Tell us about your XLR-V! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Tell us about your XLR-V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hi there you V fanatics. Just traded my CTS-V a.k.a. wheel bouncing pain in the ass for my new XLR-V. ...
    GHETTOYUPPIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New Owner

Hi there you V fanatics. Just traded my CTS-V a.k.a. wheel bouncing pain in the ass for my new XLR-V. I love the car. GM finally got the style right but I always have to ask myself why they cheap out on stupid areas. I manage a GM car dealership which is the only thing that keeps me loyal to their product. They never ask the dealer what would make their product more successful. Instead they insist on bringing out new product and then underpromoting and bastardising resale values. You cant even get a straight answer on what is in their vehicles when you look at their option specs. One says you get a certain option the next says you dont. for instance adaptive cruise control. now why would they take it out of the V? leather interior why cant they put real suede when they cheap out and put "sueded fabric instead.....oooooooohhhhhhh sueded fabric. The day I picked up my car it had a squeally fan belt on the supercharger. I can guarantee you that BMW or Mercedes would never ever let a $100,000 vehicle leave the factory that way. I am all pro american product. It is my bread and butter and GM has taken great strides on product reliability and fit and finish. But get rid of those hard plastics, go the extra mile on quality control, and "ask" the dealers what they feel would enhance their product for durability and sales. No body wants a rattle in their $100,000 vehicles speaker a day after buying one. This is what keeps GM from dominating the high end market. I understand that time is money but take the time before you sell it instead of the time in the shop after the vehicle is sold. I have vented.... thanks for listening. I hope GM doesn't dissappoint me again like they did with my CTS-V or next time regardless of me Managing a GM dealership I will park a BMW or Mercedes in the driveway.

Rob

IBMBROKER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Bought an XLR-V? Check in!

Picked up a new leftover V on January 3rd. The car is really amazing, was worried their wouldn;t be enough grunt coming from an 05 Corvette but I was wrong!

Unfortunately, tHe dealer was about 125 miles away so he rushed the prep and now wants me to bring it back for a detail and a few very minor fixes. He offered to send somebody to pick it up, but I just don't want the miles put on it, a stranger driving it, or minimum wage detailers putting the first swirls in the paint. What do you think? My detailer charges $150 and is the best. You would think the dealer would just cut me a check but haven't heard a response from my email I sent yesterday.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I wouldn't worry too much about the detailers making a mistake.

Its meant to be driven. I say, find some free time and take it there yourself.

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Its a very fun car to drive..

I will have some this spring for test drives .

Vegas V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just want to let everyone now that I'm back, it's been a while since I was here last, it's been at leats 9 months since I sold my 05 CTS-V, but I now own an 07 XLR-V and I'm glad to be back.

Jose

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Nice upgrade!

badboyusmail is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Got my silver projectile delivered to me late last night. I only got to drive it a little and the next day I took it to Cadillac for a key fob programming and a slight noise issue. Got it back and drove it some more and so far, I'm impressed. I do wish there were more nooks and crannies to hide stuff in but the car is awesome. I had trouble even finding a place to put my cap, but who cares when a car is this much fun.

I do have two questions.

It looks like you could lay a garment bag under the top when it is down without hurting anything?

Can you get the visor sticker completely off and if so how?

I'm very glad I went with the V model because the acceleration is exhilarating to say the least.

I need to drive it for a week and really get comfortable with the car, but it handles great and I haven't been this excited about a car in a long time.

XLR-V

Badboy

Quick65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My first XLR was a 2004. I sold my 2002 SL500 when I purchased it. The first XLR was great but I wanted the extra go so I traded the XLR for a 2007 XLRV in December. Same color infrared (XLRV is a little darker). I prefer this auto over the SL and its only had one return to the dealer. First XLR needed a top adjustment not returns for the XLRV yet. To the members who compare the XLR unfavorably to the SL500; I wonder if they ever owned an SL500? The biggest difference I experienced is the ride in the SL was much rougher and not once in the 6 trips back for repairs was I offered a loaner car (from two different dealers). I love my Caddy.

Forgot to post some pictures of my new XLRV. By the way! some of us in the hip replacement age are also Hip! 65 and ready to race!
    Attached Images

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quick65, you are right, it`s a GREAT automobile. Nice pics

Harry

vixapphire is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Fleetwood FWD, 2002 DTS (both gone)

I'm not a huge fan of the burgundy red, which I've always found somewhat geriatric (to me it is more at home on a Buick than a Cadi sportscar), but after seeing it with a black instead of tan interior, I have to say you've got a gorgeous car there!

I'm holding out for about a year and then I'm going to try to get into a black/black V. I saw a 2006 black/black one at Ehlers last weekend. someone earlier complained about the "soft" paint: I could not believe the orange peel on the '06 in the showroom!!! Do they spend more than 15 minutes painting these $100k cars or what? I'm a big Cadi booster, but that's a pretty lame job they've done, and even more so because (a) it reeks of inattention to detail, and (b) it belies low tolerances in the QC process for these cars. Rather unfortunate for a halo car. Hopefully they've gotten their act together somewhat for 2007?

Thanks!
    About the orange peal. The first one I had (an XLR) was same color as this one and the left fender looked like you describe. I never noticed it till a couple of months after purchase. (it was really bad) The 3 stage paint they use is a little tricky to apply so before you purchase your car get it in the sun and go over it very carefully all panels. About the soft paint. I have been told by a couple of people that that clear coat is the problem and that all clear coat is a problem but shows worse on black. A couple of things that help you can get a strainer for the bottom of your wash bucket which keeps sand and small gravel out of your wash mitt (lambs wool) which should be rinsed frequently. Wash in straight lines not circular. Separate mitt for wheels and wheel wells. Rinse thoroughly before wash as a previous writer said.

bobby1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Tell us about your XLR-V!

i just bought my 2007 v last friday i'm curious how some of you guys were treated by your dealer? When i first came in i had been talking to a sales person at the store for about 3 to 4 months before i set a date, i was planning on buying it for a birthday gift to myself. i arrive at the store i made and appointment a week in advance and came in i ask for the guy i was supposed to see and he wasn't available and i quote he had and important client from another city in my area. so already i'm feeling kind of strange and when the guy that helps me, starts showing me what they have, we go to the lot where the car is and there is bird crap all over the car its flithy and we take a look at the car and i have to ask the salesperson to open up the door, then i ask him can i start it up and then i have to ask him may i see the trunk and then the engine. and then from there it stars to rain so we go back to the store i tell him that there is a dealer that may have a blue one so he gives his info and thats. Now one thing i didn't mention is that i was planning on having them either dealer trading or going with a blk one. either way we leave and then i decide to go back and give my info so he can get me prequalified and then the plan is to let him know if its the blue or blk. so i call the other dealer and its not there i call the sales person at the store where, i want to buy the car and he statees he will submit later that day he calls and tells me i need a bunch of downpayment. and i try to call him and he tells me they put the deal with ust me and not my girlfriend so i'm upset now because i knew i wouldn't quailfy by my self i have ans open car already and a house on my record so i go over there and the finace lady is saying that in order to get the special gms pricing i have to be on by myself so i'm, like ok and the i ask why didn't you just run it at reg price and together and then they were like we can try and the next day i call gm smart buy customer service and ask them about being married and they said as long as your in a common law state its ok and just fyi the past three cars we have bought were together and this a span of 6 yrs. Later that day she says i'm approved and then she tells me it was 60 motnhs when i was never asked what way i wanted to go. so she calls them back and says ok we got it done i come later that day to pickup car 5 hours later and the car is still showing spots of bird droppings and dirt all over car and then i had to wait over 30 minutes for her to get paperwork ready when there was one guy there before i got there and he left about 10 minutes after i got there so not sure what was taking so long and finally we go in and sign everything and she gives me the papewrwork and she ries to find salesperson and she finds him and he shows me some other features and talks about csi and then i go its about 845pm or so when i leave finace i thought i would meet manager and someother people but no ont anyone kind of like nothing happened even outside when i'm taking pictures sales people are just driving by and even a security guard comes by locking cars i was shocked at the experience i never got to see the service dept or parts bodyshop or meet anybody but the f and i guy and the sales person and receptionist. to close i just wander if some of you cadillac owners experienced what i did or does this sound about normal. i used to sell cars and if it had not been for my ability to hold these peoples hands through process it would not get done and the customer service is like your not even there. any input would be great and sorry to hijack forum i'm new but i love my 07 xlr-v

amh
    amh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

WOW!!!! If i was treated like that i would help all the other people who buy cars at that dealer and make your sales transaction information aviable to cadillac zone office. In the back of your owners manuel is a phone number to get names etc. No more verbalization make it hard copy. I have purchased 19 cadillacs and Never had a story like yours to tell. You are a paitent purchaser.

bobby1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i am i saw the v and i guess i really let a lot slide

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.