads and cam for my V!

But the main point is that I thought it was pretty cool to be able to drive such a unique car!

Matthew

keeksv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04CTSVsc

Great car, but you have the right one....to modify

KTSwanson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was driving by the Road and Track offices on Monrovia in Newport Beach today, and saw a new burgundy XLR-V pull in and park...I cruised through the lot to admire it; dealer plates, so they must be doing an article featuring it for the next issue or two. Very edgy looks; paired twin exhaust pipes like Corvette's; cross-drilled brakes...but it's automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by KTSwanson
    I was driving by the Road and Track offices on Monrovia in Newport Beach today, and saw a new burgundy XLR-V pull in and park...I cruised through the lot to admire it; dealer plates, so they must be doing an article featuring it for the next issue or two. Very edgy looks; paired twin exhaust pipes like Corvette's; cross-drilled brakes...but it's automatic.
    It is built on the Corvette platform.

Quote Originally Posted by keeksv
    Great car, but you have the right one....to modify
    Believe me, I own my dream car! The V is everything I want in a daily driver! (Just need to be faster!)

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

The engine in the XLR-V is something, but with the refinements they made to that car, just remember it's not all about the engine.
    As our original poster knows I am sure, they made some dramatic changes to the suspension and it's ride is far superior to that of it's sibling, the regular XLR. I think it's still not quite the creature that the CTS-V is, and not that it's better, but there is a lot more to driving that car than just feeling the power of the supercharged motor.
    I don't really have a favorite and I know James wasn't really impressed when he rode the XLR-V with me, but I thought it was a pretty awesome ride.
    I don't own a V but I do drive about 3-4 a week, as some of you know. I don't drive them as aggresively as some of you do (unless you ask me to).
    It's hard to make a real comparison based on 15 minutes shots intermittently through the week. I wouldn't dare to make a comparison actually other than to say they are all enjoyable in their own way. Taste in cars and setups is as varied as the number of people there are on the planet.
    Honestly I'll probably never own either... if I had the dough I'd probably have to go with an STS-V so my Wife and Kid can come along, and I like the options on the STS-V a little better. I never really liked 2 seaters but they are fun to drive.

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Well I am a two seater kind of guy but I agree I would go with the STS-V but I love the XLR-V as well. For those of you who owns them, is it that deep of a step-down to sit down? I only ask because I got inside of a 2005 Corvette and it was pretty low.

Steve T is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just traded my '06 Z06 in for a new XLR-V last Friday. While they share the same basic architecture, the XLR-v seems easier to get in and out of.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.