Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Tell us about your XLR-V!

25K views 40 replies 33 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
Pics? Prices? Dealer experience? Overall satisfaction?

Tell us all about your XLR-V. :thumbsup:

#28 ·
i just bought my 2007 v last friday i'm curious how some of you guys were treated by your dealer? When i first came in i had been talking to a sales person at the store for about 3 to 4 months before i set a date, i was planning on buying it for a birthday gift to myself. i arrive at the store i made and appointment a week in advance and came in i ask for the guy i was supposed to see and he wasn't available and i quote he had and important client from another city in my area. so already i'm feeling kind of strange and when the guy that helps me, starts showing me what they have, we go to the lot where the car is and there is bird crap all over the car its flithy and we take a look at the car and i have to ask the salesperson to open up the door, then i ask him can i start it up and then i have to ask him may i see the trunk and then the engine. and then from there it stars to rain so we go back to the store i tell him that there is a dealer that may have a blue one so he gives his info and thats. Now one thing i didn't mention is that i was planning on having them either dealer trading or going with a blk one. either way we leave and then i decide to go back and give my info so he can get me prequalified and then the plan is to let him know if its the blue or blk. so i call the other dealer and its not there i call the sales person at the store where, i want to buy the car and he statees he will submit later that day he calls and tells me i need a bunch of downpayment. and i try to call him and he tells me they put the deal with ust me and not my girlfriend so i'm upset now because i knew i wouldn't quailfy by my self i have ans open car already and a house on my record so i go over there and the finace lady is saying that in order to get the special gms pricing i have to be on by myself so i'm, like ok and the i ask why didn't you just run it at reg price and together and then they were like we can try and the next day i call gm smart buy customer service and ask them about being married and they said as long as your in a common law state its ok and just fyi the past three cars we have bought were together and this a span of 6 yrs. Later that day she says i'm approved and then she tells me it was 60 motnhs when i was never asked what way i wanted to go. so she calls them back and says ok we got it done i come later that day to pickup car 5 hours later and the car is still showing spots of bird droppings and dirt all over car and then i had to wait over 30 minutes for her to get paperwork ready when there was one guy there before i got there and he left about 10 minutes after i got there so not sure what was taking so long and finally we go in and sign everything and she gives me the papewrwork and she ries to find salesperson and she finds him and he shows me some other features and talks about csi and then i go its about 845pm or so when i leave finace i thought i would meet manager and someother people but no ont anyone kind of like nothing happened even outside when i'm taking pictures sales people are just driving by and even a security guard comes by locking cars i was shocked at the experience i never got to see the service dept or parts bodyshop or meet anybody but the f and i guy and the sales person and receptionist. to close i just wander if some of you cadillac owners experienced what i did or does this sound about normal. i used to sell cars and if it had not been for my ability to hold these peoples hands through process it would not get done and the customer service is like your not even there. any input would be great and sorry to hijack forum i'm new but i love my 07 xlr-v :D

#29 ·
WOW!!!! If i was treated like that i would help all the other people who buy cars at that dealer and make your sales transaction information aviable to cadillac zone office. In the back of your owners manuel is a phone number to get names etc. No more verbalization make it hard copy. I have purchased 19 cadillacs and Never had a story like yours to tell. You are a paitent purchaser.

#31 ·
Just received mine in April and recently went over the 500 mark. I had a 2006 and there are some differences. For example in the 2008 I hear these clicking sounds like relays are opening and closing when I put my foot on the brake and start it. Also I merely had to touch the off button and the car would shut down on the 2006. The 2008 I need to actually hold the buton in for a while before the engine shuts down. That feature may be more by design so you don't accidently shut the engine down. So far I have oly had the 2008 just over 100MPH. The 06 I went to 130. Does anyone know what the top end is?

#33 ·
Just picked a new 08 Black, chrome wheels.

Had an 08 Vette convertible prior which I traded for Red Viper.

The XLR V is my daily commute car here in So Cal. Traffic, what traffic?

Thinking about adding a performance upgrade package:

Stage 1.5 Power Package: $3,415.00
Application: 2006-2008 XLR-V
Horsepower Increased to = 545+ bhp
Torque Increased to = 500+ ft lbs.
Includes Exhaust System, Intercooler Lid, Spark Plugs, and ECU Box Tune Update)

Had the top down today driving down the coast from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach. Very nice... :thumbsup:

#35 ·
Hello folks. I am in the process of purchasing a black 06 XLR-V bone stock. I am leaving my 01 Trans-Am WS-6 for a new mistress! I love to modify my cars. Any suggestions on intake and exhaust. My friend just bought a Lexus ISF and I need to kick his butt!!! LOL This Caddy has only 15,000 miles on it and is spotless!!!:)

#37 ·
Just picked up a 2006 a few months ago, Black, with stage one upgrade and am in Dallas area. Bought the car in San Diego and drove it back home. I ran into one of the famous dust storms that the southwest is known for and I am impressed on how well the car handeled the high winds.. Amazing Road Manners..I have wanted one of these V's ever since I saw the commercial with Howie Long and he used a XLR. I sold my AC cobra ( contemporary ) to be able to pick this up.. I love it.. I am sorry that GM did not continue the program as the new body style was AMAZING...Oh well, the bean counters killed it too soon.

#38 ·
My XLR story is kinda different...was visiting some friends in Florida. Was at a town square event, where some dealer had a '04 on display. What is this? I asked...was simply entranced by the lines, design...yup I have never seen one...at all in my area of Ca. (Bay Area). Well, me and the wife started talking about the ideal of buying and driving back to CA, or even having it delivered.

I never bought that car, but started looking when I got back...did a bit of research, basically scoffed at the bashing when compared with the MB & Bimmers of the world. So, 60 miles from my home, here sits another XLR at a really small dealer...no price...few photos. Went there just to test drive...and discovered a absolute mint '06 XLR-V with 37k miles (had no ideal what a V was as of yet)

The salesman actually let me and the wife test drive the thing...took it on the highway and...well...that smile that I have seen on other posts appeared. I ended up buying for 39k...absolutely worth it. Even came with the original sticker with the 100k original price tag and a dealer mark-up of another 20k! (perhaps dealer greed had something to do with the demise of the car). The supercharger thing only worried me (from a maintenance perspective) until further research assured me that the north stars were ironclad!

Interesting, bring the car to my local GM dealership ...both customers, dealers and service guys were all over this...one customer asked the dealer if he had any to sell. This is clearly a car that should have continued!

This is certainly a head turning car (with a total production of only 15k, it is no wonder that they are seldom seen), and I look forward to a few trips visiting the Napa Valley wineries, etc....once I get over the fear of the first chip...having that invisible bra thing done to minimize this...

#39 ·
Just made the investment of my lifetime, purchased a 2009 XLR-V Black on Beige*shudder* with 70k miles for only $30k with all scheduled maintenance, new shocks/springs all around and the only thing not working is the heated steering ;)
Looking at reupholstering the interior in either the factory option red, or a custom saddle brown with diamond quilted colored stitching, upgrading to the ctsv3 calipers, and doubling up on the custom LC3 stroker build I've got being made for my 2008 STS4
Pictures as soon as the snow is gone!

#40 ·
Mine is a 2009 Blue with Ebony interior. Bought it from a couple in Vegas in 2015, it didn’t fit her correctly. Pd $50,000 for it with 500 original miles, it has about 1200 miles today. Added it to my 2013 CTS-V wagon that I bought new in 2013. Today I added another sweet to the pie. 2019 CTS-V Pedestal Edition coupe with 7000 miles. What a nice car, only 300 built for the world market!😀

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.