Tell us about your XLR-V! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Tell us about your XLR-V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Just received mine in April and recently went over the 500 mark. I had a 2006 and there are some ...
    rspratt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 XLR-V

Cool Re: Tell us about your XLR-V!

Just received mine in April and recently went over the 500 mark. I had a 2006 and there are some differences. For example in the 2008 I hear these clicking sounds like relays are opening and closing when I put my foot on the brake and start it. Also I merely had to touch the off button and the car would shut down on the 2006. The 2008 I need to actually hold the buton in for a while before the engine shuts down. That feature may be more by design so you don't accidently shut the engine down. So far I have oly had the 2008 just over 100MPH. The 06 I went to 130. Does anyone know what the top end is?

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Tell us about your XLR-V!

Quote Originally Posted by rspratt View Post
    Just received mine in April and recently went over the 500 mark. I had a 2006 and there are some differences. For example in the 2008 I hear these clicking sounds like relays are opening and closing when I put my foot on the brake and start it. Also I merely had to touch the off button and the car would shut down on the 2006. The 2008 I need to actually hold the buton in for a while before the engine shuts down. That feature may be more by design so you don't accidently shut the engine down. So far I have oly had the 2008 just over 100MPH. The 06 I went to 130. Does anyone know what the top end is?
    Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up!
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

BadGimp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR V

Just picked a new 08 Black, chrome wheels.

Had an 08 Vette convertible prior which I traded for Red Viper.

The XLR V is my daily commute car here in So Cal. Traffic, what traffic?

Thinking about adding a performance upgrade package:

Stage 1.5 Power Package: $3,415.00
    Application: 2006-2008 XLR-V
    Horsepower Increased to = 545+ bhp
    Torque Increased to = 500+ ft lbs.
    Includes Exhaust System, Intercooler Lid, Spark Plugs, and ECU Box Tune Update)

Had the top down today driving down the coast from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach. Very nice...

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Congrats on the new car! Your in So Cal? Come on down and take a look at some of the XLR-V's we have here. You will love the power upgrades!!! The XLR-V takes very well to them.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by BadGimp View Post
    Just picked a new 08 Black, chrome wheels.

Had an 08 Vette convertible prior which I traded for Red Viper.

The XLR V is my daily commute car here in So Cal. Traffic, what traffic?

Thinking about adding a performance upgrade package:

Stage 1.5 Power Package: $3,415.00
    Application: 2006-2008 XLR-V
    Horsepower Increased to = 545+ bhp
    Torque Increased to = 500+ ft lbs.
    Includes Exhaust System, Intercooler Lid, Spark Plugs, and ECU Box Tune Update)

Had the top down today driving down the coast from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach. Very nice...

redstaff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V

Hello folks. I am in the process of purchasing a black 06 XLR-V bone stock. I am leaving my 01 Trans-Am WS-6 for a new mistress! I love to modify my cars. Any suggestions on intake and exhaust. My friend just bought a Lexus ISF and I need to kick his butt!!! LOL This Caddy has only 15,000 miles on it and is spotless!!!

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/x...ormance-tuning

We have everything you need to take care of your performance needs.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by redstaff View Post
    Hello folks. I am in the process of purchasing a black 06 XLR-V bone stock. I am leaving my 01 Trans-Am WS-6 for a new mistress! I love to modify my cars. Any suggestions on intake and exhaust. My friend just bought a Lexus ISF and I need to kick his butt!!! LOL This Caddy has only 15,000 miles on it and is spotless!!!

skibum2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none now

Just picked up a 2006 a few months ago, Black, with stage one upgrade and am in Dallas area. Bought the car in San Diego and drove it back home. I ran into one of the famous dust storms that the southwest is known for and I am impressed on how well the car handeled the high winds.. Amazing Road Manners..I have wanted one of these V's ever since I saw the commercial with Howie Long and he used a XLR. I sold my AC cobra ( contemporary ) to be able to pick this up.. I love it.. I am sorry that GM did not continue the program as the new body style was AMAZING...Oh well, the bean counters killed it too soon.

Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    My XLR story is kinda different...was visiting some friends in Florida. Was at a town square event, where some dealer had a '04 on display. What is this? I asked...was simply entranced by the lines, design...yup I have never seen one...at all in my area of Ca. (Bay Area). Well, me and the wife started talking about the ideal of buying and driving back to CA, or even having it delivered.

I never bought that car, but started looking when I got back...did a bit of research, basically scoffed at the bashing when compared with the MB & Bimmers of the world. So, 60 miles from my home, here sits another XLR at a really small dealer...no price...few photos. Went there just to test drive...and discovered a absolute mint '06 XLR-V with 37k miles (had no ideal what a V was as of yet)

The salesman actually let me and the wife test drive the thing...took it on the highway and...well...that smile that I have seen on other posts appeared. I ended up buying for 39k...absolutely worth it. Even came with the original sticker with the 100k original price tag and a dealer mark-up of another 20k! (perhaps dealer greed had something to do with the demise of the car). The supercharger thing only worried me (from a maintenance perspective) until further research assured me that the north stars were ironclad!

Interesting, bring the car to my local GM dealership ...both customers, dealers and service guys were all over this...one customer asked the dealer if he had any to sell. This is clearly a car that should have continued!

This is certainly a head turning car (with a total production of only 15k, it is no wonder that they are seldom seen), and I look forward to a few trips visiting the Napa Valley wineries, etc....once I get over the fear of the first chip...having that invisible bra thing done to minimize this...
    GizmoQ and GizmoQ like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.