Saw New XLR-V in Dallas, TX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Saw New XLR-V in Dallas, TX in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I have to say what a great looking car. He pulled up next to me at a red light. Everyone ...
    TXSilverV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Saw New XLR-V in Dallas, TX

I have to say what a great looking car. He pulled up next to me at a red light. Everyone was watching thinking they were about to see a CTS-V/XLR-V race. Of course we would never street race! I told him how much I liked his car and he told me he lives down the street from me and has watched me over the last year turn my V into a beast. He said he was going to stop by my house this weekend so we can drive each others car. I loved the way the XLR-V looked!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: Saw New XLR-V in Dallas, TX

This thread will be useless without pics !!!!

So what color is his XLR-V ?
    (suggestion) Why don't you guys get some pics / videos of the two cars, especially if ya'll ---don't--- do one of those illegal street runs

If you need a body to shoot some video let me know, I'll swing by in my V as well.

TXSilverV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

If he stops by I'll try to email you or something and set up a time. Maybe we could do a three way street race! ahh I mean on a track!LOL
    Flower Mound stinks I have been pulled over two times in the last two weeks. both were for excessive display of speed taking off from traffic lights. The XLR-V was black.

Sounds cool. He will probably want to put a few miles on the car and get it broken in before running it too hard. We could always arrange to do something in the future once the weather clears back up and everything is nice and dry.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I drove one yesterday and rode in it today with James.
    What a nice ride. It is soooooo much smoother than a regular XLR and the power is so smooth and righ there when you want it.
    The whistle from the supercharger makes the hair on my neck stand on end.
    Some people don't like the dark ash accents inside but I think it's a nice change. I really like the accents on the inside. The leather is very nice on the seats.

I have been talking to the Brand Quality Manager for this carline on the phone and I was sure to let him know that I thought it was very well done.

domino is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you see one up in Plano, Tx, that one's mine. I've got a full 3000+ miles on it already. I took it down to Houston for the all star weekend and have driven it all around the DFW. I have to agree with some people about the interior. I've owned an sl 55 amg and the interior of that car is better but I'm not saying the car is better. The Northstar can hold it's own to anything. Make sure you get on that shifter yourself. The only advise I would give you is that you have to anticipate that redline fuel cutoff to get the ultimate acceleration runs. Put your foot on the floor and manually shift that baby at about 5000 rpm and the car will actually shift closer to 5800-6000. You'll be doing 100mph still in third gear.

Well I'll keep an eye for a black XLR-V in the Plano area, that's where I live. If you see a Redline CTS-V waving, that might just be me.

Bismarck is offline Cadillac Owners Member

nice

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.